Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Baja expecting 200,000 spring break visitors

This is so like the UT to print this. All about the $ you know.
    To some perhaps this should be in Other Topics but being a border town with San Diego and our concern about the violence spreading over it seems appropriate to put here.
    Ought to read the comments flooding in after this article.

~~
    Baja expecting 200,000 spring break visitors

By Sandra Dibble
    UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER

8:00 p.m. March 6, 2008

TIJUANA – Baja California officials said Thursday they are expecting close to 200,000 Mexican and foreign tourists to visit their state during the upcoming three-week spring break and Holy Week period.
    “For us, it's going to be a vacation period like we haven't seen for the past two years,â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    I cant believe American's would actually consider visiting after all of the crime directed at American's
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The Baja California Attorney General's Office has added English-speaking staff to take tourists' crime reports.
    Says it all.............

Appeal to Mexican President Calderon:
    "Amnesty International has documented torture, arbitrary detention,
    excessive use of force and the denial of due process," said Cox in a letter
    to President Calderon ahead of his official visit Sunday through next
    Thursday (Feb. 10-14). "The public security and criminal justice
    institutions have too frequently been characterized as abusive, ineffective
    and lacking independence and transparency."

Larry Cox, executive director of Amnesty International USA
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Maybe they could stay at this hostel:

I freed thousands of slaves; I could have freed more if they knew they were slaves.
    --Harriet Tubman

Quote Originally Posted by AirborneSapper7
    I cant believe American's would actually consider visiting after all of the crime directed at American's
    Amen.

One of my sisters "owns" a second home in Sayulita, Mexico. Recently, she asked me if I'd like to vacation with her family down there. I told her there's no way in hell I'd spend one peso in her beloved Mexico any time soon. That started a long argument and she pulled out all of the OBL propaganda that she learned from her "friends" in Mexico. I hope it doesn't take one of my nieces being kidnapped to knock some sense into her.

Most of the vacationers will not be Americans. The Dominican Repulic is the least expensive beach destination and has been for the last several years. Safer too.
    "

Here's a good story for anyone considering going to Mexico:

One of my former co-workers was stationed in San Diego when he was in the military. He and several friends decided to go to TJ one weekend. His friends made a bee line to the whorehouses and left him all by himself in a bar. Next thing he knows, he woke up in a San Diego hospital. Apparently, the bar proprietors drugged him, robbed him blind, and dumped him on the border.

Especially, Northern Baja which includes Tijuana, Rosarito and Ensenada. The crime has been especially bad in these areas over the past 18 months and I wouldn't be to enthusiastic if I were a parent and my kids wanted to spring break in those areas.

Bad idea!

College students have been taught by left liberals, just think after visiting and enjoying the laws they might wake-up and see the U.S.A. is not so bad after all. I sure hope none of them get picked up for being illegal alien in Mexico. They might not have the freedoms they aford illegals here. Could be a lesson well learned with no college credit for life experience.

Spring Break Students Warned Of Violence South Of The Border

POSTED: 12:42 pm PST March 8, 2008
    UPDATED: 12:53 pm PST March 8, 2008

SAN DIEGO -- As an estimated 100,000 students plan to visit some part of Baja California for spring break, officials are warning people to avoid the area, 10News reported.

Friday a group of about 150 college students, some from San Diego State University, jumped on a party bus and headed to Tijuana, despite the warning.

Baja seems to have become the battleground for drug cartels and police officers with innocent victims caught in the middle.

Yet none of it phases some San Diegans.

They're heading back from their monthly trip to Tijuana.

"You can also get attacked in San Diego," said San Diego resident Dawn Tucker.

Meanwhile, Audra Bergman is packing her bags. "I am going to Mexico, going to Ensenada," said Bergman

Bergman and nine others are crossing the border for a weekend trip.

Bergman is, however, concerned. "My boyfriend, he's the most nervous about it," Bergman said.

That is why they're taking some added vigilance. "We're not going to bring our watches, little cash, just try to be careful," said Bergman.

Local officials said that is a good beginning, but are still warning San Diegans. Since Thanksgiving 18 Americans have been kidnapped near Tijuana and held for ransom.

"The brutality that's inflicted is unconscious able," said a border patrol agent.

Not reassuring news for college student Rrolette Doe-Williams and her friend, but this college student from Virginia isn't going home without saying she visited Mexico too.

"This morning, my mom called and said there's violence, but I'm sure I'll be OK," said Doe-Williams.

As students continue to visit, local officials still warn that it's imperative to be on alert.

http://www.10news.com/news/15540195/detail.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn