Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

CA. Letters: Fed up with immigration activism

Published: July 30, 2010
    Updated: 2:58 p.m.

Letters: Fed up with immigration activism

THE ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER

The Mexican government and the activists believe that U.S. citizens should be happy to absorb these costs.
    How does reality sound?

Art Anderson
    Cypress
    ------------------

Deportation alternative

Some people are upset because of Arizona's attempt to comply with the federal laws against illegal immigration; they say it discriminates against Mexicans. Federal immigration officials will not take custody of criminal aliens and people unless they pose the greatest threat to communities. Many "non-violent" criminals are avoiding jail sentences because our jails are overcrowded.

I have a solution. Let's deport to Mexico all convicted criminals who pose a threat to our communities without regard to nationality or legal status; that way no one can say we are singling out Mexicans.

Our jails will not be overcrowded so "non-violent criminals" will not be turned loose onto our streets to commit other crimes. Budgetary problems should be lessened since we are not supporting life-long criminals and our neighborhoods will be a lot safer because the criminals will be off the streets. If this occurs, everyone should be happy.

Susan Ann Barry
    Garden Grove
    -----------------------------

Immigration conundrums

Several years ago a friend of mine employed a nanny for her children who was here illegally from Mexico. Maria became like a member of my friend's family, caring for and loving her two small boys for several years. She came to work with a smile on her face and love in her heart. She would light up the house for those around her and it was obvious she was excited to be here living and working. She was a kind and gentle soul.

At the same time my friend and I had conversations about the illegal immigration problem and the toll it was taking on our country. The cost of caring for illegals: hospitals, schools, police enforcement and all the other things that are such an unfair burden on America. One day my friend and I got more and more frustrated as we talked. Finally my friend blurted out "We should just send them all back"!

After she thought for a minute, she said "all except Maria." I chimed in and agreed, "Yes, all except Maria." So, in that moment we solved the entire illegal immigration problem. Well, all except for Maria.

L. Robert Jones
    Newport Beach
    -----------------------

Proof of citizenship

It seems the crux of the issue surrounding the Arizona immigration law has to do with racial profiling. Opponents of the law claim that it is discriminatory and a violation of civil rights to require immigrants to carry documentation proving their legal status; and that Hispanics will be singled out as a result of racial profiling.

The easy solution is two-fold. Make it a requirement that everyone carry the necessary documentation proving either citizenship or legal immigration status. And change police procedures to require documentation from all people who are stopped for any level of police activity. Issue a wallet-size birth certificate.

I'd proudly carry evidence of my U.S. citizenship.

Dave D'Altorio
    Mission Viejo

Best job for illegals?

If illegals do the jobs Americans won't do, perhaps we should hire them to help seal our border.

Mark Selleck
    Tustin
    -------------------------------

Equality under the law

If illegal immigrants are not required by state law to provide documentation when stopped by police, should American citizens stop carrying their ID's and/or drivers licenses? If identification is required for citizens, the law should apply to all.

Leticia Rodriguez
    Anaheim

The amnesty precedent

It seems Register readers are upset with illegal Mexican immigrants in this country. President George W. Bush had a plan for handling this problem right out of Republican patron Saint Ronald Wilson Reagan's playbook: "Amnesty citizenship."

Wasn't it Ronnie and the Republicans making a deal for votes and cheap labor (The Republican Party's No. 1 priority) that gave amnesty and citizenship to 5 million illegal Mexicans, which set a precedent in American courts so all Mexicans who manage to cross our borders and settle in this great country would hold out hope for another amnesty?

Their very compelling arguments would not sound so hypocritical if these patriots would have spoken up when the GOP had control of Congress and the presidency.

Bill Yoak
    Garden Grove
    -----------------------------------

WRITE A LETTER TO THE EDITOR
    Letters to the Editor: E-mail to letters@ocregister.com . Please provide your name and telephone number (telephone numbers will not be published). Letters of about 200 words will be given preference. Letters will be edited for length, grammar and clarity.

http://www.ocregister.com/opinion/illeg ... izens.html
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

these are all really good letters

Left this one out:

Let's reframe the issue of illegal immigration in terms of activist demands:

•The Mexican government demands that the United States keeps the Mexican citizens who are illegal immigrants in the United States so they can continue to send Mexico $10 billion.
    Article Tab : sheriff-immigration-demon
    Maricopa County sheriff's deputies arrest a demonstrator in front of Sheriff Joe Arpaio's office during a protest to Arizona's SB1070 immigration-enforcement law Thursday, July 29, 2010 in Phoenix.

•The Mexican government demands that the United States keeps Mexican citizens who are illegal immigrants in the United States because Mexico cannot provide jobs for them.

• Activists demand open borders so as many illegal immigrants who want to can enter the United States.

•Activists demand that U.S. citizens continue to spend $99 trillion per year of taxpayer money on our illegal immigrants or $980 per U.S. citizen per year.

•Activists demand that people stop worrying about the crime imported with illegal immigrants.

•Activists demand that the United States grants illegal immigrants amnesty and a path to citizenship so they can represent these immigrants and advance their political agenda.

•Activists demand that illegal immigrants be allowed to take job opportunities from the U.S. citizens who are in the lowest economic strata and teenagers of poor, minority legal citizens. They demand all of this because they believe they are entitled to it because the United States is a rich country.

The Mexican government and the activists believe that U.S. citizens should be happy to absorb these costs.

How does reality sound?

Art Anderson
    Cypress
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Best job for illegals?

If illegals do the jobs Americans won't do, perhaps we should hire them to help seal our border.

Mark Selleck
    Tustin
    -------------------------------

Equality under the law

If illegal immigrants are not required by state law to provide documentation when stopped by police, should American citizens stop carrying their ID's and/or drivers licenses? If identification is required for citizens, the law should apply to all.

Leticia Rodriguez
    Anaheim

Well knock me over with a feather, there is intelligent life in CA after all. Who knew?

Quote Originally Posted by KateH
    Well knock me over with a feather, there is intelligent life in CA after all. Who knew?
    California was the first state to try to do anything about illegal immigration in a major way with Prop. 187 back in 1994 before most of you even knew there was an immigration problem. But the federal court blocked it and the new Democrat governor wouldn't defend it in the Supreme Court.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California ... _187_(1994)
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2
    California was the first state to try to do anything about illegal immigration in a major way with Prop. 187 back in 1994 before most of you even knew there was an immigration problem. But the federal court blocked it and the new Democrat governor wouldn't defend it in the Supreme Court.

Ditto!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2

Ditto!
    Ditto ditto!

Please keep in mind many many members here are from California.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn