Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bush's agenda could live or die with trade agreement

http://www.thehill.com/thehill/export/T ... /bush.html

Bush's agenda could live or die with trade agreement
    By Bob Cusack

The passage or demise of the Central America Free Trade Agreement (CAFTA) will likely be a defining moment of the 109th Congress.

The trade issue’s outcome will show how much influence President Bush holds with the Republican-led Congress at the outset of his second term and could reveal a clear-cut winner in the intense battle between GOP and Democratic leaders in the House over the merits of the controversial trade pact.

Unless a side deal is struck that attracts the support of some members, the floor vote on CAFTA is likely to come down to a few votes. Whichever side wins the showdown will seize political momentum that could have a ripple effect on the rest of the president’s agenda.

CAFTA’s success “is crucial to the success of the Bush administration,� said Howard Wiarda, head of the department of international affairs at the University of Georgia. “Everything on Bush’s agenda, including Social Security and the Supreme Court, hangs on� CAFTA’s passing.

He added, “If CAFTA goes down, that would confirm for the opposition that he’s a lame-duck president.�

Lawmakers return this week amid constant chatter about the looming Supreme Court battle, but for the House the issue of the month is CAFTA â€â€
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Work hard everyone and call all of the Representatives you can possibly call.

CAFTA is such a Bad News Bear....IT MUST BE DEFEATED.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Judy,
    First, I ask them if they support it, if they say yes, I tell them a Yes vote on CAFTA will result in a NO Vote for them on Election Day.

If they say they oppose it I ask them not to accept any deals to persuade them to change their minds.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Outstanding JP!! Everyone follow JP's tactics here. Right up until the vote on CAFTA in the Senate, Richard Burr's office told me repeatedly and many others that he was voting NO on CAFTA....then he voted YES. A trickster, a liar, a great disappointment that one.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Speaking of that Traitor, Burr--would you believe that I just got my response to the letter I wrote him urging him to vote AGAINST CAFTA on MONDAY of THIS week!! In it, he said that he would NOT BE VOTING FOR it in its current form!!!! I almost laughed! ALMOST. Then I saved it in my file of candidates who I will vote AGAINST. LIAR, LIAR, LIAR.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

The President BOUGHT his vote with SOMETHING....paid for with American Tax Payer Dollars!!

THAT should be ILLEGAL!!

Using our money to sway votes against US!!

Whew!!

"only in America"

That crap is gonna change!

You know, they think that we will forget this come election day. But they are sadly mistaken.

I suggest that you call all of your reps in your state and then post the results under federal Legislation to oppose here.
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-5265.html

The more we can reach the better:

I just posted an urgent notice under "new topics". It was from NumbersUSA and they are going to sneak in new amendments to the Homeland Security bill today or tomorrow. Roy Beck of NumbersUSA was urging all members to call their Senators and use the talking points to urge our Senators on the issues and their votes.

I went on to the NumbersUSA website to get the phone numbers of my representatives and noticed something I haven't noticed on the site before. They have report cards for each Senator. Guess how the ones from North Carolina scored?? Burr- B; Dole- C; Howard Coble- A+. Burr's and Dole's have fallen!

I called both Burr and Dole and it didn't take two minutes. Staffers were very helpful.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton