Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Border agent's wife at State of the Union

Border agent's wife at State of the Union
    Congressman invites Monica Ramos to underscore Bush 'failure'

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/artic ... E_ID=53899

Posted: January 23, 2007
    10:36 a.m. Eastern

By Jerome R. Corsi
    © 2007 WorldNetDaily.com

Monica Ramos embraces her husband, former U.S. Border Patrol agent Ignacio Ramos, two days before he was sentenced to 11 years in prison (Courtesy El Paso Times)
    Monica Ramos, the wife of imprisoned former Border Patrol agent Ignacio Ramos, will attend the State of the Union tonight as a guest of Rep. Dana Rohrabacher, R-Calif., who has sharply criticized the president's handling of the case.

Rohrabacher's spokeswoman, Tara Setmayer, told WND the presence of Monica Ramos will send a message.

"The congressman felt it was important for Mrs. Ramos to have the opportunity while in the nation's capital to be a part of the State of the Union, because what her family is going through speaks volumes about the failure of the Bush administration to secure our borders."

Ignacio Ramos and Jose Alonso Compean began prison sentences last week, of 11 and 12 years respectively, for their actions in the shooting and wounding of a Mexican drug smuggler who was granted full immunity to testify against them.

Setmayer said the "lives of two brave men, her husband Ignacio Ramos and Border Patrol agent Jose Compean, have been destroyed by an inexplicable policy of open borders and amnesty this administration has toward our southern border."

"If the Bush administration cared about securing our borders," Setmayer said, "these two law enforcement officers would not be behind bars, and U.S. prosecuting attorneys wouldn't be prosecuting Border Patrol agents while drug smugglers go free."

The spokeswoman called the prosecution of Ramos and Compean by U.S. Attorney Johnny Sutton "overzealous," insisting that, at most, their penalty for not filing paperwork should have been a reprimand." Sutton defended his prosecution in an interview with WND.

Last week, Rohrabacher told WND he considered the president's handling of the case "disgraceful."

"This is the worst betrayal of American defenders I have ever seen," Rohrabacher told WND, referring to the president. "It's shameful this was done by someone who is in the Republican Party. He obviously thinks more about his agreements with Mexico than the lives of American people and backing up his defenders."

Monica Ramos told WND she is in Washington, D.C., to attend a meeting this afternoon with concerned congressmen.

At least 70 members of the House have signed on to a resolution ordering a congressional pardon that would toss out the convictions and immediately free the former agents.

Monica Ramos described her first meeting with her husband in prison as "heart breaking."

Ramos confirmed the account provided WND by her father, Joe Ramos. She acknowledged her husband is being held in solitary confinement in a 6-by-12 foot cell, without windows. Ignacio Ramos is not being allowed any exercise time, and he is shackled every time he leaves his cell.

"This may be for his protection from other inmates," Monica Ramos acknowledged to WND, "but this is abusive. They are treating my husband like the worst hardened criminal imaginable."

She said one of her three young children is so disturbed by the imprisonment that the family has decided to seek counseling for the child.

"My children are planning to visit their father for the first time this Friday," she said, expressing concern. "This will be the first time they see their dad shackled in chains, when they are used to seeing me send him off in his badge and uniform."

The couple's youngest child is 7 years old, the others are aged 9 and 13.

"My youngest child wanted to know if we could order pizza for dad in prison," Monic Ramos said. "No, I told him. Let's wait and have pizza night when daddy gets home."

As WND reported, President Bush does not plan to comment tonight in the State of the Union speech about the convictions of Ramos and Compean.

The White House declined to comment to WND on this story.

She should wear a flourescent orange jumpsuit with "FEDERAL PRISONER" emblazoned across the front and back to the State Of The Union address. THAT would draw attention from MSM!

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    This makes me sick to think of how horrible this must be for her and their children right now.

I keep hoping and praying that there will be true justice in this.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    Me too, you know the whole family is going through H____ and feels very betrayed.

I hope she gets a front roll seat, Bush should have to look at her all through his speech!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

I think she should have a picture of her husband in his BP uniform, and then a sign that said "My husband was sent to prison for doing his job".

Really big letters!! Front row seat, as well as pictures of their children.

Trying to make Bush feel guilty? Can the man feel shame and guilt at this point in his career? Not so sure now, I used to think he had compassion, but I am just not so sure.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by nittygritty
    I hope she gets a front roll seat, Bush should have to look at her all through his speech!
    I agree, but she won't be in the front unfortunately. Think the media will show her? We'll see but doubt it. I plan to watch the speech even though it will be hard to look at the man. I want to watch the others tho.
    Burns me up to think of what those agents and their families have gone through while a drug smuggler is one happy dude somewhere out there.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I did not see her, but then again did not know who to look for. I listened fairly carefully, but did not hear the president clearly address this particular situation at all, or did I miss it?

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanElizabeth
    I did not see her, but then again did not know who to look for. I listened fairly carefully, but did not hear the president clearly address this particular situation at all, or did I miss it?
    No, he didn't mention it. Not that we expected he would. If he had his popularity would rise but he's too stupid to realize that or doesn't care.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast