Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Brewer seeks dismissal of feds' challenge to law

Brewer seeks dismissal of feds' challenge to law

By The Associated Press
    Monday, July 26, 2010 at 4:59 p.m.

PHOENIX — Attorneys for Gov. Jan Brewer has asked a judge to throw out the U.S. Justice Department's challenge to Arizona's new immigration law.

The governor's lawyers said Monday the federal government hasn't shown it has suffered actual harm from the law and instead bases its claim on speculation.

The federal government says the state law is trumped by federal law and that it has hurt U.S. relations with Mexico. It is scheduled to take effect Thursday.

Attorneys for Brewer say Mexico's disapproval of the law doesn't make it unconstitutional.

U.S. District Judge Susan Bolton is considering requests by the Justice Department, a Phoenix police officer and civil rights groups to put the law on hold.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010 ... ge-to-law/
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

LMAO @ the DOJ

Too freakin funny. Is this really how the DOJ practices law? 'Mexico is going to be mad at us?'
    I would be so ebarassed to be working at the DOJ these days. They are reaching new lows almost every day.

Attorneys for Brewer say Mexico's disapproval of the law doesn't make it unconstitutional.
    Most of America stands behind you governor Brewer, stand your ground!

Re: LMAO @ the DOJ

Quote Originally Posted by Tbow009
    Too freakin funny. Is this really how the DOJ practices law? 'Mexico is going to be mad at us?'
    I would be so ebarassed to be working at the DOJ these days. They are reaching new lows almost every day.
    I cannot believe that argument is being allowed to be made in a court of law, much less given any consideration! I would be embarrassed to make that argument! When you have no case, these are the weak ass arguments you're forced to make! This proves how weak their case actually is!

The DOJ is a joke!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Brewer seeks dismissal of feds' challenge to law

The federal government says the state law is trumped by federal law and that it has hurt U.S. relations with Mexico.
    So Mexico's feelings are more important than American lives and prosperity?

Damn traitors from Obama on down should be impeached immediately!!!!
    They have already admitted their treason!!!

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Gov. Jan Brewer is a real fighter. The more I hear about her the more impressed I am.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by nomas

Most of America stands behind you governor Brewer, stand your ground!
    AIGHT
    You cannot dedicate yourself to America unless you become in every
    respect and with every purpose of your will thoroughly Americans. You
    cannot become thoroughly Americans if you think of yourselves in groups. President Woodrow Wilson

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I hope so bad that Bolton sides with Arizona ans spits in the eye of mexico and our treasonis president

This reminds me of an "activist" Judge's ruling from a few years ago. Federal Judge James Munley ruled against Hazelton's attempt to get a handle on illegal immigration. Hazelton had recently passed an ordinance prohibiting landlords from renting to illegal aliens.

http://www.smalltowndefenders.com/node/229

Some of the most outrageous lines of reasoning of Judge Munley, as explained by author Kris Kobach:

"However, the ACLU lucked out when Judge Munley was assigned to the case. In a 206-page opinion, the judge bent over backward to agree with even the most far-fetched arguments offered by the plaintiffs."

"In the face of this unequivocal congressional intent, Judge Munley concocted the following theory: immigration laws governing the interior of the country were never meant to be fully enforced. Therefore, by reinforcing federal law and discouraging illegal immigration, Hazleton would cause what Judge Munley called “excessive enforcement.â€

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast