Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bush: Immigration laws should be followed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    WND AT THE WHITE HOUSE
    Bush: 'Immigration laws should be followed'
    Spokeswoman says no room for rebel 'sanctuary' cities

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: April 26, 2007
    1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2007 WorldNetDaily.com

San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom

The president expects that federal laws – including immigration laws – will be enforced, leaving the implication there is no room for rebel cities that decide to provide "sanctuary" for illegal aliens, according to a White House spokeswoman.

Dana Perino was responding to a question from Les Kinsolving, WND's correspondent at the White House.

"How will the United States ever develop, adopt and enforce any sort of immigration policy when individual leaders such as San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom have vowed to oppose federal enforcement of such laws and, in fact, are preparing to run a sanctuary city that would facilitate illegal activities, as just reported for the San Francisco Chronicle?" he asked.

"President Bush believes that the laws of this country, including immigration laws, need to be followed," she answered.

(Story continues below)

In the Chronicle report, Newsom vowed to maintain San Francisco as that type of sanctuary and do everything he can to discourage federal authorities from conducting immigration raids there.

"I will not allow any of my department heads or anyone associated with this city to cooperate in any way, shape or form with these raids," Newsom told the newspaper. "We are a sanctuary city, make no mistake about it."

Newsom has a reputation of making his own decisions. At one point he arbitrarily decided the state's restriction that marriage is only between one man and one woman wasn't for him, and he started issuing marriage certificates to same-sex couples.

The courts later rejected his action.

While officials declared San Francisco a "sanctuary city" in 1989, a move taken by other cities as well, it has no legal impact, and federal immigration authorities have conducted raises in many locations.

"Our action is to stand strong in opposition to these raids … to make sure that we are not contributing in any way, shape or form," he told the paper.

In a related question, Kinsolving asked Perino for the president's reaction to a recent no-confidence vote by U.S. Border Patrol agents.

"The National Border Patrol Council, the union of our 11,000 non-supervisory U.S. Border Patrol agents, has just passed a resolution, which, among other concerns, deplores what they say is, 'shamelessly promoting amnesty and a greatly expanded guest worker program, despite intense opposition to these concepts from the front-line Border Patrol agents who risk their lives enforcing our nation's immigration laws.' … What is the White House reaction to this resolution?" Kinsolving asked.

"I haven't seen the resolution. What I would say is that I would hope that the council would take a look at the president's plan. We are working with members of Congress on both sides of the aisle to try to work through a plan that would help alleviate the pressure at the border. And I understand that they have very real concerns, since they work on the border every day. And the president believes that the plan that we have in place is one that would help alleviate the problems at the border, as well as allow our country to be one that is continuing to be a welcoming one," she said.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/artic ... E_ID=55397
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"President Bush believes that the laws of this country, including immigration laws, need to be followed," she answered.
    What a totally worthless generic answer
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Ah, if only he had been looking in the mirror at himself shen he said that, he would not even have believed himself!

I think that ICE should crack down on the illegals in SF more so because of their stupid mayor. I think in spite of their claim, ICE should go in and just wipe that city clean. There SF!! You have no reason to claim being a sanctuary city now!!

BTW, I am going to get the word around my complex that they will all be safe in SF, and encourage them to all move down there!!
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    The president expects that federal laws – including immigration laws – will be enforced, leaving the implication there is no room for rebel cities that decide to provide "sanctuary" for illegal aliens, according to a White House spokeswoman

Maybe Bush should set an example? No defense of SF here but dang! What a hypocrite.........

Re: Bush: Immigration laws should be followed

The president expects that federal laws – including immigration laws – will be enforced

He intends to do that by granting an across the board Amnesty. If no one is illegal then there is no one breaking the immigration laws.

The mayor of S.F. should be recalled for not upholding his oath of office, until these guys are held accountable nothing will change, he needs to be thrown out.

If bush had any ____ he would have come out when the mayor made that statement to the news and said fine go ahead be a sanctuary city but you will receive not one more check from the federal government for any program what so ever until you are willing to up hold the laws of the United States of America.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)