Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Bush endorses Cannon

http://www.sltrib.com/utah/ci_3961584

Bush endorses Cannon
    Incumbent: President calls him a strong leader, loyal Republican

The Salt Lake Tribune
    Salt Lake Tribune

President Bush on Tuesday endorsed 3rd Congressional District incumbent Chris Cannon over fellow Republican John Jacob in Tuesday's primary election.

"Chris Cannon has been a strong leader and loyal Republican in Congress," the president said in a brief statement. "He has stood shoulder-to-shoulder with me as we fought to cut taxes, reduce spending, protect traditional values and secure the border."

But Jacob, who has made tough immigration reform the centerpiece of his campaign, said he expected the president to endorse Cannon. In fact, the Eagle Mountain businessman has lambasted Cannon as being a "rubber stamp" for the president's business-friendly immigration concept that would include a guest-worker program.

"Eighty percent of the people want our borders closed. On this particular issue, the president is on the wrong side, unfortunately," Jacob said.

Utah has some of the highest support ratings for Bush in the country. And Jacob said he supports the president completely on most other issues, including the war in Iraq.

"I'm not running against the president, I'm running against Chris Cannon," Jacob said.
    - Glen Warchol
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Cannon

How ironic coming from a president who on one hand tries to cut taxes and reduce the deficit but supports a candidate who like him supports a travesty of an amnesty bill that would raise taxes through the stratosphere and create a crushing budget deficit that will cripple the lives of our children and grandchildren. What I wouldn't give for Tancredo and Sessions to occupy the White House and the Blair House at this juncture. When all those millions of illegal aliens who were registered to vote by corrupt politicians, LaRaza and a host of other illegal alien advocates do vote I hope we can dilute their votes with our voting strength.