Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Biden plans to make 2008 presidential bid

http://www.newsobserver.com/politics...-8923193c.html

Biden plans to make 2008 presidential bid

By DAN BALZ, The Washington Post

WASHINGTON -- Sen. Joseph R. Biden Jr., D-Del., said Sunday he plans to seek the Democratic presidential nomination in 2008 unless he decides later this year that he has little chance of winning.
    "My intention is to seek the nomination," Biden said on CBS' "Face The Nation." "I know I'm supposed to be more coy with you. I know I'm supposed to tell you, you know, that I'm not sure. But if, in fact, I think that I have a clear shot at winning the nomination by this November or December, then I'm going to seek the nomination."

Biden said he plans to spend the year road-testing a message to see if his views are compatible with a majority of Democrats and evaluate whether he can raise the money needed to compete. The race is expected to include Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y., a prodigious fund-raiser.

Biden is the top-ranking Democrat on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. He has used that pulpit to launch increasingly caustic criticisms of President Bush's policy in Iraq. Sunday he again accused the administration of failing to level with Americans about the situation there, claiming the insurgency is far from in its last throes, as administration officials have suggested.

"I think the administration figures they've got to paint a rosy picture in order to keep the American people in the game, and the exact opposite is happening," Biden said.

Biden, who opposes setting a timetable for withdrawing U.S. forces from Iraq, said that without changes in U.S. policy, the United States faces failure in Iraq.

Biden believes that national security issues will be central to the outcome of the 2008 presidential election, as they were in 2004, and that his experience in that arena gives him a possible advantage over potential candidates.

The Delaware senator ran for president in 1988 but withdrew from the race amid accusations that he had plagiarized from speeches by a British Labour Party leader. He openly talked about his interest in running for president in 2004. He chose not to after determining that other candidates had too much of a head start in organization and fund raising.

Biden spokesman Norm Kurz said Biden has been road-testing his message and weighing potential support with weekend appearances around the country, particularly in states that Bush won in 2004.

Biden was not the only politician talking about presidential politics on the Sunday morning shows. Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., said he will not make a decision about running until after the 2006 midterm elections.

in his web site I see NOTHING under issues about immigrations.
    http://www.joebiden.com/aboutJoe.php
    http://biden.senate.gov/biography/

he was a lawyer that is a negitive. he never served in the military that I can see.

looks like he may be a middle of the road type representative.

from what I see I would not vote for him.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Wrong man, wrong place, wrong time.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

!

Agreed. I just made the post for informational purposes!

Great, another laywer president possibility.

Re: !

Quote Originally Posted by good12me
    Agreed. I just made the post for informational purposes!
    Good idea, we need to keep everyone posted on who is running and what they are like.