Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa joined Bratton at an afternoon news conference to discuss the latest shooting. He noted how there had been several apparently unprovoked gang attacks in recent weeks.

"What's been particularly disturbing is the sensational nature of some of these incidents," Villaraigosa said. "It was people minding their own business. . . . That's what causes even more concern. This wasn't a gang battle."
    Mayor Antonio Villa Racist is not going to do anything about this no matter how bad it gets. The perpetrators are members of his raza so he will consider whatever they do perfectly acceptable.

2 held in shooting of 6-year-old boy
    Daily News Wire Services
    Article Last Updated: 03/05/2008 10:18:03 AM PST

Police this morning said two suspects were being held in connection with shooting and critically wounding a 6-year-old boy who was riding in an SUV in the Harbor Gateway area at 12:30 p.m. Tuesday.

Police are expected to release details at a press conference set for 11:30 a.m.

The violence broke out near 227th Street and Halldale Avenue around 12:30 p.m. yesterday, Los Angeles police Chief William Bratton said.

Three adults and three children -- all black -- were in the SUV being driven along Halldale when two Latino men standing along the road flashed gang signs at the vehicle, then fired several shots, Bratton said. One round struck a 6-year-old boy in the head.

The family was apparently driving through the area to purchase a vehicle, said Officer Anna Aguirre of the LAPD'S media relations unit.

The driver of the SUV kept going but when the other occupants realized the boy had been shot, he pulled over and someone called for help. Paramedics rushed to the 22300 block of South Western Avenue to treat the victim, said Los Angeles Fire Department spokesman Brian Humphrey.

The boy was rushed to Los Angeles County Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, where he was listed in critical but stable condition.

Aside from the 6-year-old victim, the people in the SUV included a 3- year-old, an 18-month-old, one man and two women, one of them six months pregnant. The vehicle's occupants were not residents of the Harbor Gateway neighborhood, Bratton said.
    After the shooting, police cordoned off a roughly two-block area bounded by 226th and 228th streets between Halldale and Denker avenues in search of the two gunmen, but no arrests were made.

While it was unknown who the suspects arrested were, police earlier described them as Hispanic men in their 20s. One was heavyset, wearing a white T-shirt and black plants. The second man had a shaved head and possibly a mustache and was last seen wearing blue jeans and riding a racing bicycle.

"This is an area that is under the influence of a Latino gang ... and you may recall that about a year or so ago the mayor and I were engaged in a major initiative up the street at 204th Street, where there had been the shooting death of a young black woman," Bratton said, referring to the killing of 14-year-old Cheryl Green.

Following yesterday's attack, some neighborhood residents said they live in constant fear of gang violence.

"We worry about our security here," Josefina Salazar, a mother of two, told the Times.

"But rent is so high there's no option to go anywhere else."

A three-year resident in the neighborhood, who did not want to be identified, described the area as "gang infested".

"This place has no laws," he told the Times, adding that police "never come to protect. They come to collect the dead."

Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa condemned the shooting.

"Our hearts and prayers are with the family (of the 6-year-old boy) at this time, with the community that has suffered a lot over the last few years -- a community of good people, hard-working people, people who want safety for the children in the neighborhood," said the mayor, appearing at a streetside news conference with Bratton.

"All I can say is I trust that the men and women of the LAPD are going to work as hard as they can work around the clock to bring these individuals to justice."

Villaraigosa decried the recent rash of shootings in the city, including in South Los Angeles and Arlington Heights.

Last week a Gardena gang member opened fire at a South Los Angeles bus stop and wounded eight people, including five children. On Monday, a 24-year- old man believed to be responsible for the attacks was charged with 15 felonies.

On Saturday afternoon, Santos Turcios, 42, and his son Alan Turcios, 20, were in South Los Angeles when they were confronted by a male assailant who, for unknown reasons, opened fire, killing both of them.

On Sunday night, Jamiel Andre Shaw, a 17-year-old Los Angeles High School football star, was gunned down by two Latino gang members in an unprovoked attack just a few yards away from his home in Arlington Heights.

http://origin.dailynews.com/breakingnews/ci_8461641
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

How long to you think it will take to "give up" the id's of the men OR their citizenship status?
    From the Border Movie:

I will not sell my country out ~ I WILL NOT!
    I'd like to see that pride back in AMERICA!!!

Suspects Arrested in Harbor Gateway Shooting
    March 5, 2008, 4:19 PM PST

Two men who were allegedly involved in a Harbor Gateway-area shooting that left a 6-year-old boy on life support with a bullet wound to the head were arrested early today, Los Angeles police Chief William Bratton said.

"We are very confident that we have the people who were involved in the actual shooting in custody," Bratton said at a midday news conference, flanked by a number of other leaders, including Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, City Councilwoman Janice Hahn and City Attorney Rocky Delgadillo.

The arrests followed an intensive manhunt for two suspected Latino gang members who opened fire on an SUV in the Harbor Gateway area in the latest in a series of high-profile shootings in the city. The violence occurred near 227th Street and Halldale Avenue around 12:30 p.m. yesterday.

Three adults and three children -- all black -- were in the SUV being driven along Halldale when two Latino men standing along the road flashed gang signs at the vehicle, then fired several shots, police said. One round struck a 6-year-old boy in the head.

LAPD Capt. William Hayes of the Harbor Division said police "conducted an extensive canvass of the neighborhood and were able to locate witnesses to the shooting that gave us information that led us to the identities of the individuals who were involved."

