Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Border Patrol alleged non-enforcement in Cochise County, AZ

1. Please connect to the link, http://www.bensonnews-sun.com/articles/ ... news03.txt and read the article, published 8-25-2010, on the Border Patrol's (BP) lack of border enforcement in Cochise County, AZ.

2. This article reports that it has come to the attention of long-term Cochise County Sheriff Larry Dever, that Border Patrol agents are being directed by some of their supervisors to avoid certain areas along the Southern Arizona border to avoid conflict. It is Dever's understanding that BP management is concerned about BP agents getting into a fight with illegal immigrants and smugglers and it fears that such a confrontation could spark an "international incident".

3. This article reports that the BP has denied in a written statement Dever's allegations. In view of Sheriff Dever's exemplary law enforcement career, I believe it is likely that Sheriff Dever's allegations are correct and the U. S. Customs and Border Patrol are engaging in disinformation and a cover-up to avoid criticism for their "treasonous" actions.

4. I urge ALIPAC members to contact their Congressional representatives and ask them to urge the appropriate Congressional committees to hold public hearings on these allegations. It is my view that capture and detention of all illegal aliens should always begin at the border and that Operation Streamline should be activated in all sectors of the U. S. - Mexico border.

HERE is the story

Dever questions BP line patrol strategy
    Published: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 8:09 PM CDT
    Thelma Grimes/San Pedro Valley News-Sun

Cochise County Sheriff Larry Dever directed his attention to the Border Patrol last week.

During an interview with KFI AM 640 on Aug. 18, Dever said it has come to his attention that Border Patrol agents are avoiding certain areas along the Southern Arizona border to avoid conflict.

"Agents have told me - this isn't second hand - that there are places where they don't work right along the border because it's too dangerous," Dever said. "There is concern at the management level, at a certain level, that it's too dangerous right there on the fence."

Dever said it is his understanding that management is concerned about Border Patrol agents getting into a fight with illegal immigrants and smugglers and fear such a confrontation could spark an "international incident."

Dever stressed that not all management is taking this approach, but some are.

If this is the case, Border Patrol agents are basically being told, "not to do their jobs," Dever said.

"I've been hearing this anecdotally for some time, but now I have Border Patrol agents and their families telling me that this is the case," he added.

In a written statement to Capitol Media Services, last week, the U.S. Border Patrol denied Dever's allegations.

Dever stressed that not all border agents are avoiding dangerous areas, noting many put their lives on the line every day to do the job.

Border Patrol is important because law enforcement calls them for cases involving illegal immigrants, and for years, local agencies such as the Sheriff's Department must fill in the gap left by the federal government.

Dever brought up federal grant monies approved for the sheriff's department to pay deputies overtime in assisting enforce border policy. The federally funded program is known as Operation Stoneguard.

Dever also brought up the debate over SB 1070 during the radio address.

The U.S. Department of Justice has filed a lawsuit against the state of Arizona to strike down the new law aimed at enforcing immigration laws, claiming SB 1070 should not be valid because it is the federal government's responsibility.

"In our case, the federal government is giving us grant money to help enforce immigration laws through Stoneguard, but at the same time, they are suing the state, telling us not to," Dever said.

Dever continues to fight for increased border security on the national stage, appearing with Geraldo Rivera and on the Laura Ingram radio show.

In a recent interview with the San Pedro Valley News-Sun, Dever said the sheriff's department really started seeing an increase in calls relating to illegal immigrants around 1998.

"It was at that time that we just started getting hammered," he said. "While border security is stressed to be a federal responsibility, their failure to act puts the responsibility on us."

As the border takes center stage, Dever said every call, every officer called out to deal with illegal immigration takes away time and resources from domestic violence, drugs and even traffic issues facing Cochise County.

"If the federal government would actually come in and take responsibility, then we could tackle some of these other issues," he said.

Dever said calls reporting dead bodies in the desert, drugs, home invasions and break ins related to illegal immigration will continue to increase and bog down law enforcement until something is done to secure the border.

Amazing.

If this is true, where does it end? What is wrong with this government? How dare they tell the Border Patrol that they are not to engage illegal aliens and drug cartels, and terrorists, for fear of conflict and international problems. They put the signs up warning Americans not to travel in certain areas, and now they are telling the Border agents to step down from patrol and protection.

When will we give Mexico more of our nation? And why are we?

Can someone contact Sheriff Dever?

Contact media and talk radio to get attention to this matter. Contact lawmakers to ask for investigation.

Jeremiah 29:11, it is written, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future"
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thank you jamesw62 for the podcast. Listening now.

Welcome to Alipac, sdkersh.

Jeremiah 29:11
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

im trying to find the one on john and ken. i didnt find anything for the 18th unless i just missed it

If Im not mistaken. there have also been reports posted online about this very thing

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn