Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Bush's Booze Crisis After Katrina

Could be questionable story due to the source.

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebrity/63426

BUSH'S BOOZE CRISIS

By JENNIFER LUCE and DON GENTILE

Faced with the biggest crisis of his political life, President Bush has hit the bottle again, The National Enquirer can reveal.

Bush, who said he quit drinking the morning after his 40th birthday, has started boozing amid the Katrina catastrophe.

Family sources have told how the 59-year-old president was caught by First Lady Laura downing a shot of booze at their family ranch in Crawford, Texas, when he learned of the hurricane disaster.

His worried wife yelled at him: "Stop, George."

Following the shocking incident, disclosed here for the first time, Laura privately warned her husband against "falling off the wagon" and vowed to travel with him more often so that she can keep an eye on Dubya, the sources add.

"When the levees broke in New Orleans, it apparently made him reach for a shot," said one insider. "He poured himself a Texas-sized shot of straight whiskey and tossed it back. The First Lady was shocked and shouted: "Stop George!"

"Laura gave him an ultimatum before, 'It's Jim Beam or me.' She doesn't want to replay that nightmare â€â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

God I love the National Enquirer

I hate to say it but I believe the article.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I know a person who brokers stories to the tabloids. She told me that these stories have to go through a team of lawyers before they ever see the light of day. Just making something up would be a gauranteed lawsuit. You have to read the copy carefully to see what they're really saying though, the tabs can be very artful about how they word things--they can give the impression that, say, a celebrity is gay without actually saying it directly. So anyway--the moral to the story is that they can't just make things up like they did in the 70's. Carol Burnett sued them successfully back then and almost bankrupted them.

I dont doubt it for one minute.

I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Didn't the Enquirer break a couple of big stories that were legitimate? I sort of remember they uncovered something but I forgot what it was.

I would figure if the Bush article is not true they would be in some hot water since they claim he recently was drinking. However, most of the article goes into past history, and they didn't mention if he was intoxicated.

This was just like the article that came out about Bush losing his cool cursing in the White House and flipping off reporters a couple of weeks ago. I hope this is true. Please Bush get back on the bottle and drink yourself into oblivion. In fact do something really stupid while your drunk. The lower this clown goes, the greater chance their is that he will be impeached and that would just make my year. While your at it Bush, snort some Mexican made cocaine too. Just goes to show you how pathetic this human waste really is.

I love it. This imbecile is getting more and more exposed in the public eye. You can run, but you can't hide.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

hmmm.

Someone told me that they read in a tabloid that George Bush was going to rename all the states !! Now that one, I really laughed about. This one, I'd say doubtful, but being president must be getting super hard now. Pressure is on, that's for sure, and it doesn't appear to be about to let up for a long time. All he has to do, is do the right things, and it would take a LOT of pressure off of him. He should just go by the book, and do what is right. It's pretty simple actually. Most of the things happening have a pretty logical answer to help resolve the problem. He should use the US Constitution and act accordingly.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yes the Enquirer broke several huge stories--they were the ones who found the photos of OJ Simpson wearing the Bruno Mali shoes which (amongst 1000 others things) put him at the crime scene. They also broke the story of Burke Ramsey being in the background of the 911 call Patsy made to police the morning of Jonebenet's murder. The NY Times called the National Enquirer the "reporter of note" on the OJ Simpson trial and they were right.

As far as a story on Bush renaming all the states--that sounds like something from the JOKE tabloid The Weekly World News. That paper is hilarious! They're the ones who write about bigfoot and UFO's and Elvis still being alive. The Star, The Enquirer and the Globe are not joke papers--in fact if you read celebrity autobiographies, you will read time and again about the tabloids getting the goods on them--of course the embassassed celebs scream that they're all lies, but nine times out of ten, they are right on the mark.

We are living in jaded times. Thirty years ago if a person saw, say, Bush getting drunk, they'd go to Dan Rather and tell their story for free. These days they'd go to the Globe and make a quick $20K. It's true.

Sooooo do the tabloids sometimes get things wrong? Yes. Do the screaming headlines usually promise more than the stories deliver? Yeah, usually. Are they mean? Hell yeah.

I can tell you after following several huge True Crime cases over the last ten years, I can tell you the tabloids were dead on about 80% of the time.

idea

Before this president makes any more pitiful "decisions" we as citizens should demand that he urinate in a cup, so as to be tested for illegal substances.

If it is a requirement for the postman, then why not this federal employee? After any accident involving actions by an employee which results in injury or damage, testingis MANDATORY!!

Not that I agree with p testing, prior to any infraction, but as always apply the LAW!! cheers glenn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast