Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bachmann promises $2-a-gallon gas

Aug 17, 2011

Bachmann promises $2-a-gallon gas

By Chris Woodyard, USA TODAY
    Updated 2h 9m ago

Rep. Michele Bachmann is promising to get the price of gasoline back below $2 a gallon if she is elected president.

The Minnesota Republican noted while on the stump today that gas used to go for $1.79 the day that President Obama took office, Politico.com notes. Today, the national price of a gallon of regular is $3.584, according to AAA's daily fuel price tracker.

"The day that the president became president gasoline was $1.79 a gallon. Look at what it is today," says Bachmann on tape at an event in Greenville, S.C., as chronicled by Politico. "Under President Bachmann, you will see gasoline come down below $2 a gallon again. That will happen."

She doesn't say how she'll make it happen, but she's a big proponent of more domestic oil drilling.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... a-gallon/1
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I think

I think she meant $2+ a gallon...Maybe like $2.50 or so which is attainable. Below $2 a gallon is a stretch

A nice promise, but the first promise that came to mind was George H.W. Bush's promise NOT to raise taxes.
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    The Minnesota Republican noted while on the stump today that gas used to go for $1.79 the day that President Obama took office, WHAT PLANET IS SHE FROM?SHE IS WRONG AGAIN WHICH IS NOT SURPISING.I REMEMBER UNDER BUSH W GAS WAS OVER 4 DOLLARS A GALLON BEFORE OBAMA TOOK OFFICE.WE CANCELLED A HUNTING TRIP BECAUSE OF GAS PRICES.SHE IS SOMETHING ON MORE THAN HER HEAD ACHE TABLETS.MUST BE CRACK.

I'm not very knowledgeable about economics but I remember reading a few articles that basically stated Wall Street is manipulating the price of gas. Something to do about a change in the rules that allowed "oil futures" to be handled differently than in the past.

Now if that's so and she could get the rule changed back it could be possible.

I'm too tired to research anything about it now.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Presidents have little direct control on the price drivers pay at the pump, but that doesn’t insulate them from taking blame. Mr. Bush faced harsh criticism as gas prices rose past $3, and Mr. Hastings said Mr. Obama is likely to face the same pressures if prices continue to rise.

working4change
    Oil Mergers Manipulation and Mirages How Eroding Legal Protections And Lax Regulatory Oversight Harm Consumers

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/workshops/energy ... oilgas.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by duckman
    The Minnesota Republican noted while on the stump today that gas used to go for $1.79 the day that President Obama took office, WHAT PLANET IS SHE FROM?SHE IS WRONG AGAIN WHICH IS NOT SURPISING.I REMEMBER UNDER BUSH W GAS WAS OVER 4 DOLLARS A GALLON BEFORE OBAMA TOOK OFFICE.WE CANCELLED A HUNTING TRIP BECAUSE OF GAS PRICES.SHE IS SOMETHING ON MORE THAN HER HEAD ACHE TABLETS.MUST BE CRACK.
    It was like that in VA and NJ before Obama took over. It was over 4 dollars during Bush, but then it dropped dramatically before Obama took over. I remember that much.

If we continue to rely on foreign countries, especially the Middle East for crude and we don't allow ourselves to drill domestically and offshore, nor build refineries then we will continue to pay the price at the pump.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn