Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Bush takes interest in Pence's immigration proposal

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a ... -1/ZONES01

More articles and information on the Pence bill can be found here.

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ight=pence

June 29, 2006

Bush takes interest in Pence's immigration proposal

By Maureen Groppe
    Star Washington Bureau
    WASHINGTON -- U.S. Rep. Mike Pence, whose immigration proposal has come under attack from some fellow conservatives, got a boost from President Bush on Wednesday.

Bush, who favors combining a guest-worker program with increased border security, invited Pence to the Oval Office to learn more about the Indiana Republican's version and to thank him for jumping into an issue that has divided the GOP.

"He said that he wanted me to be encouraged in what I was doing, whether he agreed with every element or not," Pence said.
    He has proposed a temporary guest-worker program with a twist -- immigrants would be required to leave the country before they could enroll.

A White House spokesman said the approximately 40-minute meeting, which was at Bush's request, shows "that active conversations on immigration reform are very much under way."

"The president was in a listening mode," said spokesman Alex Conant.
    Republicans are divided whether to pass an immigration bill that focuses solely on preventing immigrants from entering the country illegally and getting jobs. The House passed a bill along those lines, but the Senate's version combines border security with a guest-worker program and a path to citizenship for some of the estimated 12 million undocumented workers in the U.S.

Many Republicans think the Senate bill would reward people for breaking the law.

Pence, the leader of an influential group of House conservatives, suggested his own plan last month that he thinks gets around the amnesty issue by requiring immigrants to leave the country before they can apply for legal residency.
    reporter Maureen Groppe at (202) 906-8118 or at mgroppe@gns.gannett.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Pence
    "He said that he wanted me to be encouraged in what I was doing, whether he agreed with every element or not," Pence said.
    He makes President Bush sound like some wise guru or something !!

Let me tell you if they think driving across the border, turning around and coming back works for US, they're CRAZY.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

None the less, at least he sees that we cannot do things in accordance to some Bush/Fox or McCain/Kennedy plan.

NO WAY PRESIDENT BUSH !!! YOU'LL NEVER GET THAT OUT OF US.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

How about we accept this lame-brain plan Pence put up. All the illegals go to the other side and about a million or so American citizens set up camp on the borders (southern and northern) right after they leave and refuse to let them back in. While we have a million people barricading the borders the rest can be rounding up the illegals from all the other countries and getting them back where they belong.

I can dream can't I.

dlm1968,

"If you are not able to dream, you were born dead" - Blaise Pascal.

Of course he's taking "interest" in Pence's plan.........it was a set up from the beginning and Pence is the point man just like he's been on other issues.

The Prez must have Pence "up to the house for dinner". Pence's plan is just another tricky little back door amnesty.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn