Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Can Condo Associations Ban Illegal Immigrants?

Can Condo Associations Ban Illegal Immigrants?

by: Daniel Vasquez

April 29th, 2011 | 10:38 AM

Joan of Broward County has a condominium unit for rent and recently learned that her association will not allow illegal immigrants to rent or lease from any owner. She asks whether this is a legal rule.
    Most likely. Florida and federal laws do not allow anyone to reject a rental, lease or purchase agreement on the basis of where they come form or where they were born. However, the laws do not appear to protect someone who has entered the U.S. illegally.

“While National Origin is a protected class, I am not sure that immigration status is a protected class,â€
    When you aid and support criminals, you live a criminal life style yourself:

Robbins goes on to say that associations tend to reject applications from illegal immigrants because they are not able to run the requisite background and credit check to ensure they would make good, responsible tenants.
    If homes will be leased into renter’s names yes there are applications to fill out with many different personal questions about tenets that will reside in rented/leased homes. I know this, because I once leased a home and had to fill out an application.
    When you aid and support criminals, you live a criminal life style yourself:

you don't Have to rent to any one that you don't want in your
    that your right look It up

No amnesty
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

most rental agreements also restrict the number of persons in units...

I recently read ( not sure if true ) that Israel does NOT allow foreigners to own property. I wish we had that here, where they can only rent not own.
    What a tremendous increase in our national security that would be.

some do Have bcak ground check .they should
    in every state & town .
    no amnesty
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I posted this yesterday and the comments after it. There were alot more replies to my post that you may be interested in.