Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bush had a Cinco De Mayo celebration at the WHITE HOUSE!!!!!

Bush renews push for 'comprehensive' immigration bill
    'All elements must be addressed together, or none will be solved'

Thursday, May 4, 2006; Posted: 4:42 p.m. EDT (20:42 GMT)

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- President Bush reiterated his support for a guest worker program Thursday during a Cinco de Mayo event in the White House's East Room.

Society need not choose between compassion and the law, President Bush said.

Bush has a scheduling conflict and will not be able to attend an event set for Friday, so the White House celebration was held a day early.

"Our nation does not have to choose between being a compassionate society and a lawful society," the president said. "I support strengthening our borders, and I support a temporary worker program that would match willing workers with American employers."

Bush added that he believes in the need for "a secure and legal channel for people to come to our country" and pressed for "comprehensive" immigration reform rather than a piecemeal approach.

"All elements must be addressed together, or none will be solved at all," he said.

Bush's remarks come in the midst of controversy over immigration reform and a series of mass demonstrations by immigrants.

Immigration reform has stalled in Congress, primarily because the majority Republicans are deeply divided over what to do about the millions of illegal immigrants already in the country.

The Senate is considering a proposal that would allow illegal immigrants to obtain legal status, and eventually citizenship, by working for six years, paying a fine, undergoing a background check and learning English. Supporters of the idea call it "earned citizenship," but opponents -- including many conservatives in the GOP base -- denounce it as "amnesty."

When the House passed immigration reform in December, it took a much tougher line. The House bill contains no mechanism for illegal immigrants to earn legal status, and, in addition to making illegal immigration a felony, also calls for building 700 miles of security fence along the U.S.-Mexico border.

The House bill has sparked a wave of protests by immigration supporters, particularly because of the provision making illegal immigration a felony. However, GOP leaders have indicated they are likely to drop that provision when House and Senate negotiators hash out details of a final bill.

On Monday, throngs of immigrants and their advocates took to the streets of many U.S. cities to protest proposed immigration laws. (Full story)

Among the locations were: New York; Washington; Las Vegas, Nevada; Miami, Florida; Chicago, Illinois; Los Angeles, California; San Francisco, California; Atlanta, Georgia; Denver, Colorado; Phoenix, Arizona; New Orleans, Louisiana; and Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

Organizers of the nationwide event, dubbed "A Day Without Immigrants," asked those opposing tighter restrictions on immigration -- namely immigrants themselves -- to flex their economic muscle by boycotting all aspects of commerce, including work and school.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/05/04/ ... index.html

__________________________________________________ __

I guess he figured if he had a Mexican celebration at the White house a day early nobody would notice. Surprise, El presidente!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Well isnt that just so sweet. Maybe Fox will show up and they can plan the ruin of the rest of the world, oh wait, they already have..

Umm. is Cinco de Mayo an official US holiday Y/N ?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

How can this man be stopped? He is rolling over everybody like a dictator. He has compassion my behind. That weasel doesn't have a compasionate bone is his worthless, good for nothing body. His legacy will be the destruction of democracy and the sovreignty of the United States.

Is there anything else we can do? I don't think he's above putting a horse's head in the bed to swing votes his way. He is ruthless and shameless.

This is the same guy who decided that there evidently were people he couldn't "offend" ( maybe his Muslim buddies ) so had cards sent out at Christmas that said "Happy Holidays." Of course celebrating a Mexican holiday in the WH and especially in light of the current problems we had with the illegals --- now that wouldn't offend anybody, right? ( sarcasm intended ).
    IMPEACH BUSH! And let him take Cheney with him.

I wonder if he celebrates the birthdays of people like Santa Anna and other such unsavory characters in the White House and just didn't get caught?

speaking of Cinco De Mayo, things are nice and calm here in my neighborhood this morning but I bet you by late afternoon the noise level will be cranked up to ear piercing decibles with music, traffic and cop car sirens.

Maybe we should elect Democrats to Congress, one good thing they'd do is impeach the boob.
    We would wind up with amnesty with democrats in power but the Republicans are in power now and they're trying to stick us with it too!
    At least with the Democrats in there, they would can Bush. Hey, a win for us!
    <div>Thank you Governor Brewer!</div>

Quote Originally Posted by 31scout
    Maybe we should elect Democrats to Congress, one good thing they'd do is impeach the boob.
    We would wind up with amnesty with democrats in power but the Republicans are in power now and they're trying to stick us with it too!
    At least with the Democrats in there, they would can Bush. Hey, a win for us!
    No we shouldn't elect Democrats, Out of the Bush frying pan into the fire. They are aware that their working American middle class no longer has the bucks to support their party and partying. They're done with us.

Now if you could get the Republican party to be the Republican party and impeach Bush? But I'm thinking they're done with us too?
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

In all honesty, I can't think of even one Democrat I ever really thought was a good candidate in all my voting years (since the late '60's) I have voted for a democrat or two but only because the Republican contender was an out and out scoundrel or there was no opposition at all-- which happens more and more frequently these days.