Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

CA: New immigration team makes 175 O.C. arrests

Comments are being left after this story at the source link.

~~~~~

Friday, June 22, 2007
    New immigration team makes 175 O.C. arrests
    The week-long operation marks the start of a team focused on tracking down illegal immigrants who avoid court orders leave.
    By AMY TAXIN
    The Orange County Register
    SANTA ANAImmigration agents arrested 175 people this week in Orange County in an operation aimed tracking down illegal immigrants who skirt court orders to leave the country.

Revealed to the public today, it was the first action taken by a new seven-member Orange County fugitive operations team whose primary goal is to find and arrest undocumented immigrants who fail to leave when told or re-enter the country illegally after they were previously removed by authorities.

In the hours before dawn Tuesday, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents wearing T-shirts over bulletproof vests huddled in a parking lot in downtown Santa Ana. An agent pulled out a list of "targets" the team would try to find -- a convicted rapist, a woman convicted of child cruelty and a man who was issued a bench warrant after failing to pay his traffic tickets.

"By deploying this team in Orange County, we can continue to enhance the public safety in Orange County," said Jim Hayes, ICE field office director for greater Los Angeles.

The week-long operation drew mixed reactions in Santa Ana's densely packed neighborhoods. Residents welcomed ICE's efforts to rid the area of criminals but shuddered when their loved ones – many without criminal records -- were arrested in the process.

Of the 175 arrests in 13 cities across Orange County, 27 people had criminal records and 26 were people who had ignored deportation orders, according to ICE.

Rocio Martinez said her husband was arrested by ICE agents Monday, leaving her alone to care for her two young children in Santa Ana. He was convicted a few years ago of making and using fake identification but had no outstanding deportation order, according to ICE.

"Why don't they take the drug dealers and the thieves?" Martinez said. "We work and I pay taxes and I don't know why people who do bad things in this country and mock the justice system can get away with it."

The arrests are part of a nationwide ICE initiative dubbed "Operation Cross Check", which aims to reduce the number of people who fail to heed court orders to deport. Hayes said the number of people skirting their deportation orders fell for the first time ever in the last eight months to 632,189. For three years, the population grew by more than 5,000 a month.

ICE now has five fugitive operations teams in the greater Los Angeles area, including the one in Orange County.

According to statistics from the Executive Office for Immigration Review – which oversees the country's immigration courts – judges issued deportation orders for 220,057 immigrants during the last fiscal year. About four times out of 10, immigrants failed to attend court when a judge ruled on their cases, according to EOIR.

Santa ana, Anaheim, Irvine, garden grove, Tustin, Huntington beach, costa mesa, Buena park, placentia, fullerton, brea, orange, westminster

http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/ho ... 741263.php
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Rocio Martinez said her husband was arrested by ICE agents Monday, leaving her alone to care for her two young children in Santa Ana. He was convicted a few years ago of making and using fake identification but had no outstanding deportation order, according to ICE.

"Why don't they take the drug dealers and the thieves?" Martinez said. "We work and I pay taxes and I don't know why people who do bad things in this country and mock the justice system can get away with it."
    How ignorant do you have to be to make a statement like this after your husband is convicted of making and using false documents?

Rocio Martinez is in bad need of a reality check.
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>

Quote Originally Posted by pjr40
    Rocio Martinez is in bad need of a reality check.

Sorry, I don't think a reality check would do any good. How about a brain transplant from someone who has just a little bit of common sense with the ability to connect the dots? It's obvious this woman is totally illiterate and ignorant to boot. The scarey part is there are millions of them here with the same IQ demanding amnesty.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

Quote Originally Posted by htxpert

How ignorant do you have to be to make a statement like this after your husband is convicted of making and using false documents?

Evidently, some crimes, such as forging documents, must be a perfectly acceptable way to make a living.

Anybody notice the "we work and we pay taxes" rhetoric? Talk about brainwashed.!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

They arrest 175 people and think they really did something, they didn't need to go to all those towns to find them. they need to start in one town and say we are coming after you, either go home or we will take you home. Start a sweep right across town, from one town to the next.
    But 175 people is only a drop in a horse trough!! Going to have to do better than that ICE, we are not falling for it!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    GET INVOLVED NOW! TIMES RUNNING OUT!!
    .................................................. .................................................. .......
    COME ON EVERYONE WE NEED YOUR HELP NOW! "BILL 1639" STOP IT !!
    "JOIN OUR FOCUS CAMPAIGN"
    HELP SAVE OUR COUNTRY FROM THIS INVASION! OK LOOKIE LOU'S YES YOU!!
    join in on the CALLS, FAXES AND E-MAILS TO OUR SENATORS!!
    "FOCUS CAMPAIGN" DAILY INSTRUCTIONS AND POSTING THREAD LINK BELOW!
    Leave posts so we know what they are saying!
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=70455
    ALL CONTACT INFORMATION.....Senators, news, radio, ETC.
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=68216
    Your contributions are welcome, help keep ALIPAC afloat and fighting!
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=C ... page&pid=9
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)