Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Gogo wrote:
    That's right when the bidding goes out the contracts are set.
    Not necessarily, as having worked for a few architectural firms, things as simple as door hardware in the spec may be something the manufacturer has discontinued. In Fla., there were plenty of upgrades to building codes as far as windows being able to withstand higher wind velocity.
    The US government, especially the Pentagon, handling any contract with any responsibility toward the taxpayers is a joke. After all look what happened with the 2 bids for the tankers just recently.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    Gogo wrote:
    That's right when the bidding goes out the contracts are set.
    Not necessarily, as having worked for a few architectural firms, things as simple as door hardware in the spec may be something the manufacturer has discontinued. In Fla., there were plenty of upgrades to building codes as far as windows being able to withstand higher wind velocity.
    The US government, especially the Pentagon, handling any contract with any responsibility toward the taxpayers is a joke. After all look what happened with the 2 bids for the tankers just recently.
    Did see those. I worked in the Purchasing Dept for a LARGE municipality and there were always phrases in the bids that went out over my desk that had a percentage of overage for something like door handles no longer available. BUT we expected the bidder to be more on top of their business. Not to say it couldn't happen to them.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Why didn't our government negotiate for deadline and budget penalties. It's common in construction to lobby for penalties if projects aren't done on time. How could they miss that???

I agree, it's plain ol' foot dragging. I guarantee it won't be finished until another bundled amnesty is submitted. Because without that bargaining chip, they haven't any way to pass it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12