Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bulk Of Haitian Soccer Team Deserts In NY

Comments are being left after this article at the source link.

~~~

Bulk Of Haitian Soccer Team Deserts In NY

PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti, June 13, 2007
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    (AP) More than half of Haiti's under-17 national soccer team apparently deserted the side during a stopover in New York, hours before a planned trip to South Korea to prepare for the U17 Word Cup, officials said Wednesday.

Thirteen of the team's 18 players — all minors under 17 — disappeared from New York's John F. Kennedy Airport sometime between Tuesday night and Wednesday morning and their whereabouts weren't immediately known, Felix Augustine, Haiti's consul general in New York, told The Associated Press.

"We don't know exactly where they are but we're making calls to people (in the Haitian community) to try and get them back," Augustine said in a telephone interview.

He said he didn't know if U.S. authorities were helping to find the players, who arrived from Haiti on Tuesday and were scheduled to depart early Wednesday for Seoul, South Korea, to play in a warmup tournament ahead of the U17 World Cup in August.

Augustine said authorities believe adults may have involved in the players' desertion and warned they could face criminal charges unless they turn over the minors.

"It seems that some adults may have been involved. If so they are going to prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law," said Augustine, who declined to give further details.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/06/ ... 5436.shtml
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Send them home.

These people have nothing to contribute to my country. They would never assimilate and would wind up as gangbangers or simple crooks. In the final analysis they would cost America....in more ways than one.
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>

I also saw where a couple of Cuban soccer players here for some tournament have gone missing from their national team.