Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bahama Breeze's Pathetic Response

I recently dined at a chain restaurant called Bahama Breeze in Towson, Maryland. I noticed that much of the kitchen staff was Latino, whereas all of the other people employed at the restaurant were primarily Caucasion and African-American (which is what the majority of the surrounding population is.) I wrote to them, stating that they should check the legal status of those they hire, and they should hire people from the community, in particular students, to do kitchen work. Here's the response that I got:

Dear XXXXX:

Thank you for taking the time to outline your concerns about your observations
    at our Towson Bahama Breeze restaurant.

Bahama Breeze's business is to provide great food and service. We do that for
    our guests without consideration to race, gender, etc. Likewise, our hiring
    practices are without consideration of race, gender or any other trait that may
    distinguish one person from another. In each of our restaurants, we want to be
    a reflection of the community in which we are a part.

We would like to continue serving you and your family, but we respect your right
    to dine where you feel most comfortable.

Ms. XXXXX
    Bahama Breeze Guest Relations

I wrote them back that they have an obligation to make sure they are hiring people who are LEGALLY eligible to work in the USA; otherwise, they are doing a disservice to the community.

Any thoughts?

Ostrich

At least they know people are looking.

Likewise, our hiring practices are without consideration of race, gender or any other trait that may distinguish one person from another.
    Legal status has absolutely NOTHING to do with the above! They are trying to tie legal status to race. In addition they say they make NO distinctions when they hire? Do they consider unhealthy individuals? How about hire a cook who can't cook? How about bad dispositions? Would they willingly hire a thief? Or do they just go eeny meeny miny moe when they hire?
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

Any thoughts?
    I suppose you might be profiling. I think it your choice how you direct your funds. Under the present situation in the country a person must do what they have to do.

Don't take chances eating in restaurants. You risk illegal aliens handling your food at least twice.

Choose food carefully, inspect it, wash it, use safe food handling practices, and cook thoroughly to proper temperatures.

Tell the restaurants you used to frequent what you are doing, also local government, health department, and Chamber of Commerce.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"Ostrich"

Good job! I have noticed the same thing in many restaurants. I even brought this up to the Mgr. at a country place I like to go to. This place is way out in the country and has one of the best Southern, home-cooking buffets around. But, back in the kitchen, they were all hispanic.

It really is a shame to see this happening.
    D.W.