Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Big Crackdown on illegal immigrants in Britain

10,000 pounds fine for employing illegal immigrant in Britain
    NOTE: at today's exchange rate that would be $20,568.94

London (PTI): Britain will no longer be a welcome country for illegal immigrants. As per directives issued by the British government, businesses would have to cough up a fine of upto 10,000 pounds for every illegal immigrant they are caught employing, the 'Daily Mail' reported here on Friday.

Even families who have a nanny will potentially be liable for a fine as they're technically an employer. "All firms must carry out proper checks on new employees to ensure they are legally resident in the United Kingdom," British Immigration Minister Liam Byrne was quoted by the daily as saying.

But, in doing so, the firms must ensure they do not flout the Race Relations Act -- they must treat all applicants the same, which means British workers must be made to prove they are not an illegal immigrant by producing a passport, according to the directives.

"We recommend that employers obtain a statutory excuse for all potential employees. This not only protects the employer from liability for a civil penalty, but also demonstrates consistent, transparent and non-discriminatory recruitment practices," the papers said.

Moreover, employers will also risk punishment if they ask job applicants to speak fluent English. Under a section headed "indirect discrimination", the papers said, "It would be discriminatory to ask for a very high standard of English when the job does not require this, or to reject an applicant who has an unfamiliar accent."
    http://www.immigrationwatchdog.com/?p=5173
    http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus/00 ... 231617.htm
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Take note American Congress!How refreshing it is to see a group of lawmakers actually taking action to protect their citizens from invaders.The U.S. Congress needs to immediately set up a commission to study Britain's action to see how it's done.Congress does a great job setting up commissions for studying the problem,it does alousy job actually doing anything to solve it.

We already have laws on the books but they are not being enforced. Passing laws and actually enforcing them are two different things. I just hope for the sake of their own citizens they enforce the laws.

The surname Scorboria is an indicator of origin in which country?

Britain it is Cornish.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We already have laws on the books but they are not being enforced. Passing laws and actually enforcing them are two different things. I just hope for the sake of their own citizens they enforce the laws.

I'm with you on that. That is why I am so shy of all these laws that are being proposed - all the border security they are proposing and the fence, etc.

I am afraid SAVE is just another of those.

Why don't they demand enforcement of existing laws, then and only then, if we need to laws - pass one.

We don't need any new laws - just try the ones we have. They haven't been given a chance, yet.

So why pass more that won't be enforced?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)