Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Border patrol aprehends illegals at Trolley in San Diego.

This e-mail comes from a pro-illegal activist in the San Diego area, David Schmidt.

From: "David Schmidt" <davidschmidt2003@hotmail.com>Add sender to Contacts

Subject: Rally tomorrow against Deportation of high school students in San Diego!
    Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 17:42:51 -0700

dear compañera/os,

yesterday morning, as one of my 16 year old female students waited at the Old Town trolley station to go to school, she was approached by border patrol agents and asked for "papers" - she showed them her school ID and explained that she was on her way to school, but she was continually harassed and asked questions about her "status" here in the U.S. . . . having called her parents during the exchange with officers, her uncle (U.S. citizen) immediately went to the trolley station and explained to officers that his niece was only 16, on her way to school, and he would take her from there, HOWEVER, because she was "unable to provide proper documentation", she was detained by the border patrol officers (with several other people, including other minors) and taken to the Otay holding station . .

as soon as myself and her parents got wind of what had happened we contacted local advocacy groups who then contacted the Mexican consulate, and we were hopeful that the consulate and their lawyers could get custody of the student because of her age, and for the way she was unlawfully questioned for identification at a public transit station . . .

additionally, several community members (teachers, principals, community activists, etc.) immediately wrote numerous letters attesting to this student's character, her academic excellence, and how she is revered both at her school and in her community.

despite all of this, the student was deported to Tijuana within 6 hours of detainment - a place where she knows no one, had no money and no resources . . .

i don't think enough people are aware that this is happening. and i also don't believe that anyone who now knows that this kind of indiscriminate "rounding up" of our children is happening, can stand by and do nothing. i will not stand by and allow my students' basic human rights to be violated - our children especially should not be subjected to the fascist operations/interrogations of local "law enforcement" and i ask that you join me tomorrow, along with the American Friends Service Committee, to protest these actions. . . .

i have included the flyer/information about the events that will happen tomorrow:

1) a press conference at 11 am to denounce the racial profiling, raids and subsequent deportation of students

2) a rally/demonstration at 5 pm to protest the interrogation and deportation of our students - rally to take place at the trolley administration building at 12th and Imperial

i thank you in advance for your support and participation - please disseminate this information widely,

in solidarity,

dawn

I guess they don't realize that public transportation is subsidized by the taxpayers and is often owned by the city/county.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Interesting. We are 'a nation of laws' right? If you are here illegally, even as a student, you're subject to deportation...period!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

And David Schmidt is also a tax taker, a teacher who reports to the taxpayers? Precisely why we're so screwed up. What a role model he is. Follow and OBEY the laws!

"And David Schmidt is also a tax taker, a teacher who reports to the taxpayers?"

The person who wrote that article is a teacher???? Another reason for the dumbing down of education!!!!

I personally don't care if she's "revered" in her school and community. She's a law breaker, non-citizen and should be removed.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieMay
    I personally don't care if she's "revered" in her school and community. She's a law breaker, non-citizen and should be removed.
    Well since it seems CA is now going to cut school funding in large part because of freeloaders like this, she might not be so revered any longer.

MW
    What's the problem with deporting 16 year olds? Heck, we have many 14-16 year old that are coming here illegally on their own (without a guardian). Furthermore, these teenagers were not apprehended on school grounds or immediately after leaving school. Personally, I don't get it - their apprehension and deportation shouldn't be an issue.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar

Immigrant Rights Activists: Trolley Sweep 'Crossed Line'

Immigrant Rights Activists: Trolley Sweep 'Crossed Line'

POSTED: 4:25 pm PDT May 22, 2009
    UPDATED: 6:07 pm PDT May 22, 2009

SAN DIEGO -- An immigration sweep that resulted in the arrests of dozens of illegal immigrants took place in the most unexpected of places, and immigration rights activists are unhappy with the operation, 10News reported.

The sweep, which happened Wednesday at the Old Town transit center, involved agents from the Transportation Security Administration and the Border Patrol.

The agents got on board a trolley and arrested 21 illegal immigrants, including three teenagers on their way to school. Those teens have since been deported.

Pedro Rios of the American Friends Service Committee said, "Some of them don't have any relatives in Mexico; they don't have anywhere to go."

On Friday, immigrant rights activists denounced the sweep and said the agents crossed the line and accused them of profiling.

"What gives them the authority to question only Latinos or people that looked a certain way?" said Rios.

The activists also questioned the Obama administration, wondering if this was the change in immigrant rights they thought was coming.

"This is a policy that violates human rights," said Rios.

A Border Patrol spokesman denied the use of racial profiling. He said behavior detection officers helped identify suspected illegal immigrants on board the trolley.

The spokesman said of the 21 detained, one person had a warrant out for his arrest and another had a felony conviction on his record.

Rios said he isn't buying that explanation.

"That's wrong, and it cannot be tolerated," said Rios.

Rios would not comment on the teens' legal status to be in the U.S. or the status of their families. He said a raid on public transportation would discourage other teenagers from going to school or adults from going to work.

There is no word on what happened to the other 18 people arrested in the sweep.

The three teenagers are currently in a shelter in Mexico, 10News learned.

While some questioned the legality of conducting a sweep on a trolley, a TSA representative said they have conducted more than 1,000 similar sweeps on a variety of modes of transportation, and federal law said it is legal.

http://www.10news.com/news/19543234/detail.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Rios would not comment on the teens' legal status to be in the U.S. or the status of their families. He said a raid on public transportation would discourage other teenagers from going to school or adults from going to work
    I like it! That means fewer illegal teenagers that we pay to educate and more jobs available for Americans.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast