Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Geraldo is one of the worst at trying to convict someone before evidence is in...he is doing it right now with the little missing 5 year old.....Geraldo makes me sick, I can not believe FOX keeps him on!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar

Investigators prepare warrant in 2001 slaying of former inte

Investigators prepare warrant in 2001 slaying of former intern Chandra Levy in WashingtonBy GILLIAN GAYNAIR | Associated Press Writer
    8:37 PM EST, February 21, 2009

* Photos of Chandra Levy are on display as musicians, right, stand by at the memorial service for Levy in this Tuesday, May 28, 2002 file photo taken at the Modesto Centre Plaza in Modesto, Calif. Media reports Saturday Feb. 21, 2009 in Washington and California say that an arrest may be close in the slaying of the former federal intern whose disappearance ended Gary Condit's congressional career. The warrant is expected to be for a prison inmate convicted of attacking two female joggers in the same Washington park where Levy's remains were found. (AP Photo/Debbie Noda, Pool, File) (DEBBIE NODA, AP / May 28, 2002)

WASHINGTON (AP) — Investigators in the 2001 slaying of Chandra Levy have prepared an arrest warrant for a Salvadoran immigrant convicted of similar attacks in the park where the former intern disappeared, a person close to the investigation said Saturday.

The person told The Associated Press that Ingmar Guandique's arrest is imminent and an official announcement is expected soon. The person was not authorized to discuss the case publicly and spoke on condition of anonymity.

Levy had just completed an internship with the U.S. Bureau of Prisons when she went missing in May 2001 in Washington, D.C. The 24-year-old was wearing jogging clothes when she vanished, and her remains were discovered in Rock Creek Park a year later.

Authorities questioned former U.S. Rep. Gary Condit in Levy's disappearance, but he was never a suspect in her death. Condit was reportedly having an affair with Levy, and the negative publicity from the case was cited as a main reason the California lawmaker lost re-election in 2002.

VideoRelated links
    Chandra Levy Video
    Chandra Levy Photos
    Map of area where the body was found Graphic Guandique, 27, has denied any involvement in Levy's disappearance and killing. However, investigators interviewed him in the Levy case after he was convicted of attacking two women joggers in Rock Creek Park shortly after her disappearance.

Guandique was sentenced to 10 years in federal prison for those attacks. The federal Bureau of Prisons lists an inmate in California with the same sentence and age, but with the spelling Guandigue instead of Guandique. A message seeking comment was not returned.

Levy's father, Robert Levy, said Washington, D.C., Police Chief Cathy Lanier called his home late Friday and said there would be an arrest in a few days.

Robert Levy said he and his wife, Susan, were not told the identity of the person to be arrested "but we all know who it is." He would not elaborate but said they would favor a life sentence for the killer.

"If someone is executed, they really don't suffer too much," he said from his home in Modesto, Calif.

A second person aware of the investigation, a law enforcement official who spoke to investigators, said Saturday that the break in the case came in part from DNA evidence. The official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the Levy investigation is ongoing, said DNA evidence was either retested or collected, and it was connected to Guandique.

The official said D.C. police have interviewed Guandique at least twice, and the case has been sent to a grand jury.

An attorney for Condit said the new revelations clear the former congressman.

"This should give the Levys the answer and closure they deserve, and remove the unfair cloud that has hung over the Condits for too long," said Abbe Lowell, a Washington lawyer.

Condit did not return several messages left by The Associated Press but said in a statement to WJLA-TV in Washington that he is glad the Levy family is finally getting answers.

"For my family, I am glad that their years of standing together in the face of such adversity have finally led to the truth," he said in the statement, posted on the station's Web site. "It is unfortunate that an insatiable appetite for sensationalism blocked so many from searching for the real answers for so long. I had always hoped to have the opportunity to tell my side of this story, but too many were not prepared to listen. Now I plan to do so, but I will have no further comments on this story at this time."

The Levys said the news about the arrest warrant did not make up for the loss of their daughter.

Photographs of Chandra adorned the living room of the Levy home, which sits on a quiet street in a suburban community surrounded by farms and orchards. The piano she played remains in the front room, but is now out of tune. Her bedroom has become part storage area and part shrine, with more pictures of Chandra hanging next her mother's paintings.

"There's not a day or night it's not on our minds," Susan Levy said. "When it comes to holiday time and family get-togethers, there's a big void."

Lanier, the D.C. police chief, said Saturday that she could not comment out of respect for the Levy family and the investigators and prosecutors who have worked on the case.

"It would simply be inappropriate for me to violate the integrity of their work by commenting before it is appropriate to do so," Lanier said in an e-mail.

Susan Levy said the couple had been meeting with a special task force of Washington police working on the case. "We got the attention that may lead to an arrest and a conviction," she said.

After Condit lost his re-election bid, he sued several media outlets that had connected him to Levy's disappearance and death. He reached an undisclosed settlement with three tabloid newspapers.

http://www.newsday.com/iphone/sns-ap-ch ... ?track=rss
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Posted on Sat, Feb. 21, 2009 06:05 PM

Possible suspect in Levy investigation currently in federal prison in California

By MICHAEL DOYLE
    McClatchy Newspapers

Ingmar A. Guandique sneaked into the United States and landed in federal prison, having pleaded guilty to attacking two women in Washington, D.C.'s Rock Creek Park.

Now, the 27-year-old illegal immigrant from El Salvador appears to stand on the edge of one of the capital city's most enduring murder mysteries. Washington police have indicated they are about to arrest a suspect in the 2001 murder of former federal intern Chandra Levy, and Guandique reportedly is their target.

"I hope this is really the man," Levy's mother, Susan, said in an interview Saturday.

Washington Police Chief Cathy Lanier called Susan and her husband, Bob Levy, in Modesto, Calif., on Friday to tell them that an arrest was imminent. Neither Lanier nor Lt. Michael Farish, who placed a separate call to the Levys, identified a suspect by name.

Police officials would not confirm the suspect's identity on Saturday, and Lanier said in a statement only that "this case generated numerous bits of information, which we continue to follow up on."

Guandique apparently came to investigators' attention in 2002, about the time he was facing charges of assaulting the two women in the same park where Levy's remains were found a year after she disappeared. She was last seen publicly on April 30, 2001.

Guandique is currently serving a 10-year sentence in California, having ended up at the high-security U.S. Penitentiary in Victorville after passing through lower-security federal prisons. He's currently scheduled for release on Oct. 5, 2011, although he would then face deportation to his native country as a criminal alien.

"(Guandique) may act out impulsively, and may have trouble controlling his anger," a 2002 sentencing memo filed with D.C. Superior Court stated, adding that Guandique "has significant drug issues."

One of Guandique's known victims was Halle R. Shilling, a writer who was jogging in Rock Creek Park on May 15, 2001. Shilling reported that Guandique brandished a knife, grabbed her around the neck and pulled her to the ground. He bit her when she pushed at his face, but she was able to pull away and flee.

"I know in my gut that, given the chance, he would not hesitate to repeat his crime on some other woman," Shilling stated in the sentencing memo.

Six weeks later, on July 1, 2001, attorney Christie Wiegand was likewise jogging in the rugged D.C. park when Guandique grabbed her from behind. She reported that he held a knife to her chin, covered her mouth and told her to be quiet.

"My attacker was extremely strong, and (with) his hand cutting off my air and the knife at my throat I didn't feel I could struggle for very long," Wiegand declared in the sentencing memo.

One of the attacks occurred one-half mile from the location where Levy's remains were found in May 2002, and the other occurred about two miles away.

Guandique, whose name is also spelled Guandigue in federal Bureau of Prisons records, pleaded guilty in a plea bargain to assault and attempted robbery in the two attacks.

Guandique's attorneys have previously denied that he had any involvement with Levy's murder, declaring in 2002 that he "passed a lie detector test, both requested by and administered" by federal prosecutors.

"Mr. Ingmar Guandique is not linked to the Chandra Levy case by a single shred of evidence," public defender Ronald Sullivan Jr. declared in an Oct. 1, 2002, statement.

Guandique told prosecutors at the time that his attacks on Wiegand and Shilling were motivated by his interest in stealing their Walkman radios. He later modified that claim, to say he needed money to pay his rent. Prosecutors doubted his tale even at the time.

"(He) appears to have used Rock Creek Park as a hunting ground, waiting beside popular running trails, selecting victims and stalking them," the 2002 sentencing memo states.

Previous Washington Post reports have indicated that at least one fellow inmate who served time with Guandique told authorities he had confided that he killed Levy. This inmate failed a polygraph exam, earlier news reports indicated.

Posted on Sat, Feb. 21, 2009 06:05 PM

http://www.kansascity.com/440/story/1046707.html

I can tell you from searching for these stories looking for victims killed by illegals.
    That they usually put unidentified man > probably because no-one really knows who they are.
    Illegal is a word that is scarring media into not mentioning it> probably been threatened by lawsuites or maybe there was one and someone got a settlement.
    Better to keep us all uniformed with so many crimes and people like me actually trying to keep track of them. Makes it harder to get information.
    Some court clerks won't give out the information either. They won't even return calls after doing the phone maze trying to actually get someone on the line that knows, and yes there is alot of disconnections after asking if the man being held is a illegal.
    Myself I think they are all scarred to list them as illegals, This word they are trying to phase out apparently.
    Once in a while I will get lucky they might actually call them undocumented workers.
    Yes there definately is a coverup! Sort of like the mushroom thingy ..keep up in the dark and feed us------

This is just awful! I remember this case so well, mostly because the day they found the remains that they believed were hers (later positively identified), I had just given birth to my first son, Enoch (May 21, 2002). I was in the hospital watching the news coverage of the remains being taken. It really hit me.

I was not knowledgeable about illegal aliens then, so the suspect who had killed two other women in the same area, his name escaped me until now.

I am very disappointed that this serial killer illegal alien had the chance to murder three American women, or more, before being removed from our streets. And he was operating LITERALLY under Washington's nose.

How sad.
    The flag flies at half-mast out of grief for the death of my beautiful, formerly-free America. May God have mercy on your souls.
    RIP USA 7/4/1776 - 11/04/2008

Sunday, February 22, 2009
    ‘Chandra Levy Murdered by Illegal Alien?‘
    Immigration piece by Jim Kouri

This past weekend, the mainstream news media were breathlessly reporting that an arrest of a Salvadorian immigrant for killing a young Washington, DC woman named Chandra Levy is imminent.

The case originally received so much media attention that she became a household name. While the media continue their fascination with this case, they have—for the most part—failed to identify the suspect as an illegal alien already locked up in prison for previous attacks on American women, preferring to call him an immigrant or a Salvadorian National.

When the National Association of Former Border Patrol Agents released their position paper on all aspects of the illegal immigration issue, most media outlets either yawned or suppressed the report. Over 250 former Border Patrol members of all ranks signed the document, which received scant mention by the mainstream news media.

The position paper addressed amnesty and guest worker programs, securing the US borders, sanctions against employers of illegal aliens, and condemnation of political leaders who subvert and undermine the efforts of the US Border Patrol.

“The nation has made demonstrable mistakes in the past in its efforts to control immigration. Let us, who were there to see them, remind the nation of the outcome and make suggestions for change,“ said Kent Lundgren, coordinator for the NAFBA.

Their position on illegal immigration begins with a strong border security initiative including what they termed “meaningful processes for screening those who wish to enter [the United States] legally.“

“We believe that aliens residing in the United States must be here with the nation’s permission or they should leave or be removed,“ they wrote.

When it comes to any type of amnesty program, the former Border Patrol agents were blunt and succinct: “We absolutely oppose any legislation that would allow aliens to remain in this country who have entered illegally or who have entered legally and remained here illegally.“

The agents have little sympathy for employers who violate US immigration and labor laws. They stated that the current laws “presently on the books are adequate tools for the purposeâ€

The day Chandra disappeared, May 1, 2001, Ingmar A. Guandique, a 19-year-old illegal Salvadoran immigrant, did not show up for his construction job. (DAY LABORER ? )

I have long said that crime victims of illegals should file a lawsuit against the employer. Without that job the illegal wouldn't be here in the first place.

If possible the government should be sued too. However, it might be easier to sue the employers. Just like with the tobacco lawsuits a few might be lost at first but the sheer volume of lawsuits that can be filed will no doubt eventually lead to victims winning justice.

A non profit organization could be set up for donations to support such lawsuits. Other organizations including the ACLU, NAACP, and various religious groups set up nonprofits requesting donations and use them to further their cause and to protect certain citizens through the filing of lawsuits.

Many of Guandique's family members and friends did not speak English, and the D.C. detectives assigned to the case, Ralph Durant and Lawrence Kennedy, did not speak Spanish. The language barrier slowed the interview process, bogging down the investigation.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/me ... h12_1.html

The Government say we have 12,000,000 undocumented immigrants in America. Think about this Dangerous Times
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by vmonkey56
    The Government say we have 12,000,000 undocumented immigrants in America. Think about this Dangerous Times
    the government says??? like they know a rat from a hole in the ground.

its more likely 30-40 million illegals

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast