Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Border patrol: Aliens, drugs, weapons in Boyd's truck

Border patrol: Aliens, drugs, weapons in Boyd's truck

John Boyd, son of U.S. Rep. Allen Boyd, has been ordered into a drug treatment program

September 17, 2008 - 8:25PM
    S. Brady Calhoun
    Florida Freedom Newspapers

John Boyd, the son of U.S. Rep. Allen Boyd, was ordered released from jail and into a residential drug treatment program Wednesday, federal officials said.

Lawmen have accused John Boyd of trying to bring three aliens, including a 6-year-old girl, across the border at Wilcox, Ariz., in a truck on Sunday. He was to be paid $3,000 per person but was thwarted by a police K-9 unit, according to a federal criminal complaint.

The girl, who was not wearing her seat belt, was being taken to her parents, who already had entered the country, investigators wrote. The two others were hiding under plywood in the bed of the truck, according to the complaint.

Border agents also found several rocks of crystal methamphetamine, four unopened syringes, a spoon with white residue and burn marks on the bottom, three knives and a Beretta 22LR in John Boyd's truck, according to the complaint.

His next hearing is scheduled for 10:15 a.m. today, at which time he is scheduled to be released into a drug treatment program. He has not entered a plea in the case, federal officials said. A status hearing is scheduled for 10 a.m. Oct. 2, federal officials said.

In a statement, Allen Boyd, D-Monticello, described the situation as "a family matter that my family and I will be dealing with privately."

He added, "John is a grown man and must face the consequences for his actions, but he has the love and support of his family."

Boyd's 2nd District House seat covers much of Northwest Florida, including Walton County and a portion of Okaloosa County.

Republican Mark Mulligan, who challenging Boyd in the Nov. 4 election, had little to say on the issue.

"It's strictly a family matter," he said. "I'm campaigning every day and I'm going to stick to my message."
    http://www.nwfdailynews.com/news/boyd_1 ... truck.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Gee no special treatment, out of the slammer and into drug treatment.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by jimpasz
    Gee no special treatment, out of the slammer and into drug treatment.
    Isn't that how all the Hollywood marxists and leftists stay out of jail...they're always in and out of the Betty Ford rehab clinic.

Lawmaker’s Son Smuggles Illegal Immigrants, Drugs
    Wed, 09/17/2008 - 15:45 — Judicial Watch Blog

The son of a prominent Florida politician seeking a seventh term in the U.S. House this fall has been caught smuggling illegal immigrants and drugs into the United States through Arizona.

Democrat Allen Boyd, who represents the northwest Florida region known as the Panhandle in Congress, would like the media to vanish regarding this shameful incident and has issued a statement reminding the press that “this is a family matter that my family and I will be dealing with privately.â€