Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

CA: Illegal Immigrants Found In Truck Engine

Illegal Immigrants Found In Truck Engine

Associated Press - June 28, 2007 12:24 PM ET

OTAY MESA, Calif. (AP) - Customs and Border Patrol officers made a surprising discovery in the engine compartment of a white Ford pickup truck at the Otay Mesa border crossing earlier this week -- three undocumented Mexican citizens hiding under the hood.

A dog alerted officers to the hood of the Ford F-250.

It was wired shut, so officers had to use a crowbar to open the hood, and found two women and a man inside.

1 of the women sustained burns to her arm, abdominal area and leg during the trip, and was transported to a hospital.

The driver was charged with alien smuggling and the vehicle was seized.

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

http://www.ksby.com/Global/story.asp?S=6723243

Geez...can you spell "d e s p e r a t i o n"?

And why does the U.S. have to provide medical treatment for these ingrates when they injure themselves attempting to sneak into the U.S.? If it's not life or death...why can't we send them back to Mexico and let the Mexican government treat them?
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Quote Originally Posted by americangirl
    Geez...can you spell "d e s p e r a t i o n"?

And why does the U.S. have to provide medical treatment for these ingrates when they injure themselves attempting to sneak into the U.S.? If it's not life or death...why can't we send them back to Mexico and let the Mexican government treat them?
    I agree. Especially since they were caught right at the border, not out in the desert. They should have just told her walk back to Mexico and seek medical treatment. But they aren't even arrested for child abuse or neglect when they're found crossing the desert in 100+ degree weather with kids. (And it gets HOT here in AZ, attempted murder is what they should be charged with, especially so-called loving mothers who hand their kids over to strangers to walk them through)
    I can't imagine being stupid enough to climb into the engine area of a truck, I don't care how short the ride was. Do we really need people who make decisions like that living and working here? I hope she wasn't planning on making an anchor baby here. Can you imagine what type of mother she would make?