Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bush hopes proposal for increased enforcement will rescue...

Although this link is USA Today people are making comments as you would expect! I still can't forget how Bush said in his arrogance "I'll see you at the bill signing."
    ~~~~~

Bush hopes proposal for increased enforcement will rescue immigration bill
    June 14, 2007

President Bush, seeking to rescue the stalled immigration bill, will back an amendment to use new fees, fines, and collections for increased border enforcement, spokesman Tony Snow said Thursday.

The estimated total is around $4.4 billion, Snow said, and the plan is designed to allay the concerns of senators who are more concerned about stopping the flow of illegal immigrants than in guest worker programs.

The proposal covers all fees, fines and collections created under the new law. It is essentially an amendment proposed by Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C.

"That money would always be set aside for border enforcement," Snow said.

Update at 11:10 a.m. ET: Speaking to a group of general contractors, Bush expressed hope that the Senate would recover from last week's "setback," according to USA TODAY's David Jackson.

"The need for reform is urgent," Bush said. "Our immigration system has been broken for years."

The new Bush proposal essentially mirrors an amendment supported by Graham and Sen. Jon Kyl, R-Ariz.

Bush thanked the Associated Builders and Contractors for endorsing his vision of comprehensive immigration reform, one that deals with border security, resolves the status of illegal immigrants who are already here, and creates a system in which immigrants can do jobs that Americans won't do.

"All the issues must be addressed," Bush said.

Bush took a much softer approach than he did during a May 29 speech in Georgia, when he said those who want to kill the bill "don't want to do what's right for America."

Bush said Thursday that the idea of deporting all illegal immigrants is "impractical" and "won't work."

"We need to do this without animosity and without amnesty," Bush said.

He urged opponents to put aside "political wrangling" and get something done. "We have an historic opportunity to act now," Bush said. "Doing nothing is not a solution."

http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/20 ... _prop.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Bush said Thursday that the idea of deporting all illegal immigrants is "impractical" and "won't work."
    What an absolute loser Bush is and let's see, 71% of the voters agree with me, but his synchophants in the Senate are clueless (til next election)!!! Too many women around here with good memories for being scorned!!! And, hell hath no fury like a women protecting her children and grandchildren!!!

Let's try ENFORCEMENT OF EXISTING LAW!!! Which by the way, YOU HAVE IGNORED THE LAW FOR 6 YEARS, but we HAVE BEEN WATCHING!!! A VOTE "YES" BY ANY SENATOR IS A VOTE FOR CLOTURE AND THAT IS WHAT YOU WILL BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR REGARDLESS OF YOUR VOTE ON THE BILL!!! NO BAIT AND SWITCH, TRAITORS!!!

You know the Eisenhower administration didn't have any problems with this.
    Senor Boosh just doesn't want to lose out on the NAU.

Banned
    And, guess what the stupid Republicans are going to be blamed for passing this bill! Reid has it set up this way!!!

Bush is a con man. Any Republican member of Congress still supporting this pair of traitors in the American White House is foolish beyond belief.

And I'm Republican from a family that has been Republican since there were Republicans.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

my answer is still no amnesty. no deals will change this. NO.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Judy wrote:
    And I'm Republican from a family that has been Republican since there were Republicans.
    Me too! But no more! And, definitely the donations I used to make to the GOP are dried up!

My family has also been Republican or should I say conservative for generations. Though, I dam well promise you that I will vote against and work tirelessly against any elected official that votes for this bill regardless of what dam party they belong to.
    Arlen Specter will be the first slime I vote against. He wants to run for one more term in 2010, I suggest he check his social security benefits as the electorate will have different ideas.
    <div>Thank you Governor Brewer!</div>