Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

CAIR Targets Another Conservative Talk Show Host

CAIR Targets Another Conservative Talk Show Host
    Sunday, November 11, 2007 9:19 PM
    By: Susan Jones, CNSNews.com Senior Editor

The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) is pressing advertisers to withdraw their sponsorship of Michael Savage's nationally syndicated radio program because of Savage's alleged "anti-Muslim bigotry."

Savage, on his Web site, is fighting back, urging his listeners to protect freedom of speech: "Email your representative; investigate CAIR for manipulating the U.S. media," his Web site says.

On Nov. 1, CAIR urged "radio listeners of all faiths" to contact companies that advertise on "The Savage Nation" to complain about an "anti-Muslim tirade" on Savage's Oct. 29 program. (CAIR periodically issues "incitement alerts," urging its members to contact various media outlets to express their concerns about "Islamophobic attitudes.")

CAIR was particularly disturbed by Savage's "shouted anti-Muslim attacks," which it quoted as follows:

"I'm not gonna put my wife in a hijab. And I'm not gonna put my daughter in a burqa. And I'm not getting' on my all-fours and braying to Mecca. And you could drop dead if you don't like it. You can shove it up your pipe. I don't wanna hear anymore about Islam. I don't wanna hear one more word about Islam. Take your religion and shove it up your behind. I'm sick of you."

"What kind of religion is this? What kind of world are you living in when you let them in here with that throwback document in their hand, which is a book of hate. Don't tell me I need reeducation. They need deportation. I don't need reeducation. Deportation, not reeducation. You can take C-A-I-R and throw 'em out of my country. I'd raise the American flag and I'd get out my trumpet if you did it. Without due process. You can take your due process and shove it."

"What sane nation that worships the U.S. Constitution, which is the greatest document of freedom ever written, would bring in people who worship a book that tells them the exact opposite. Make no mistake about it, the Quran is not a document of freedom. The Quran is a document of slavery and chattel. It teaches you that you are a slave."

CAIR also complained that Savage has a "long history of rhetorical attacks on Muslims and other minorities."

Savage's own Web site describes him as "explosive conservative radio talk show host" who "continues to dominate the airwaves with his brash commentary and unapologetic solutions...Savage is harder hitting than other conservatives...a media icon who is unafraid to take on the establishment."

"...In show, books and speeches, Michael Savage electrifies and galvanizes his audiences. If you're looking for someone with an opinion -- who isn't afraid to tell it like it is -- he's your man."

On Nov. 2, CAIR's Minnesota chapter announced that three companies in that state had agreed to pull their advertisements from "The Savage Nation."

And on Thursday, CAIR thanked Citrix Systems, Inc., for agreeing to drop its advertisements from Savage's nationally syndicated program. "We appreciate Citrix's principled action to disassociate itself from Michael Savage's hate-filled rhetoric," said CAIR Communications Coordinator Amina Rubin in a news release on Thursday.

"We urge other local and national companies running ads on Savage's program to follow Citrix's example in support of religious tolerance."

What about free speech?

"Free speech is a precious right that we fully support and strive to protect," Rubin added. "We are not seeking to curb Mr. Savage's freedom of speech, but to demonstrate that Americans and American companies will not tolerate hatred and bigotry."

CAIR, which describes itself as America's largest Muslim civil liberties group, says its mission is to "enhance the understanding of Islam, encourage dialogue, protect civil liberties, empower American Muslims, and build coalitions that promote justice and mutual understanding."

But conservative commentators who have been on the receiving end of CAIR's anti-Islamaphobia campaigns disagree.

Radio talk show host Michael Graham, forced out of his job in the Washington, D.C., market for refusing to apologize for remarks that offended a Muslim group, landed a new job in Boston, Mass., last year.

CAIR, which pressed for Graham's removal, said it received complaints from Muslim listeners who heard Graham say, "Islam is a terrorist organization," "Islam is at war with America," "The problem is not extremism. The problem is Islam," and "We are at war with a terrorist organization named Islam."

Graham was suspended from his job at ABC-owned WMAL in Washington on July 29, 2005, after he refused a management request to apologize for practicing what CAIR called "hate radio."

"When CAIR is able to quell dissent and label every critic a 'bigot,' the chilling effect is felt far beyond ABC Radio and 630 WMAL," Graham said at the time.

On Thursday, CAIR said radio host Michael Savage has "stepped up his attacks on Islam and Muslims in response to CAIR's advertiser campaign."
    http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/cair ... 48615.html

Conservative Talk Radio is one of our biggest tools against these lobby groups. We have to stand behind those that support us.

Free Speach is under attack again
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

On Thursday, CAIR said radio host Michael Savage has "stepped up his attacks on Islam and Muslims in response to CAIR's advertiser campaign."
    Good News! Free speech or die trying! The land of the free is morphing into the land of the intimidated! THEN we will be enslaved, stand your ground!
    We are NOT a nation of immigrants!

Islamophobic attitudes.")

Okay, now we've heard everything. Islamophobic??? They have got to be kidding.......right?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

but to demonstrate that Americans and American companies will not tolerate hatred and bigotry."
    Yeah, these CAIR people are the epitome of tolerance. The former head of CAIR in a speech said "Islam was not here to be one of many religions, it was here to be the dominant religion, the only religion." These maniacs are trying to intimidate the American people into submission and these advertisers who are pulling their support don't realize just how many people respect Mike Savage.

They want to promote understanding, they say! The very same people who get on planes...act like terrorists and then scream about people reporting them....demanding special treatment for prayer rooms, act like idiots. They are right about one thing, they want to "empower American Muslims." That's the last thing we need.

It seems we are being attacked on all sides by outside groups of people who want to change the American way. I am hoping for the time when this Nation wakes up and makes it know that we "HAVE HAD ENOUGH"!

Criticism of islam is a CRIME in islamic theocracies. CAIR wants us to believe that ANY criticism of the "religion of peace" is bigotry. This despite the fact that ALL islamic theocracies ACTIVELY oppress people of other faiths. They desire nothing less than to silence all criticism of the "religion of peace."

Has anyone noticed that NO ONE parodies or satirizes the "religion of peace." The closest thing I've seen is a single South Park episode and South Park regularly satirizes and parodies Christians, Jews and Mormons. It's interesting to note that comedy skits are acceptable for practically every other religion except islam, probably because people are afraid of fatwahs being pronounced on them (does anyone remember Salmon Rushdie and the Satanic Verses? Salmon Rushie still lives in fear for his life).
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada

Airline crews flying into Saudi Arabia are not allowed to wear any Christian symbols, such as a cross necklace or pin. It doesn't matter whether they leave the plane or not and of course no Bibles allowed. They have the market cornered on religious intolerance.

Savage said today he's lost one advertiser because of this, but it doesn't sound like he's backing down. He said the advertisers have to figure out if there are more conservatives or radical Muslims.

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    Savage said today he's lost one advertiser because of this, but it doesn't sound like he's backing down. He said the advertisers have to figure out if there are more conservatives or radical Muslims.
    The concept of a "moderate muslim" is a myth. There are no "moderate"
    islamic theocracies -- they ALL practice religious intolerance of other faiths, they ALL have defined crimes against islam.
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada