Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Border Patrol Can't Stop Illegals Flooding the border-AMNEST

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/12065692/

SCARBOROUGH: ... increase in illegal immigrants coming across the border now?

CARTER: That‘s exactly what‘s happening Joe. I‘ve been calling border patrol agents all week. And they‘ve noticed an increase in illegal immigrants coming across the border and migrants. And they just can‘t stop it. It‘s actually been building up over the past month. Because many Mexicans believe that amnesty had already been passed. But now that they know it‘s going to pass, they say they can‘t control it. You know, a lot of people aren‘t just angry about the guest worker program. What law enforcement officials are angry about, and residents along the southwest border, is that the Senate has completely forgotten about national security issues and the border. I mean, the issue boils down...

SCARBOROUGH: Well, well, and Sara, you know, again, you‘ve always connected the dots here with your investigations. And again, you see these pictures of these people out in the streets. Let‘s show the protesters again. And I just—you know, it‘s stunning to me that people are going out in the streets protesting like this in support of an illegal activity, but you actually have got national security documents from our Homeland Security Department talking about the national security threats that this type of illegal immigration presents. Talk about that.

CARTER: Well, absolutely. What we have is not an issue of just Mexican migrant workers. I mean, obviously, that‘s an issue that‘s in debate right now across the nation. But we have an issue where other than Mexicans is what they call them, OTMs, migrants from all around the world are using the border as a way to get into our nation. These are people from Pakistan, from Iraq, from Afghanistan, from China, from Korea. And, you know, what it is, is we‘re looking at an open border with a serious national security risk.

SCARBOROUGH: You know...

CARTER: And if we‘re not only looking—go ahead.

SCARBOROUGH: No, I‘m sorry. I want to go to John for a second. Because again, you look at some of these pictures, you look at the flags that they‘re waving, John. A lot of these people, I guess most of these people, are saying they want to become American citizens.

But I don‘t see a lot of American flags out there. I see a lot of anger, a lot of resentment, a lot of anti-American feelings. What‘s going on in these protests?

JOHN TRASVINA, MEXICAN-AMERICAN LEGAL DEFENSE FUND: You know, if you are out there seeing the protests as I was on Saturday, at the heart and soul of these marches is organized efforts to become Americans. People want to work here and be here, but be here legally. And that‘s what the Senate Judiciary Committee did yesterday. Bipartisanship has broken out in Washington, D.C. That‘s the big story here. People have come together. The experts in the U.S. Senate, the Senate Immigration Subcommittee, the Judiciary Committee have worked out a compromise. Not everything in there are things that (inaudible) likes. But there‘s a good proposal to deal with both the enforcement as well as the legalization aspects and the United States labor needs going forward with a guest worker program.

SCARBOROUGH: Pat Buchanan, this President lost his base with the port deal. It looks like he‘s going to lose his base with this illegal immigrant amnesty plan? There‘s a lot of—his Republic friends think this is. What‘s going on at the White House? And more importantly, what‘s going to be the long-term impact for this country. Let‘s say 10, 11, 12 million illegal immigrants are granted amnesty in the coming years. How many family members come because of that?

PAT BUCHANAN, MSNBC POLITICAL ANALYST: Well, two or three per illegal alien. So you‘re going to have 20 or 30 million more people here, and basically be given blanket amnesty...

(CROSSTALK)

SCARBOROUGH: Wait, now, explain to me Pat. I want to know. Why does the President of the United States support that?

BUCHANAN: I think—I don‘t know why President Bush does. I believe it‘s very ideological with him. I think he‘s bought into the whole globalization thing.

But Joe, ask yourself. You know those border patrol guys. They‘ve had rocks thrown at them. Some have been killed. They put their lives on the line. They sweat it out in these gullies and canyons. And they wake up one morning and they find the President of the United States, who‘s supposed to enforce the law and defend us against invasion, has announced a blanket amnesty for everybody that got by them. Everybody that got by them is in safe, in secure, on his way to citizenship with a blanket amnesty. They‘ve been stupid fools to risk their lives.

What do you think is going to happen to morale in the border patrol?

As your other guest, Ms. Carter, said, OTMs are other than Mexicans. They‘re coming, Joe, from all over the world. Their numbers have tripled on the southern border in three years. They know it‘s wide open -- 2,000 miles. Joe, this in my judgment, the border will never be controlled if it‘s not controlled now. And to me, quite frankly, that is the end of the United States as a country, as a nation, and as a people.

TRASVINA: We‘ve heard these scare tactics for generations, Pat. But they were against your ancestors, my ancestors and Asian ancestors before.

BUCHANAN: My ancestors came legally, and they didn‘t march around under foreign flags and invade city halls. If we did that in Mexico City...

TRASVINA: Well we still see a lot of Irish flags on St. Patrick‘s Day, and we‘re proud of it...

BUCHANAN: Yes, but if you go right into...

TRASVINA: ... But we‘ve mistreated immigrants in the past.

BUCHANAN: Are you ...

(CROSSTALK)

TRASVINA: Immigrants want to come for opportunities. That‘s why they come to the U.S.

CARTER: Yes, but you see the...

(CROSSTALK)

BUCHANAN: Go ahead. Go ahead, Ms. Carter.

CARTER: But you see the issue is about national security. We are living in a post-September 11 America. The borders are wide open. And I mean if—like I said, I‘ve been down there before. If I can get to areas where I know I can go back and forth without anyone noticing, wouldn‘t a terrorist or anyone else be able to do the same thing? I mean, they have the money, they have the capability, the borders are basically run by narcotics traffickers who are basically a bottomless pit of money. They can purchase weapons...

SCARBOROUGH: And let me ask Pat Buchanan. Pat, you‘ve worked at the White House. Why isn‘t the President concerned about that?

BUCHANA: Look, I don‘t know what‘s the matter with the President. He went down himself to Tucson. And he said, during the first five years of this century, four and a half million people were stopped at the border, and one in every 12, some 375,000, had criminal records. Now, four million made it. You have got about 350,000 illegal aliens with criminal records walking around the United States, because George Bush will not do his duty, Joe, which is written in the Constitution. The government of the United States shall defend the states from invasion. This isn‘t immigration. This is an invasion.

SCARBOROUGH: All right. John, I‘ll give you the last word.

TRASVINA: Well, there are the national security issues, and this bill will help national security. It‘s in the national interest to know who is coming across and who is here. And they‘re able to do that in a legal way. There has been a lot of scare tactics over immigration in the past. A lot of the rhetoric today is the same. But we have seen the experts in the Senate come together on a bipartisan basis like they never have before to address immigration on a comprehensive basis. We want to see that bill go forward and be enacted in some form or another.

SCARBOROUGH: All right. Thank you so much. Thank you Sara, thank you Pat, and thank you John. Greatly appreciate you being with us.

I‘m joined now by Tucker Carlson. He the host of “THE SITUATION,” Tucker Carlson. Tucker, what‘s the situation tonight.

TUCKER CARLSON, MSNBC HOST OF “THE SITUATION”: Joe, I just agree with every word Pat Buchanan ever utters. I‘ll admit it.

We have Tom Tancredo, congressman from Colorado on tonight, who makes the obvious point, why don‘t we just penalize employers who are hiring illegal immigrants? We‘d end the problem in about 20 minutes. Then we‘re going to have on a man who represents the asexual lobby. That‘s right. Every sexuality under the sun has its own lobby. Now people with no sexuality at all have theirs. Asexuals, you‘ll meet them.
    Equal rights for all, special privileges for none. Thomas Jefferson

That‘s exactly what‘s happening Joe. I‘ve been calling border patrol agents all week. And they‘ve noticed an increase in illegal immigrants coming across the border and migrants. And they just can‘t stop it. It‘s actually been building up over the past month. Because many Mexicans believe that amnesty had already been passed.
    Oh, V-Mama, what are we going to do? Why do we have a president that is SO incapable and who cares so little about our country ??

George Bush would probably run from a growling toy poodle. Seriously, doesn't he seem so weak and "afraid" to deal with the hard things which face our country ?

But he didn't hesitate to send Americans to be killed.

He is the worst kind of a coward....and he's in our White House ?!?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Legal,

When I saw this the other night on what is quite a liberal station I just about fell out of my chair! Have you noticed how many accidents have happened lately? In my oppinion it is due to increased traffic of them. I am e-mailing this to the Whitehouse and my Senators I suggest you do the same. I truly believe good will overcome evil,and we will prevail! Greed and hatred will fall and hard!!! Don't worry everything will be OK ... Take a deep breath and smile

Vmama
    Equal rights for all, special privileges for none. Thomas Jefferson