Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

CA-2 Letters from Senator Barbara Boxer

From: "senator@boxer.senate.gov" <senator@boxer.senate.gov>
    To: ********@*****.com

Dear Friend:

Thank you for writing to me about illegal immigration and the need for improved enforcement of our immigration laws. I appreciate hearing your views on this important matter.

I am committed to strengthening our government's ability to secure our borders and enforce our immigration laws.

In the last Congress I was proud to be an original co-sponsor of S.2587, the SCAAP (State Criminal Alien Assistance Program) Reimbursement Protection Act, and S.2588, the Ensure Timely SCAAP Reimbursement Act. I have long been a strong supporter of SCAAP, which was established to reimburse states and localities for certain costs associated with incarcerating illegal immigrants.

I am also working to strengthen the enforcement of our immigration laws through an overhaul of our failing immigration system. In the last Congress, the Senate considered a bill to reform America's immigration system. After weeks of negotiations and debate, the Senate voted against moving the bill forward. In the current Congress, S.9 has been introduced in order to begin the discussion on how to reform an immigration system that everyone agrees is broken.

I believe our immigration problems will only get worse unless we work together to resolve them. Be assured that I will continue to fight to improve our immigration system in a manner that strengthens our border security, reduces illegal immigration, and protects American workers in this time of economic uncertainty.

Again, thank you for writing to me. Please feel free to contact me again about this or any other issue of concern to you.

Barbara Boxer
    United States Senator

Letter #2:

Dear Friend:

Thank you for writing to me to express your opposition to S.9, the Stronger Economy, Stronger Borders Act of 2009. I appreciate hearing from you.

In the last Congress, the Senate considered a bill to reform America 's immigration system. After weeks of negotiations and debate, the Senate voted against moving the bill forward. In the current Congress, S.9 has been introduced in order to begin the discussion on how to reform an immigration system that everyone agrees is broken.

I believe our immigration problems will only get worse unless we work together to resolve them. Be assured that I will continue to fight to improve our immigration system in a manner that strengthens our border security, reduces illegal immigration, and protects American workers in this time of economic uncertainty.

Again, thank you for writing to me. Please feel free to contact me again about this or any other issue of concern to you.

Barbara Boxer
    United States Senator

[b]Michelle Malkin Article on Harry Reid's "Shamnesty" Bill, S. 9 Posted on January 8, 2009:

Harry Reid’s shamnesty stand: Senate Bill 9 will tear down the border “wallâ€

Sentator Boxer needs to be voted out of office.
    She is up for re-election in 2010.

If we can hang on we might just get to elect her out of office - I understand her approval ratings have been dropping.