Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bailout for US Auto Outsourcers?

http://www.news-sentinel.com/apps/pbcs. ... /812290327

Auto crisis felt in Mexico, too
    And bailout money is unlikely to go across the border.

By Alexandra Olson
    of The Associated Press
    MEXICO CITY — The U.S. auto bailout lifts the threat of imminent collapse from plants that have been a steady source of jobs in Mexico. But the rescue, backed by American taxpayers, is likely to slow investment in Mexico's auto industry, one of the fastest-growing in the world.

Lured by low labor costs, Detroit's automakers have been critical to an industry that now makes up 3 percent of Mexico's gross domestic product and accounts for a fifth of its exports. The 13 plants run by Ford, Chrysler and GM account for more than 50 percent of Mexico's auto production.

While nothing in the $17.4 billion U.S. government loan package prohibits it, expansion outside of the United States using taxpayer money would most likely lead to a huge backlash.

[color=blue]“They really need this money, so my guess is that they will try to stay away from making new investments in Mexico in the short term because it would look very bad,â€

I emailed this to every one of my contacts and asked them to forward it on. They're building more new "American" auto plants in that stink hole south of us while putting my family out of work?????????? Check the labels and demand American made cars!! That's what I did when I bought my new car. The salesman at the dealership actually had the stones to tell me the "important thing is to keep the people at the dealerships working"...I kid you not. I responded, "Well, that doesn't keep anyone in my family working!" I was po'd and he knew it. He shut his mouth, except to reply, "Yeah."

$1.50 an hour.... instread of bringing the rest of the worlds wages in line with ours, they are going to bring us down to the rest of the worlds....

BUY AMERICAN OR DO NOT BUY AT ALL...if you don't you will be creating your own demise along with your childrens and grand children..

Save your money until you can buy something produced in the United States, the worst that can happen is you will have a savings!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    $1.50 an hour.... instread of bringing the rest of the worlds wages in line with ours, they are going to bring us down to the rest of the worlds....BUY AMERICAN OR DO NOT BUY AT ALL
    That was their plan all along. The hooey they fed us about bringing the world's wages in line with ours was just that...a great big ol' load of hooey!

I know it is what they have been doing all along, but I just like it when they back up my thoughts with facts (or admit it in public), because alot of people are a little slow to understand where they are and have been headed with this
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

I know it is what they have been doing all along, but I just like it when they back up my thoughts with facts (or admit it in public), because alot of people are a little slow to understand where they are and have been headed with this
    I live in Ohio, and have most of my life. People in other areas have no idea how devastated the citizens of our state and surrounding "rust belt" states have been for years by the outsourcing of our manufacturing jobs. No idea. Families here have been taking very low paying jobs for decades just trying to keep a roof over our families' heads. The roofs aren't McMansions...just average homes, and we struggle just to hang on while America buys products from other nations.

Now that it's effecting the pink and white collar jobs, we hear the howl...that howl was unheard as long as it was only us hard-working blue collar folks doing the howling.

Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticMe
    I live in Ohio, and have most of my life. People in other areas have no idea how devastated the citizens of our state and surrounding "rust belt" states have been for years by the outsourcing of our manufacturing jobs. No idea. Families here have been taking very low paying jobs for decades just trying to keep a roof over our families' heads. The roofs aren't McMansions...just average homes, and we struggle just to hang on while America buys products from other nations.

Now that it's effecting the pink and white collar jobs, we hear the howl...that howl was unheard as long as it was only us hard-working blue collar folks doing the howling.
    I hear ya....most people are not going to wake up until it hits home...frankly what has helped our cause across the country is the loss of construction jobs and the down fall of the houseing, it has opened alot of eyes..

Well what ever it takes to get Americans to speak out and stand up for each other, no matter if it affects them or not has got to be our goal....AMERICANS FIRST and we expect them to receive a LIVING WAGE!! CLOSE THE BORDER AND ENFORCE THE LAWS.....E-VERIFY!

Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticMe

I hear ya....most people are not going to wake up until it hits home...frankly what has helped our cause across the country is the loss of construction jobs and the down fall of the houseing, it has opened alot of eyes..

Well what ever it takes to get Americans to speak out and stand up for each other, no matter if it affects them or not has got to be our goal....AMERICANS FIRST and we expect them to receive a LIVING WAGE!! CLOSE THE BORDER AND ENFORCE THE LAWS.....E-VERIFY!
    Right on! Almost every single person I have talked to here...co-workers, family members and friends...is against the illegal aliens being here in our nation and against "off-shoring" of our jobs, but very few actually do something about it. If things get bad enough, though, they will sooner or later.

They will, it is only a matter of time before the hard times hits a family member or friend of every family in America....