Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Backers of immigrant initiative appeal ruling on implementat

http://kvoa.com/Global/story.asp?S=3386417

Backers of immigrant initiative appeal ruling on implementation
    May 24, 2005, 03:20 PM

Backers of a voter-approved law requiring proof of citizenship to vote and limiting services for illegal aliens filed an appeal at the Arizona Court of Appeals on Tuesday, asking that the court reject the way state officials have decided to implement the law.

Backers of Proposition 200 contend that Gov. Janet Napolitano and Attorney General Terry Goddard, both Democrats, have failed to implement the law as intended.

They want the appellate court to overturn a trial court ruling that found the law was properly implemented.

The state has been requiring proof of citizenship when registering to vote, but Goddard has said the law's ban on "public benefits" for illegal immigrants was too broad.

Rep. Russell Pearce, a chief backer of Proposition 200, accused Napolitano of disregarding the will of the voters.

"Illegal aliens in Arizona have found a champion in Arizona. Her name is Janet Napolitano," said the Mesa Republican.

Copyright 2005 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

And the people of America Fight Back...
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Arizona might be the lightening rod & critical mass point for the entire country. Things are boiling out there from what I've been hearing. Our AZ friend has stated that it's the worse he's ever seen it {life long resident} and it's about ready to explode.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

and it's about ready to explode.
    I almost hope it does. Unfortunately it might be the surest way for some action.

What else can we say about Governor Mexicano?
    http://www.alipac.us Enforce immigration laws!