Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bob Barr campaign letter touts support for border security

Bob Barr campaign letter touts support for border security
    June 25th, 2008 · 2 Comments

Libertarian Party presidential nominee Bob Barr recently circulated a campaign letter contrasting his views on immigration and border security with those of the leading presidential candidates, Barack Obama and John McCain.

“We’re facing a ‘new’ crisis,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

There are several threads that outline why I don't trust Barr on amnesty and thus why he won't be getting my vote.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

He is another wanna be bushie, just like obamamam and mcshmeonyou,
    I wouldnt trust him either, he is just as big on amesty as these other nuckleheads.
    Proud to be an AMERICAN

Populist & Koobster--
    Could you please provide more info. I am trying to learn more about Baldwin and Barr. I watched Barr on Glenn Beck and although I did not agree 100% with all he said, I had very little disagreement with him. He is vastly superior to McCain, but then again so are about 200 million Americans. I also have started reading about Chuck Baldwin--I haven't read a lot yet, but I like what I see..

PS Koobster--I went back and checked Barr's record on illegal immigration as a Congressman and it was pretty good. I wish it was even better, but he ranked high in opposition to it.

misterbill,

Here is one of the threads. Also, he has posted on his website an article wherein he criticized those who opposed the hideous Bush/Kennedy/McCain/Kyl amnesty bill that we defeated a year ago:

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-111044.html

Populist---

Thanks for the response. I need to say this up front--I AM NOT__AT THIS TIME__A BOB BARR SUPPORTER. I inserted that because what I say next will be more in Barr's defense than against him.
    That said- he came out on Glenn Beck, strongly for border security, enforcement of E-verify and penalties for businesses that violate the law, including loss of license.
    Another blog site cited that Barr is opposed to the fence.--perhaps it is me as an old man--but I heard what he said about it. He stated that a fence would make America look bad and at the same time would not be as effective as enforcing laws against employers. My first reaction was that was too soft. My second reaction was---it does make some sense. We should try to prevent the image of the "Iron Curtain" from the rest of the world--up to a point--then the rest can take a hike. He feels that the "Attrition through Enforcement" policy will have vastly greater effect. I do too--it makes sense--no jobs--no illegals--they will go back of their own volition.

So, I am still in the dark. I really don't want to be perceived as a Bob Barr supporter---yet. I definitely would pick Barr or Baldwin over Obama or McCain....and so far I have not personally seen any of the things listed in the other thread. I did go to Numbersusa and checked out Barr's immigration report card---pretty good. Chuck Baldwin leaves no question he will enforce our immigration laws.
    I feel we all need to hear more from both B's (Bob and Chuck), listen with an open mind--do not prejudge and see what happens.

Sorry for making this longer, but I just had a thought as I was signing off. I read/blog on 3 sites and read 4 others. I also have read Goebbels' approach to propaganda. There are one or two people on every site I visit who come out with subtle charges against various candidates that are not supportable, A little research shows some urban legends being circulated. This goes for all candidates, even the ones I do not like. Call me a paranoid personality, but I think a lot of it is planned sabotage. We each must follow up on what we read, not just accept what another blogger posts. "How long since you stopped beating your wife"??", type statements.

PS I hope no one thinks badly of me for this, but the changes in our country will be disastrous if we do not get the illegals--(my estimate--35-40 million) to leave and soon. Call me bigot, call me racist, call me xenophobe, just remember to also call me an American patriot.