"Those two individuals were male Hispanics, one 25 years old, one 26 years old," Hayes said. "Based on that information, we were able to secure search warrants from the court systems and (serve) those search warrants at 5:30 this morning. At that time both suspects were taken into custody.

"The investigation has been continuing since then to follow up with additional information necessary for the prosecution of the case, and currently the two individuals are being booked into 77th (Station) jail for the charges of attempted murder and we will (work) with the district attorney as to additional filings that may be appropriate," Hayes said.

The names of the suspects were not immediately released. One is a member of East Side Torrance gang, and the other is probably a gang associate, Hayes said. He said the weapon, believed to be a handgun, used in the shooting had not yet been recovered.

Detectives were working to determine if the shooting was racially motivated, Bratton said.

"If the circumstances warrant it, we would certainly seek to forward hate crime charges at the county, state or federal level -- whichever one would be more appropriate or punitive," Bratton said. "It's still too early to confirm that the issue of bias might have been involved. That's what we're still working on."

The family was apparently driving through the area yesterday to purchase a vehicle, said Officer Ana Aguirre of the LAPD'S media relations unit.

After the shooting, the driver of the SUV kept going but when the other occupants realized the boy had been shot, he pulled over and someone called for help. Paramedics rushed to the 22300 block of South Western Avenue to treat the victim, said Los Angeles Fire Department spokesman Brian Humphrey.

The boy was rushed to Los Angeles County Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, where he was listed in critical but stable condition. He was on life-support today, Villaraigosa said.

Aside from the 6-year-old victim, the people in the SUV included a 3- year-old, an 18-month-old, one man and two women, one of them six months pregnant. The vehicle's occupants were not residents of the Harbor Gateway neighborhood, Bratton said.

Today's news conference to announce the arrests was held at the end of a three-day International Chiefs of Police Summit on Transnational Gangs.

"It's fitting that we end a conference ... for ending the scourge of gang and gun violence with the announcement that two suspects in yesterday's shooting of a 6-year-old boy ... have been caught and arrested," Villaraigosa said.

"I want to thank the LAPD detectives and the chief for this fast response and quick action. We said yesterday we were going to do everything possible to find the people who did this and we did. We sent a message that no crime in this city is acceptable, no indiscriminate shooting motivated by hate, gang intimidation will be tolerated."

Last week a Gardena gang member opened fire at a South Los Angeles bus stop and wounded eight people, including five children. On Monday, a 24-year- old man believed to be responsible for the attacks was charged with 15 felonies.

On Saturday afternoon, Santos Turcios, 42, and his son Alan Turcios, 20, were in South Los Angeles when they were confronted by a male assailant who, for unknown reasons, opened fire, killing both of them.

On Sunday night, Jamiel Andre Shaw, a 17-year-old Los Angeles High School football star, was gunned down by two Latino gang members in an unprovoked attack just a few yards away from his home in Arlington Heights.

http://ktla.trb.com/news/ktla-boyshot,0,4835383.story
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ahh the names were not released. Wanna bet they're illegal aliens? The trend seems to be never to immediately release the names of illegal aliens.

Where's the outrage? Where are ya Jesse? Al? Oprah? Barak? Why aren't you organizing marches for this and other hate crimes against blacks by latino gang members?

Your silence speaks volumes!
    "

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    Ahh the names were not released. Wanna bet they're illegal aliens? The trend seems to be never to immediately release the names of illegal aliens.

Where's the outrage? Where are ya Jesse? Al? Oprah? Barak? Why aren't you organizing marches for this and other hate crimes against blacks by latino gang members?

My guess is Al and the gang are sipping fine cognac on a far away island. Surely if they were here they'd have SOMETHING to say about this. The msm is so afraid of being called racist, they sometimes give descriptions as vague as " ...suspect is described as 5' 6" last seen wearing a blue tshirt and driving a white van." We are being sold down the river folks.

I ranted about this yesterday but I guess b/c I didn't have a link
    my post was pulled.

This story just breaks my heart. This little boy was minding HIS
    business & these COWARDS attack him and his family.

LAPD chief of police is big time denying it's race related. WHAT ELSE COULD IT BE??? This baby was the wrong race PERIOD. These low lifes want to TAKE OVER California and are killing all the blacks that live or even DRIVE through these areas. I am so happy to be leaving this pissy state in a few weeks. I am disgusted. I used to love this state but now there is so much HATE in my heart ( and it hurts) towards what California has become. My pressure goes up and I start getting palpitations b/c the BAD guys are winning. Once they've taken over California the rest of the U.S. better watch out!
    Always aim at complete harmony of thought and word and deed.
    Always aim at purifying your thoughts and everything will be well.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina

Great point miguelina.....where are all of these leaders of the black community? Where is the outrage from all of them? Is Oprah going to devote a show to this the way she devoted one to Obama? Is Obama still willing to state publicly that Latino illegals are not having a detrimental effect on the black community?

This is just disgusting........another innocent targeted for no reason except hate. My heart and prayers go out to that poor little boy.

The scary part is knowing that it won't be long until the illegal alien hispanics start picking off the rest of us for whatever reason they deem necessary.

Kevin James on KRLA is talking about this now

How many more American lives are going to be sacrificed before our lame government wake up? I feel so bad for this little boy and his family. They need to deport every Latino gang member residing in that neighborhood. Enough is Enough.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12