Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Bush on Border Wall, Guest Workers, and Amnesty

http://news.pacificnews.org/news/view_a ... 5b07ce29d4

Transcript Excerpt,
    New America Media, Jan 19, 2006

PRESIDENT BUSH: I'll answer some questions.

Q: Hi. My name is Mario Garza.

PRESIDENT BUSH: Hola.

Q: Hola. Exactly. And my father-in-law Jesse -- he invited me to be here, and
    I'm honored to be here, you know, with you and --

PRESIDENT BUSH: Que su pais?

Q: Mexico.

PRESIDENT BUSH: Que bueno. Que estado?

Q: Monterrey. Monterrey, Nuevo Leon.

PRESIDENT BUSH: Si.

Q: We went for Christmas -- to spend Christmas with -- you know, with my family in Mexico, and, you know, my family, friends, media, President Fox -- they are talking about the wall that the United States wants to build across the border with Mexico.

My question for you is what is your opinion or your position about that wall. When people ask me how can I justify, you know, the answer to build a wall other than saying, "We don't want you here." You know? So thank you.

PRESIDENT BUSH: Yeah. Great question. This question's on immigration.

Let me talk about immigration. We have an obligation to enforce our borders. There are people -- (applause) -- let me just -- save it for a full answer.

(Laughter.) And we do for a lot of reasons. The main reason is security reasons, it seems like to me. And security means more than just, you know, a terrorist slipping in. It means drugs. The mayor was telling me that, you know, there's a lot of crime around the country. He's been studying this because of, you know, drug use. And who knows if they're being smuggled in from Mexico? But drugs do get smuggled in, so it's a security issue. It's more than just war on terror security issue. It's an issue of being able to try to secure the lifestyle of our country from the use of drugs; drug importation, for example. A lot of things get smuggled across -- generally when you're smuggling something, it's -- you know, it's against the law. So we have an obligation of enforcing the border. That's what the American people expect.

Now, you mentioned the wall. The intent is to use fencing in some areas, particularly in urban centers where people have found it easy to cross illegally into the country.

It is impractical to build a wall all the way up and down the border. Look, I was the old governor of Texas. You can't build a wall up and down the entire length of the border of the United States, but you can find known border crossing points in higher urban areas and use some construction, you can be able to put berms up in order to prevent people from smuggling people across the border. There are ways to use electronics to be able to help our Border Patrol agents detect people who are illegally coming into the
    country.

And we're getting -- we're kind of modernizing the border, I guess is the best way to put it. I mean, there is an electronic wall, to a certain extent, in parts of our border, where there may be an unmanned drone flying along that radios to a Border Patrol center that says: Hey, we got people sneaking across illegally; find them. A second aspect -- and so we are going to enforce the border as best as we possibly can. It's our duty.

And secondly, one of the problems we face is that people get stopped and they get let back out in society and say, "Come on back for your hearing." Well, guess what? They don't come back for the hearing. (Chuckles.) That's the catch and release. And we're trying to change that, particularly for those from Central America who've come up from Central America through Mexico and the United States.

The reason people -- most people come is to work. I always have said that family values do not stop at the Rio Grande River. There are some jobs Americans will not do, that are being filled by people who want to feed their families. And that's what's happening. And my attitude about that is, is that when you find a willing worker and a company who can't find an American to do the job, there ought to be a legal way on a temporary basis to fill that job.

And so -- let me finish real quick -- it is compassionate -- by the way, it is important to enforce the border. President Fox understands he's got to enforce his border in the south of Mexico, by the way, from people coming up from the south. It is compassionate to recognize why most people are here, and they're here to work.

It also makes sense to take pressure off the border by giving people a legal means on a temporary basis to come here, so they don't have to sneak across. Now, some of you-all may be old enough to remember the days of prohibition. I'm not. (Laughter.) But remember we illegalized whiskey, and guess what, people found all kinds of ways to make it and to run it. NASCAR got started, a positive thing that came out of all that. (Laughter.)

What you're having here is you have created a -- you've made it illegal for people to come here to work that other Americans won't do. And guess what has happened? A horrible industry has grown up. You got folks right here in Kentucky who are hiring people to do jobs Americans won't do, and you say, "Show me your papers," and they've been forged and the employer doesn't know about it. Part of making sure that immigration policy works is you hold employers to account, but how can you hold them to account when they're being presented with forged documents?

A whole forgery industry has grown up around this.

We got good, honorable people coming to work to put food on their tables being stuffed in back of 18-wheelers. We got people being smuggled by what they call coyotes into the deserts and asked to walk across; and they're dying because they're trying to get to work, and they're being mistreated. In other words, this underground industry is creating a human condition that any American wouldn't accept. I mean, it's just not right.

And so, I think, yeah, absolutely enforce the border, but at the same time have a recognition that people are going to come to work if an American won't do the job, so let's make it legal on a temporary basis. And I mean, a temporary worker's card that's tamper proof, that gives the employers satisfaction they're not breaking the law, that says you can come here for a period of time, and then you can go home.

Now, the big issue on this besides enforcing the border is amnesty. I am against amnesty, and the reason I'm against amnesty, amnesty means automatic citizenship. I'm against automatic citizenship, and all due respect to others in our country that believe it's a good thing. And I'm against it because all that, in judgment, would do would cause another 8 to 11 million people to come here, to try to be able to get the same -- hopefully put the pressure on the system to create automatic citizenship.

So I think the best solution is the one I just described, and it's an issue that's going to be important for the American people to conduct in a way that honors our values. We value every life's important. We hold everybody up to respect, we should, you know, but we're going to enforce our laws at the same time. And I think you can do both in a compassionate way.

I appreciate you asking that question. Thank you. (Applause.)
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Well, this proves he understands the problem, doesn't it?

NO GUEST WOKER BUSH BOY!!

Just secure the border, it's your duty, or we'll find someone who will.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Americans along the boarder

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    Well, this proves he understands the problem, doesn't it?

NO GUEST WOKER BUSH BOY!!

Just secure the border, it's your duty, or we'll find someone who will.

"bush" forgot to tell everyone what he learned from the people he talked to, that live along the boarder....Oh! I guess I forgot,bush didn`t talk to anyone that lived along the boarder.........Sorry! If "bush" would have talked to the Americans that live along the boarder,bush would find out that these Illegals come here for resons other than work.
    "bush" loves American and Americans,just like he said.

Re: Americans along the boarder

"bush" forgot to tell everyone what he learned from the people he talked to, that live along the boarder....Oh! I guess I forgot,bush didn`t talk to anyone that lived along the boarder.........
    You have to forgive the man. He couldn't stand the thought of being out of his limo long enough to have to put up with us common folks. Plus he had a drinking party he had to attend at some ritzy Mexican embassy hosted by his buddies Ted Kennedy, John McCain, Karl Rove and Vicente Fox. Then the next day he had to accompany Dicky to go count some oil stock with Haliburton. After that he had a few appointments with some foreign officials from the CFR, WTO and the FTAA to plan the final stages of the demise of America. So you see Bushie boy has way more important things to do then deal with us common folks.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

We have an obligation to enforce our borders.
    So when do you plan on fulfilling that obligation Bushie?
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Dman1200 wrote:

So when do you plan on fulfilling that obligation Bushie?[
    He doesn't. He has no intention of securing the borders.

IMPEACH THE WACKIDENT!!

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    Dman1200 wrote:

So when do you plan on fulfilling that obligation Bushie?[
    He doesn't. He has no intention of securing the borders.

IMPEACH THE WACKIDENT!!

I agree. He's got to go. I still can't believe some sheeple, including some on this board fail to see why this wacko must be impeached.

Quote Originally Posted by dman1200
    We have an obligation to enforce our borders.
    So when do you plan on fulfilling that obligation Bushie?
    Bush has no intention of securing the border. He already KNOWS how the senate plans to vote on this subject. There will be no fences and there will be a guest-worker plan. God, I hope I am wrong. But, Bush is acting too comfortable with his position on the guest-worker stance. He has an arrogance in his tone, and a smugness in his mannerisms. BUSH NEEDS TO GO!
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Re: Americans along the boarder

Quote Originally Posted by dman1200
    "bush" forgot to tell everyone what he learned from the people he talked to, that live along the boarder....Oh! I guess I forgot,bush didn`t talk to anyone that lived along the boarder.........
    You have to forgive the man. He couldn't stand the thought of being out of his limo long enough to have to put up with us common folks. Plus he had a drinking party he had to attend at some ritzy Mexican embassy hosted by his buddies Ted Kennedy, John McCain, Karl Rove and Vicente Fox. Then the next day he had to accompany Dicky to go count some oil stock with Haliburton. After that he had a few appointments with some foreign officials from the CFR, WTO and the FTAA to plan the final stages of the demise of America. So you see Bushie boy has way more important things to do then deal with us common folks.
    Speaking of Karl Rove,Is this one of those,out of site,out of mind kind of things? I wonder where THEY store such people?Do THEY have a "CCC" (Commi Country Cub) to hold them until their time,or what?

Re: Bush on Border Wall, Guest Workers, and Amnesty

Quote Originally Posted by Brian503a
    http://news.pacificnews.org/news/view_article.html?article_id=ed35e71b525cee66c66f3 95b07ce29d4

Transcript Excerpt,
    New America Media, Jan 19, 2006

PRESIDENT BUSH: I'll answer some questions.

Q: Hi. My name is Mario Garza.

PRESIDENT BUSH: Hola.

Q: Hola. Exactly. And my father-in-law Jesse -- he invited me to be here, and
    I'm honored to be here, you know, with you and --

PRESIDENT BUSH: Que su pais?

Q: Mexico.

PRESIDENT BUSH: Que bueno. Que estado?

Q: Monterrey. Monterrey, Nuevo Leon.

PRESIDENT BUSH: Si.

Q: We went for Christmas -- to spend Christmas with -- you know, with my family in Mexico, and, you know, my family, friends, media, President Fox -- they are talking about the wall that the United States wants to build across the border with Mexico.

My question for you is what is your opinion or your position about that wall. When people ask me how can I justify, you know, the answer to build a wall other than saying, "We don't want you here." You know? So thank you.

PRESIDENT BUSH: Yeah. Great question. This question's on immigration.

Let me talk about immigration. We have an obligation to enforce our borders. There are people -- (applause) -- let me just -- save it for a full answer.

(Laughter.) And we do for a lot of reasons. The main reason is security reasons, it seems like to me. And security means more than just, you know, a terrorist slipping in. It means drugs. The mayor was telling me that, you know, there's a lot of crime around the country. He's been studying this because of, you know, drug use. And who knows if they're being smuggled in from Mexico? But drugs do get smuggled in, so it's a security issue. It's more than just war on terror security issue. It's an issue of being able to try to secure the lifestyle of our country from the use of drugs; drug importation, for example. A lot of things get smuggled across -- generally when you're smuggling something, it's -- you know, it's against the law. So we have an obligation of enforcing the border. That's what the American people expect.

Now, you mentioned the wall. The intent is to use fencing in some areas, particularly in urban centers where people have found it easy to cross illegally into the country.

It is impractical to build a wall all the way up and down the border. Look, I was the old governor of Texas. You can't build a wall up and down the entire length of the border of the United States, but you can find known border crossing points in higher urban areas and use some construction, you can be able to put berms up in order to prevent people from smuggling people across the border. There are ways to use electronics to be able to help our Border Patrol agents detect people who are illegally coming into the
    country.

And we're getting -- we're kind of modernizing the border, I guess is the best way to put it. I mean, there is an electronic wall, to a certain extent, in parts of our border, where there may be an unmanned drone flying along that radios to a Border Patrol center that says: Hey, we got people sneaking across illegally; find them. A second aspect -- and so we are going to enforce the border as best as we possibly can. It's our duty.

And secondly, one of the problems we face is that people get stopped and they get let back out in society and say, "Come on back for your hearing." Well, guess what? They don't come back for the hearing. (Chuckles.) That's the catch and release. And we're trying to change that, particularly for those from Central America who've come up from Central America through Mexico and the United States.

The reason people -- most people come is to work. I always have said that family values do not stop at the Rio Grande River. There are some jobs Americans will not do, that are being filled by people who want to feed their families. And that's what's happening. And my attitude about that is, is that when you find a willing worker and a company who can't find an American to do the job, there ought to be a legal way on a temporary basis to fill that job.

And so -- let me finish real quick -- it is compassionate -- by the way, it is important to enforce the border. President Fox understands he's got to enforce his border in the south of Mexico, by the way, from people coming up from the south. It is compassionate to recognize why most people are here, and they're here to work.

It also makes sense to take pressure off the border by giving people a legal means on a temporary basis to come here, so they don't have to sneak across. Now, some of you-all may be old enough to remember the days of prohibition. I'm not. (Laughter.) But remember we illegalized whiskey, and guess what, people found all kinds of ways to make it and to run it. NASCAR got started, a positive thing that came out of all that. (Laughter.)

What you're having here is you have created a -- you've made it illegal for people to come here to work that other Americans won't do. And guess what has happened? A horrible industry has grown up. You got folks right here in Kentucky who are hiring people to do jobs Americans won't do, and you say, "Show me your papers," and they've been forged and the employer doesn't know about it. Part of making sure that immigration policy works is you hold employers to account, but how can you hold them to account when they're being presented with forged documents?

A whole forgery industry has grown up around this.

We got good, honorable people coming to work to put food on their tables being stuffed in back of 18-wheelers. We got people being smuggled by what they call coyotes into the deserts and asked to walk across; and they're dying because they're trying to get to work, and they're being mistreated. In other words, this underground industry is creating a human condition that any American wouldn't accept. I mean, it's just not right.

And so, I think, yeah, absolutely enforce the border, but at the same time have a recognition that people are going to come to work if an American won't do the job, so let's make it legal on a temporary basis. And I mean, a temporary worker's card that's tamper proof, that gives the employers satisfaction they're not breaking the law, that says you can come here for a period of time, and then you can go home.

Now, the big issue on this besides enforcing the border is amnesty. I am against amnesty, and the reason I'm against amnesty, amnesty means automatic citizenship. I'm against automatic citizenship, and all due respect to others in our country that believe it's a good thing. And I'm against it because all that, in judgment, would do would cause another 8 to 11 million people to come here, to try to be able to get the same -- hopefully put the pressure on the system to create automatic citizenship.

So I think the best solution is the one I just described, and it's an issue that's going to be important for the American people to conduct in a way that honors our values. We value every life's important. We hold everybody up to respect, we should, you know, but we're going to enforce our laws at the same time. And I think you can do both in a compassionate way.

I appreciate you asking that question. Thank you. (Applause.)
    "We value every life's important. We hold everybody up to respect, we should, you know, but we're going to enforce our laws at the same time. And I think you can do both in a compassionate way." I bet when the Americans that live along the boarder hear this crap they roll on the floor laughing...or crying! When this man speaks,who does he think he`s talking to?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast