Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Baby born on jet just before landing at O'Hare

Baby born on jet just before O'Hare landing
    Little girl may or may not receive U.S. citizenship

December 8, 2006
    BY ESTHER J. CEPEDA Staff Reporter
    Despite being trapped in a cramped airplane thousands of feet in the air, a pregnant Mexican woman en route to Chicago found herself in the right place at the right time -- giving birth to a healthy baby girl with the help of a fellow passenger.
    The 42-year-old woman gave birth to a 7-pound, 8-ounce girl approximately a half hour before the plane touched down at O'Hare just before midnight Wednesday, said Eve Rodriguez, Chicago Fire Department assistant director of media affairs.

Baby 'alert, looking around'
    The woman, a Mexican citizen, was on a Mexicana Airlines flight from Guadalajara when she went into labor.
    "I was kind of surprised how calm everyone was," said Lori Perez who, along with fellow paramedic Enoch Benson of O'Hare's Rescue Station 3, boarded the plane to take mother and baby to Resurrection Medical Center.

"Mom was in good spirits, she said there was a doctor on board and that she wasn't in a lot of pain."

Perez said that although she didn't catch the obstetrician's name, his handiwork was good.

"The baby girl was not really crying; she was alert and looking around," Perez said.

Airspace matters
    Mexicana Airlines officials did not return calls to explain whether the woman had presented a doctor's authorization to fly six months or more into a pregnancy, as its own rules require.
    Whether the baby girl is the United States' newest citizen remains to be seen, according to Maria Elena Garcia-Upson, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services spokeswoman.

An immigration law provision makes a child born in airspace over U.S. territory eligible for citizenship.

But if the parents decide to file an application, officials will investigate whether the child was born in Mexican air-space or over international waters.

"The parents can go ahead and pursue citizenship for the child if they so wish," said Garcia-Upson.

"But we don't decide on cases like this in a public forum. Facts need to be determined first."

ecepeda@suntimes.com

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/1650 ... 08.article
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Perez said that although she didn't catch the obstetrician's name, his handiwork was good.
    Looks like she'd want to know who to expect a bill from.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar
    So your have a kid on a mexican plane on it's way to the US and then your child is a citizen? Are they selling US passports in dollar stores now?
    Free Ramos and Compean NOW!

An immigration law provision makes a child born in airspace over U.S. territory eligible for citizenship.
    I can see it now - Airborne Birthing Centers!!!!! All they have to do is circle and deliver!!!! I guess it beats dropping babies on I-10.

The airlines can set up charter flights and land twice as many passengers as they started with from anywhere. Those transatlantic flights could be tricky, but the ones from the South would be easy to time.

This is making me nuts!!!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Let's get to the real story here! The article states the lady was on her way to Chicago, which means she probably had plans on visiting a Chicago hospital for delivery of her child. How was this lady able to obtain a passport to travel to Chicago. Are you telling me she was able to obtain a legitimate passport without questions being asked concerning her expected delivery date? When something like this happens, it just validates what we already knew - our federal government has no idea who is coming into the country or their reasons for coming!

The woman, a Mexican citizen, was on a Mexicana Airlines flight from Guadalajara when she went into labor.
    I wish the story offered up a few more facts. Did this lady have a tourist visa? What was her business in America? Of course we know about her planned "anchor baby" delivery, but what information did she provide to acquire the necessary documents to legally come to America?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Newmexican
    I can see it now - Airborne Birthing Centers!!!!! All they have to do is circle and deliver!!!! I guess it beats dropping babies on I-10.

The airlines can set up charter flights and land twice as many passengers as they started with from anywhere. Those transatlantic flights could be tricky, but the ones from the South would be easy to time.

This is making me nuts!!!
    Laughed so hard at this I sprayed coffee all over my desk LOL

From what I heard on the radio......she was 2 wks from her delivery date and was comming here to visit family for the holidays. Any woman knows that her Dr. highly discourages flying in the last tri-mester....let alone 2 wks before delivery. In the article it was even mentioned about Mexicos rules for flying past 6 mos. It sure seems to me even going about everything legally her intent was have her baby here. She was due I think they said on the 17th. If she's here for the "holidays" with her family it seems pretty clear what the intent was. I mean usually they try and figure a due date and say it's 2 wks either way. So her vacation was planned perfectly. Not to mention in a sanctuary city as well.

Maybe she will join Elvira and Saul as fugitives from justice.

Well congradulations to her! She got the ultimate "welcome to america" package! Free birthing, free citizenship and hey, why don't you stop by Humbolt Church and get more stuff for free! Bye bye America!
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

Next thing you know they'll be having birthing boats on US coastal waters.

I mean are the National Guard trained for air and sea protection of invasion?(being sarcastic)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast