Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

CA: New Mexican Consul coming to Santa Ana

Santa Ana is Mexico!
    ~~
    Friday, January 11, 2008
    New Mexican Consul coming to Santa Ana
    Career diplomat replaces populist consul
    By NORBERTO SANTANA JR.
    The Orange County Register

Mexican government officials are signaling a more active political presence in Orange County with the appointment of a career diplomat as the new Consul based in Santa Ana.

"Naming a senior diplomatic officer speaks to the importance that the government of Mexico places on the community of Orange County and the heightened level of interaction that it will expect to have with local authorities and congressional representatives," said Deputy Mexican Consul Manuel Herrera-Rabago in a Friday interview.

Carlos Rodriguez y Quezada, a Foreign Service officer since 1969, will replace outgoing Consul Luis Miguel Ortiz Haro by mid-February.

Rodriguez y Quezada will be stepping into one of the nation's fiercest centers of activism regarding illegal immigration matters with a host of local cities adopting harsher ordinances regarding undocumented residents.

The change in Santa Ana comes just as Mexican President Felipe Calderon is retooling much of Mexico's focus on its bilateral relations with the United States.

After efforts to craft an immigration reform package failed in Congress, Mexican President Vicente Fox publicly expressed his disappointment. Calderon has refocused his administration's interest in an immigration overhaul. He also has been critical of U.S. efforts to build a border fence and spoken against presidential candidates who he said were using the illegal immigration issue to boost their poll numbers.

Specifically, Calderon has issued instructions to consuls throughout the United States and Canada to insert themselves more forcefully in the illegal immigration debate speaking out to local media, politicians and forums.

However, Herrera-Rabago said Calderon's foreign policy is also refocusing efforts to spur cross border trade as well as promote tourism and investments. And the new consul is expected to ramp up those types of promotional efforts, he said.

Ortiz Haro garnered significant support among Latino and community activists for his populist approach toward the Consul role during his five-year stint in Santa Ana. He instituted easy access for people seeking help from the consul and was often seen in the lobby of the building on Broadway Avenue in Santa Ana. The consulate also stepped up programs issuing Matricula identification cards, which touched off protests by anti-illegal immigration activists.

Local activists were surprised when his transfer was announced last month and even sent a petition to the Mexican government seeking to reinstate him in the position.

"I'm just appreciative of all the people I've gotten to know over these years," said Ortiz Haro who plans to return to the Mexican capital once his daughters finish school this summer. He declined comment on the rationale behind the change.

Deputy Consul Herrera-Rabago said the new appointment had nothing to do with displeasure over Ortiz Haro's work. It was simply time for a change, he said, noting that under Mexican law, no consul can remain in a post for more than six years.

"It's not personal," said Herrera-Rabago.

Rodriguez y Quezada has worked as a consul previously in postings such as Cuba, San Diego and New York. He also has worked as the second in command in Mexican embassies abroad in nations such as El Salvador, Colombia, Lebanon and Spain. He also was Mexico's ambassador to Serbia and Montenegro, and also has worked at the United Nations and the Organization of American States representing Mexico.

www.ocregister.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"Naming a senior diplomatic officer speaks to the importance that the government of Mexico places on the community of Orange County and the heightened level of interaction that it will expect to have with local authorities and congressional representatives," said Deputy Mexican Consul Manuel Herrera-Rabago in a Friday interview
    I cannot understand why our government allows these Mexican Consuls to open anyplace in the US. Why should Mexico have any interaction with our local authorities and congressional representatives? I guess Mexico thinks that the NAU has already been approved and they are setting up shop here in the US. Mexico already has 47 or 49 consuls in the US, 5 times more than any other foreign country.

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    OK... now this consul thing has gotten WAY out of control... who the HELL is giving the OK for this invasion of the Consulates
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by AirborneSapper7
    OK... now this consul thing has gotten WAY out of control... who the HELL is giving the OK for this invasion of the Consulates
    BUSH!!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Specifically, Calderon has issued instructions to consuls throughout the United States and Canada to insert themselves more forcefully in the illegal immigration debate speaking out to local media, politicians and forums.
    Naming a senior diplomatic officer speaks to the importance that the government of Mexico places on the community of Orange County and the heightened level of interaction that it will expect to have with local authorities and congressional representatives," said Deputy Mexican Consul Manuel Herrera-Rabago in a Friday interview
    By summer when Idaho's consul is complete, Mexico will have 49 Mexican consuls in the US plus their fleet of mobile consuls. Mexico is abusing our system--by the number of counsuls and their activities. Mexican consuls aid and abet illegals and engage in covert operations in political subversion, in which a state (i.e. Mexico) supports or advises a political group (i.e. illegal immigrants, pro-illegal organizations, immigration lawyers, church groups ) in another country ( i.e. within US borders) or directs propaganda (i.e. litigation, media releases, "victim" stories, speeches, protests and marches ) at its population (us).

Mexico is promoting amnesty, against the US's interests, for it's own self-interests. Remittances from the US is one and another is MEXICAN DUAL NATIONALITY PROGRAM--Passed unanimously by the Mexican Congress March 20, 1998 which is one amendment away from dual citizenship. If amnesty is granted, Mexicans in the US will vote in both Mexican and US elections and favor Mexico's interests.

Jursidiction of consuls comes under the U.S. State Department. Secretary Rice must halt this increase of Mexican Consuls. Mobile consuls aid and abet illegals in many ways like regular consuls except they are operating on US soil.
    The Full Faith and Credit Clause of the Constitution generally requires states to recognize out-of-state court judgments. But the Constitution otherwise leaves each state with the authority to decide who is licensed to do what within that state.
    Can individual states refuse to grant mobile consuls license plates and registration?
    Fences make good neighbors.
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I would classify this as an Act of War!!! Are they bringing the Mexican army with them? Someone needs to put Mexico straight....they need to know that implied threats, such as moving in their senior 'diplomats' to insure that we won't enforce our existing laws, is an act of agression!

This is getting very, very serious!!! Mexico already has it's army in place on our soil, and don't put it past them to use it if we don't let them continue dictating our immmigration policies!

Who do we have that will tell them to shut up and get out of our country? No one! I think we need a Thompson/Romney ticket! ASAP!!! And Hunter could be Defense Secretary.

MW
    AmericanMe wrote:

Who do we have that will tell them to shut up and get out of our country? No one! I think we need a Thompson/Romney ticket! ASAP!!! And Hunter could be Defense Secretary.
    The heck with Defense Secretary, Duncan Hunter is the only of the three you listed that's not affiliated with the CFR! He's the one more likely to reverse this trend.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    AmericanMe wrote:

The heck with Defense Secretary, Duncan Hunter is the only of the three you listed that's not affiliated with the CFR! He's the one more likely to reverse this trend.
    I'm not thinking about the CFR at this point....I'm thinking that we only have TWO viable, electable choices at this point. Hunter is great, but he's not going to be a top contender. He would, however, be a great cabinet choice, along with Tancredo. Thompson was not a contender until last night's debate, and if he can keep it up, he should be on the ticket. I don't remember seeing his name on the CFR list, but I could have missed it.

AmericanMe said:
    Thompson was not a contender until last night's debate, and if he can keep it up, he should be on the ticket. I don't remember seeing his name on the CFR list, but I could have missed it.
    Sorry to say he's on list.
    http://www.knowyourrino.com/general/a_b ... agenda.htm
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by jean
    AmericanMe said:
    Thompson was not a contender until last night's debate, and if he can keep it up, he should be on the ticket. I don't remember seeing his name on the CFR list, but I could have missed it.
    Sorry to say he's on list.
    http://www.knowyourrino.com/general/a_b ... agenda.htm
    Thanks, Jean...that's not good news!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast