Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

CALI: Director's Clark Killer faces ONLY SIX YEARS

Man Pleads No Contest In Deadly PCH Crash
    Director Bob Clark, His Son Were Killed April 4

(CBS) LOS ANGELES A man who caused a crash on Pacific Coast Highway that killed the director of ''A Christmas Story'' and his son pleaded no contest Wednesday to gross vehicular manslaughter while intoxicated.

Hector Manuel Velazquez-Nava, 24, faces a six-year state prison term when sentenced Sept. 27 at the Airport Branch Courthouse, according to the District Attorney's Office.

Velazquez-Nava -- a native of Mexico living in Los Angeles -- was charged with the two manslaughter counts two days after the April 4 crash that killed director Robert Clark, 67, of Pacific Palisades, and his son, Ariel Hanrath-Clark, 22, of Santa Monica.

The crash occurred about 2:20 a.m. on PCH between Sunset Boulevard and Temescal Canyon Road in Pacific Palisades when the GMC Yukon SUV Velazquez-Nava was driving drifted into oncoming traffic and struck the elder Clark's 1997 Infiniti Q30.

At the time of the crash, Velazquez-Nava had a blood-alcohol content of .24 -- three times the legal limit, according to the District Attorney's Office.

Clark directed numerous movies, included the holiday season standard "A Christmas Story" in 1983 and "Loose Cannons" in 1990. He also directed, wrote and produced the teen cult films "Porky's" and "Porky's II: The Next Day."

Velazquez-Nava is jailed without bail, and U.S. immigration officials have placed a hold on him, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department's Inmate Information Center Web site.

Senior Member BorderLegionnaire's Avatar
    THATS MY FAVORITE CHRISTMAS MOVIE!!! 6 YEARS!!!! WHY NOT 2 COUNTS OF MURDER!!! THAT MAKES ME SICK!!!

Side note I lost a friend about 5 years ago when a drunk driver was doing 85 down the service road off I-495 and blew the light and crashed and tore up my friends truck with a small honda hatchback! The drunk ran leaving his wife hurt in the car and my friend on the street left for dead! He died on the street and his family and friends wanted this guy on murder charges but only got Vehicular Manslaughter charges after he turned himself in a day later!!! He was only 21 year old coming home from work that night.... Sick world we live in... Not sure what the status of the drunk drive was but the area he was driving in was populated heavily with illegal, but I can't say it was or it wasn't I just didn't know at the time?
    Our country's founders cherished liberty, not democracy.
    -Ron Paul

That is not harsh enough punishment.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

That was my favorite Christmas movie too. I hate drunk drivers.

Moving to News forum.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn