Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Boise Republicans apologize to local restaurant over flier

Boise State Republicans apologize to local restaurant over flier

06:58 PM MDT on Tuesday, March 20, 2007

BOISE -- Boise State University is reevaluating its sign approval process after a controversial one was approved and displayed across campus.

BSU Republicans posted a flier to advertise a speech this Thursday about illegal immigration.

It reads - "win dinner for two at a local restaurant, climb through a fence and enter your false ID documents into the food stamp drawing."

The original flier mentioned local restaurant chain, Chapala's.

The restaurant owners say they were not involved with the giveaway and have since received a letter of apology from BSU Republicans.

BSU spokesman Frank Zang says the group went through the proper procedure and now the school wants to reexamine the approval process to make sure this does not happen again.

http://www.ktvb.com/news/localnews/stor ... d490c.html

This is a follow up to related article
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=57709

Yeah, it may not be something to poke fun at but it IS SOMETHING TO GET MAD AT. Illegals are stealing from our country.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Seems the kids are ok now, I think our e-mails helped earlier the flier was offending to alot of people(MECHA) now it seems they just needed to apologizeto the restraunt owner as he did not no his name would be on the flier.

I also e-mailed Mr.Zang and told him that freedom of speech seems to be becoming one sided in this country and maybe instead of stopping the young republicans, maybe he should teach the other students some tolerance.The flier was in no way racist only truthful.

http://www.ktvb.com/news/localnews/stor ... d490c.html
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Here's the letter I sent to Mr.Zang

Dear Mr. Zang,
    I'm not sure that I understand the problem here. OK, we know they are with in their right of freedom of speech."American Illegal Alien Invasion" Title of flyer which is happening, I'm sure 20 million uninvited people would be considered an invasion, truthful so that must not be the problem. As it does not list any one race of people only the ones entering our country illegally its not about race but illegal activity, right.

Just who is being discriminated against, harassed, threatened or Intimidated? I'm not sure I see the connection, People who break our laws to come into our country, or the ones who do not allow other people to have a point of view other than their own. This seems to be happening a lot in this country.

May be you should be teaching those kids to be more tolerant of other peoples views, If they do not like it don't get involved with it, ignore it, go about your business, but don't take away the right of the ones expressing their opinion!!!

Tolerance is the key and that goes for everyone, Seems to me it is time for people from other country's to learn what we did in our generation, everyone is entitled to their point of view.

United States Laws apply to everyone, don't send the message to these young adults that they should turn their back on people who think are laws do not apply to them.

If someone robs a bank, then says, well I did it because I didn't have a job and couldn't feed my kids, are we going to forgive him!! Better think good on that one because it may be happening very soon and more often than we would like, If they keep giving our jobs to people from nations all over the world.

Concerned Grandmother

Coeur D' Alene, Idaho
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Yeah, I (I am a BSU CRs member) think that was the one thing we did wrong was put the name of the restaurant that the gift certificate will be from. It was really stupid that people were mistaking that for sponsorship but I'm glad everything is ironed out with them. I'm glad we are offending mecha though lol. Someone has to be a thorn in their ass! Thanks again for the help you guys! I can't wait to see the paper tomorrow!

I also think that part of the problem is political correctness hasn't been challenged on this campus in such a long time that people are freaking out over nothing.

I also think that part of the problem is political correctness hasn't been challenged on this campus in such a long time that people are freaking out over nothing.
    A long time. Good for you. Keep shaking them up!
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

MESSAGE FROM BOISE STATE UNIVERSITY PRESIDENT BOB KUSTRA
    ************************************************** **********************************************

Since becoming Boise State President in 2003, I have taken pride in our
    students' ability to discuss, debate and sometimes disagree, while maintaining a
    civil, respectful and tolerant attitude toward each other and those with whom
    they differ.

Unfortunately, a handful of students have engaged in offensive and insulting
    behavior, most recently with nasty and hurtful fliers announcing a political
    speech they are sponsoring on campus. I was shocked when I first heard what was
    on the flyer and assumed they would take immediate steps to rectify the
    situation. That they have refused to do so, other than to apologize to a
    restaurant because they like to eat there, is unconscionable.

I can assure the campus community that steps have been taken to ensure
    accountability in the approval process for any future event advertisements. I
    will also respond positively to a suggestion that we host a forum to discuss
    fairly the complex issues surrounding immigration.

I call on the students who prepared these fliers to remove them from campus in
    the name of decency and for the good of the University. I apologize most
    sincerely to those rightly hurt and offended by this controversy.

__________________________________________________ _______

HERE IS HIS INFO.

Dr. Bob Kustra
    President

1910 University Drive
    Business Building
    Room 307
    Boise, Idaho 83725-1000

Telephone:
    (20 426-1491

Fax:
    20 426-3779