Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bersin confident cross-border trucking will be secure

Bersin confident cross-border trucking will be secure

By Robert J. Hawkins
    Wednesday, March 30, 2011 at 2:47 p.m.

SAN DIEGO — Customs and Border Protection Commissioner Alan Bersin expressed strong confidence Wednesday in Mexico’s ability to develop a secure-cargo shipping program, similar to the one operated by his own agency that enables billions of dollars in cargo to move efficiently through the country’s 326 designated seaports, airports and border entry points.

Bersin was in San Diego to mark the 10th anniversary of the Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism, most commonly known by its acronym C-TPAT. Also in town are 1,200 representatives of companies involved in global shipping for a C-TAPT seminar -- one of three cargo-security seminars that the federal agency is sponsoring this year in various parts of the country.

C-TPAT was started after the 9/11 terrorist attack in New York as a way to keep the global supply chain flowing and while securing the country from an outside attack. It is a complicated dance in which global shippers share cargo data and enact security strategies as they build a level of “trustâ€
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

[quote]“It’s a big breakthrough for NAFTA, for North American competitiveness, for support of the Mexican economy and the US economy,â€
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by uniteasone
    NAFTA has been a failure and I thought we beat off the trucking from Mexico once already. Or is it like the Dream Act,it keeps rearing its ugly head.
    RELATED

MARCH 3, 2011, 2:44 P.M. ET.U.S.,

U.S., Mexico Reach Deal to End Trucking Dispute

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-230200-mexican.html+trucks
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Can you just see OUR truckers' work being cut back or jobs eliminated?

Quote Originally Posted by sacredrage
    Can you just see OUR truckers' work being cut back or jobs eliminated? :evil:
    Bad things sometimes happen to Mexican trucks when they are parked in truck stops or highway rest areas, or traveling down dark lonely highways late at night.

Or so i've heard.
    NO AMNESTY

if he is confident that it will work, that makes me worry based on the comments he has made in the past

[quote]We have confidence that Mexico’s program will develop and grow,â€
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by sacredrage
    Can you just see OUR truckers' work being cut back or jobs eliminated?
    That's exactly what is going to happen. Furthermore, the Mexican drivers will be hauling for less financial compensation, which means eventually many of our long haul truckers will be receiving less pay.

Answer me this, how many of our truckers want to haul loads into Mexico? Also, once the ball gets rolling, who is going to continue paying them the same amount of money they're making now when businesses, companies, or whatnot can pay Mexican drivers less to haul loads to Mexico on their return trips? Eventually American truckers will be receiving less pay and benefits, there's no way around it since the competition for loads will be greater and the Mexican trucking companies will haul for less.