Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bush's job approval falls to 35 percent

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/view.php?S ... 0702-9779r

Bush's job approval falls to 35 percent

NEW YORK, Nov. 3 (UPI) -- U.S. President George Bush's job approval rating has reached a low of 35 percent in a CBS News poll published Thursday.

The network cited the U.S. service personnel death toll surpassing 2,000 in Iraq, an indictment in the leak of a CIA agent's name, the aborted Supreme Court nomination of Harriet Miers and the hobbled federal response to Hurricane Katrina as reasons for the plunge in support, which also showed 57 percent of those questioned disapproving of Bush's leadership.

The only recent president lower at this point in his second term was Richard Nixon.

Vice President Dick Cheney has never been as popular as the president in polls, but his favorable rating is down 9 points this year to 19 percent, and Congress has 34 percent approval.

The nationwide poll was conducted by telephone from a random sample of 936 adults Oct. 30-Nov. 1. The poll has a 3-percentage-point margin of error.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Bush's Approval Rating Drops to 39 Percent in Zogby Poll

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid= ... world_news

Bush's Approval Rating Drops to 39 Percent in Zogby Poll

Nov. 3 (Bloomberg) -- President George W. Bush's job approval rating fell to 39 percent, the lowest number since he took office, in a Zogby International poll taken after the indictment of an administration adviser in the CIA leak case and the withdrawal of another aide as a Supreme Court nominee.

The number is down from two weeks ago, when 45 percent of U.S. adults said they approved of the job Bush was doing. Public approval of Bush's leadership had been on the rebound since hitting a low after criticism of the government's slow reaction to Hurricane Katrina in the first week of September.

``The 39 percent job performance is the lowest we have registered so far for Mr. Bush,'' pollster John Zogby said in a statement. ``Behind those numbers are some troubling trends for his party.''

The approval rating number is in line with other recent polls by USA Today/CNN/Gallup, the Washington Post/ABC News

The latest poll was conducted after Harriet Miers was withdrawn as Bush's nominee to the Supreme Court, I. Lewis Libby, Vice President Dick Cheney's former chief of staff, was indicted on obstruction of justice and perjury charges and the number of U.S. military deaths in Iraq passed 2,000.

Thirty-seven percent of adults said the U.S. is heading in the right direction, a drop of 8 percentage points from a Zogby poll two weeks earlier, according to data on the firm's Web site.

Zogby said the president's rating may affect support for other Republican candidates. Bush's approval rating dropped below 50 percent among key demographic groups that have supported him and other Republicans in the past, such as NASCAR fans, gun owners, those who attend church regularly and married voters, Zogby said. Seventy-two percent of self-described conservatives said they supported Bush, the lowest level of support recorded for that group.

The Zogby poll was conducted by telephone Oct. 29-Nov. 2 and has a margin of error of plus or minus 3.4 percentage points.

To contact the reporter on this story:
    William Roberts in Washington at wroberts@bloomberg.net

Last Updated: November 3, 2005 14:54 EST
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

I'm waiting with bated breath for the one that says ZERO!!!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

I wish they would call me on one of those polls. I would love to tell them it's ILLEAGL IMMIGRATIONS thats causing his low numbers
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I would like to tell them what kind of a bush I think he is
    "I can because I will, I will because I can" ME

Re: Bush's job approval falls to 35 percent

What's the matter with Cheney? I never realized he was so low in the polls.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueAmerican

He is a bush man as welkl. I will leave at that.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueAmerican
    Guilt by association
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Bootsie
    I'm waiting with bated breath for the one that says ZERO!!!
    Me too! Bush already rates a big fat ZERO in my opinion!
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

Listen up, Private Bush! Look inside your knapsack!! There is a parachute in there!! It has "UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION" written on it

The instructions on how to use it are clearly written for you in ENGLISH !!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast