Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Bush got nada ...

www.latimes.com

Bush got nada ...
    The '90s romance between the U.S. and Latin America is over. Washington had lost interest in the region even before Venezuela's leftist president spit on us.

By Michael Shifter and Peter Hakim
    Michael Shifter and Peter Hakim are vice president for policy and president of the Inter-American Dialogue, respectively.

November 13, 2005

IT IS TEMPTING to take a look at the sorry state of U.S.-Latin American relations and conclude that we would all be better off if north and south went their separate ways. This month's singularly unproductive Summit of the Americas in Mar de Plata, Argentina, can be seen as sufficient proof that the impasse on such critical questions as trade is impossible to overcome. Such a view, however, would be a serious misreading of the interests at stake in both the United States and Latin America.

Public opinion polls in the region show that Latin Americans, rich and poor, are deeply critical of U.S. leadership and fervently disapprove of U.S. policies in the hemisphere and worldwide. Overwhelmingly, they dislike President Bush. And they distrust Washington, alternately charging the Bush administration with constant bullying and chronic neglect.

For its part, the U.S. government is disillusioned with Latin America and seems to have lost any interest it once had in the region. It can't seem to move on what Latin Americans want most â€â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Well...I sure hope this writer knows what he's talking about...because this is great news for the United States and the Latin American countries if it's true.

Lets face it...the ONLY interests the US Government had in Latin America were:

1. Figure out some way to get Chavez out of power so they could control the oil in Venezuela. Duh!! That isn't going to happen.

2. Take advantage of the other countries to monopolize their agriculture with the WACKO GMO Seeds. Duh!! That isn't going to happen. American Agriculture would NEVER agree to give up their subsidies. The Latin American countries won't let the GMO Boys in without it.

3. Use the Treason Treaties to increase immigration from Latin America to the United States, grow our population to levels we can not sustain and become a Third World Toilet Bowl. Duh!! That isn't going to happen because of 1. and 2. plus the sideline issue of American Citizen Opposition to this nonsense, while not important to the Wackident, is finally becoming an "issue of concern" with the GOP and US Congress because they are now fearing for their jobs and gravy trains!!

No Oil.

No Food.

No People.

No Gravy Train.

Score: NADA for the Globalists!!

Lets hope this is true and if it is, we'll have to remember to send big thank you cards, I mean the really big ones, to the people and leaders of Latin America for helping us save the United States. After all Chavez endured a coup and the open threat of assassination. And the people of several countries including Argentina, Brazil and Venezuela rose up and protested the most powerful leader in the world.

Kind of great seeing Democracy at work in Latin America, isn't it?

It looks like in one week they sent Bush scuddling back home with his tail and the FTAA between his legs, saved the United States from possible dissolution, and got Vicente Fox grounded for being a Bush Puppy!!!

Not Bad!!

I think they can be our Wing Man any day!

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I agree that this past week was very good news for those of us who oppose all of these "free trade" agreements. I don't care WHO put the kibosh on Bush's little plan but I'm all for them! They can say what they want about Chavez and Pat Robertson can say that we need to asssinate him but he at least had the gumption to stand up to the BIG BUSH. Wonder how THAT is going over in the White House?? Do you think he's getting the message??
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

What message, whats going on eh? It is going to take some time for it to be translated to him.
    "I can because I will, I will because I can" ME

Oh--but don't forget. Our President communicates in SPANISH to his best amigo, Vicente!!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton