Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Black Voices Muted in Immigration Debate

"Nationally, blacks who are likely to vote support enforcement of current laws, including Arizona’s controversial SB 1070, which opponents maintain encourage racial profiling."

Black voices muted in immigration debate

Polls suggest deep convictions, but they’re low-profile

Published Thursday, August 5, 2010 8:32 am
    by Ryanne Persinger>

Enrique Nassar was 28 years old when he left Honduras for a chance at the American dream.

Visa in hand, he moved to New York City before settling in Charlotte in 1992.

“I opened my own business here in 1998,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The lack of black participation bewilders some Hispanic leaders, who say immigration stands on the shoulders of the civil rights movement.
    That is for damned straight it stands on our shoulders and pisses on us while we are flat on our backs.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The lack of black participation bewilders some Hispanic leaders, who say immigration stands on the shoulders of the civil rights movement.
    My ancestors were citizens who were fighting for rights that they as citizens were entitled to but were not recieving. These illegals have no respect for the contributions of Black Americans. They believe they are better than us. Its an insult to compare the immigration debate to the cicil rights movement.
    We recognize that if you really want to create a job tomorrow, you can remove an illegal alien today

Black Americans didn't break any laws but were denied their rights, illegal aliens break a half dozen laws and think that entitles them to more rights than everyone else!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)