Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bloomberg: Illegal immigrants help golfers

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/view.php?S ... 2918-8542r

NEW YORK, April 1 (UPI) -- New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg says golf fairways would suffer if illegal immigrants were returned to their native country.

"You and I are beneficiaries of these jobs," Bloomberg told his WABC-AM radio co-host, John Gambling. "You and I both play golf; who takes care of the greens and the fairways in your golf course?"

However, Robert Heaney, general manager of Deepdale Golf Club -- a Long Island course where Bloomberg often plays -- told The New York Daily News that no illegal immigrants work at the club.

"Deepdale Golf Club has always been in 100 percent compliance with all immigration laws, and it is absolutely our policy to remain in compliance with all immigration laws," Heaney said.

The mayor also said 25 percent of undocumented immigrants are farm workers and many are home healthcare workers.

"Nobody wants to deport them, in the end, because people need them to take these jobs and do the things that nobody else is doing," Bloomberg said.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

thats it michael taut how golf courses would have to pay more for someone to keep the fields clean and green. Anyone here remember Caddy Shack? Im sure Bill Murray wan't portraying an illegal immigrant.

Nice to know where the priorities are for the politically elite -- keeping their golf course fees cheap by passing the cost on to the regular folks.

Some emperors fiddle, some play golf.

"by passing the cost on to the regular folks."
    Sounds like an old Ronnie trick to me!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I guess Bloomberg and Lindsey Graham must belong to the same golf club.
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!