Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bill calls for NAFTA pullout

THE NEW WORLD DISORDER
    Bill calls for NAFTA pullout
    2 House members introduce resolution
    Posted: March 31, 2007
    1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2007 WorldNetDaily.com

Rep. Virgil Goode, R-Va. (Photo: University of Virginia)
    WASHINGTON – Three Republican members of the House of Representatives have co-sponsored a resolution calling on President Bush to provide notice of withdrawal from the North American Free Trade Agreement.

Reps. Virgil Goode of Virginia, Walter Jones of North Carolina and Gene Taylor of Mississippi introduced the bill, which has been referred to the House Subcommittee of Trade.

The trio objects to NAFTA because of the rising U.S. trade deficits with Canada and Mexico, the loss of American jobs, the safety threat posed by foreign truckers on U.S. highways and the security risks it has meant in increased crime and drugs and the potential for terrorist activity.

(Story continues below)

According to the Department of Labor, 1.8 million U.S. workers have applied for trade adjustment assistance as a result of jobs lost through NAFTA's implementation.

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=54967
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The good news just keeps coming tonight!!

Am I dreaming?

I think all Americans, well the working people anyway, would all be on board with this. Not only would it bring back jobs to American workers, but it would put a serious dent in the NAU plans.
    A Nation with no borders is not a Nation"
    --Ronald Reagan

NAFTA is a Nightmare America! Long enough! Throw in the towel!

We are the loosers in the whole afair.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Is anyone else starting to feel like maybe the tide is turning?
    It is just something in the air.....

Maybe the Bush administration and his equals on the other side have overplayed their hands.

Quote Originally Posted by ProudAmericanFamily
    Is anyone else starting to feel like maybe the tide is turning?
    It is just something in the air.....

Maybe the Bush administration and his equals on the other side have overplayed their hands.
    Yeah, that and no more one party rule in Washington to give king george a blank check to do anything.
    A Nation with no borders is not a Nation"
    --Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by UnemployedAmerican
    The good news just keeps coming tonight!!

Am I dreaming?

I think all Americans, well the working people anyway, would all be on board with this. Not only would it bring back jobs to American workers, but it would put a serious dent in the NAU plans.
    I think this giant is going to take attacks from many fronts to bring it down; not only in the USA. But this is a start. It's a good sign that some people in the federal government are starting to take some action on this!

Banned
    Not only has NAFTA resulted in the loss of American jobs, it has further impoverished those in Mexico, which is just immoral. No one benefits from free trade other than the corporate owners and higer-ups.......and any politicians who are the puppets being paid off to push such horrendous legislation through. Is this what GW Bush meant by "compassionate conservatism?"

Did anyone hear the Diane Rehm show on NPR on Thurs? They were talking about free trade and globalism. Many people were calling in mad as hell. One of the guests who was talking about the ill effects of globalism made a very significant statement. He said there is nothing moral about globalism - it is driven purely by greed. We already knew this, but it was interesting to hear someone who has studied this make this statement.

If you're interested in hearing this discussion, it's here-

http://www.wamu.org/programs/dr/07/03/29.php#12742

I don't think this would pass easily at all. I'd like it to, but NAFTA benefits the big corporations, and you know the big corporations have our elected officials in their pockets.

It would mean a good deal of courage on our elected officials part to actually do something FOR the American people, rather than furthering the agendas of the big corporations, who funded their election campaigns, their luxurious lifestyles, and their expensive, exotic vacations.

I hate to say that I have little faith in our elected officials to "do the right thing," which is exactly what they would have to do to have this bill pass.

Please, oh, please let a miracle happen!! Let's get our country back!!!

TexasGal

Reps. Virgil Goode of Virginia, Walter Jones of North Carolina and Gene Taylor of Mississippi introduced the bill, which has been referred to the House Subcommittee of Trade.
    3 GOOD MEN!
    I also liked the way Rep Goode spoke out against using the koran instead of the Bible for Rep Ellison, a muslim convert.

Great news! Keep the good news coming!!!