Quote Originally Posted by TakingBackSoCal
Quote Originally Posted by Judy
Quote Originally Posted by marquis
i don't think all drugs should be made legal ... weed OK .. but everything else , no way ... drugs can make people do really stupid things , and sometimes those things get innocent people killed ....

we shouldn't have to change our laws for the crimnals ..
They would still be regulated by quality and quantity. But I'm okay with starting out with just legalizing weed. That would cut into about 60% of the foreign drug cartel business, then they'd still continue to control the cocaine, meth, crack and heroin trades, the most dangerous ones, the ones who need most to be US controlled. But I'm good with a graduated legalization.

Here's a link for more information about ending the War on Drugs, Law Enforocement Against Prohibition (LEAP) about it:

www.leap.cc

And an excellent video that gives some illuminating facts about our War on Drugs,it's about 10 minutes long and worth every minute:

http://www.leap.cc/cms/index.php?name=Content&pid=28
Judy, I agree 100 percent on legalizing MMJ.

I also agree that it should not be imported EVER.
Correct. It should never be imported. What is used here will be grown here, processed here, regulated here, controlled here, distributed here, and sold here by licensed US Citizens Only, which shuts down the foreign drug trade into the US completely for any and every drug we legalize. Marijuana is the single largest drug on the list, so lets start there and work it forward. Just remember that for every drug we don't legalize and regulate, those drug cartels stay in business, the cross border activity continues, the crime and violence continues, and the illegal immigration to run and operate it continues into the United States. Take the heroin trade ... the heroin market today is run in large part by the Afghans operated by the Taliban, and the profits are financing the very enemy we've sent over 100,000 American Soldiers to fight and another 30,000 will be sent in July. We'll spent $30 billion in Afghanistan fighting the Taliban this year. Why? Because a black market heroin trade keeps the enemy financed.

The president acknowledged that his new approach in Afghanistan is likely to cost the U.S. $30 billion in the coming year, and he said he will work closely with Congress to address that cost, while trying to revive the recession-battered economy.
http://www1.voanews.com/english/news/Ob ... 73987.html

It seems to me the US should take charge of its own heroin market, produce it here, regulate it here, control it here and sell it here, keep our money here and out of Afghanistan, and shut down the Taliban by bankrupting it.