Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Can FL Condo Associations Ban Illegal

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/condoblog ... rants.html

Can condo associations ban illegal immigrants?
    by: Daniel Vasquez
    April 29th, 2011 | 10:38 AM

Joan of Broward County has a condominium unit for rent and recently learned that her association will not allow illegal immigrants to rent or lease from any owner. She asks whether this is a legal rule.
    Most likely. Florida and federal laws do not allow anyone to reject a rental, lease or purchase agreement on the basis of where they come form or where they were born. However, the laws do not appear to protect someone who has entered the U.S. illegally.
    “While National Origin is a protected class, I am not sure that immigration status is a protected class,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Universal E-Verify is the single most effective tool for ending the illegal aliens problem. Jobs are the big lure. Take that away and most of problem goes away on its own.

Lamar Smith, the chairman of the House judiciary committee, deserves the support of all pro-Americans.
    ************************************************** *****************************
    Americans first in this magnificent country

American jobs for American workers

Fair trade, not free trade

I think right now it is good in the sense where the person or people doing the screening can easily find out if a person is illegal without asking. No Florida drivers license or social security card means illegal in most cases. Canadian snowbirds will tell them right out that they are Canadian and are coming down for the winter. They provide a verifiable address produce a valid drivers license from the province they are from and a maybe a social insurance card the equivalent of our SSN. That makes it easy for the condo to get a background check on them in Canada. I think the two biggest fears of renting to illegals are if they will continue paying rent and thus the landlord their maintenance and the people's background. If they are illegal you don't know what crimes they committed back home and in effect if you allow them to live in a condo like that then you are discriminating against Americans by checking their criminal record.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"Ol' Claudia is getting her ass ripped!"
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by stevetheroofer
    "Ol' Claudia is getting her ass ripped!"
    That's for sure. I had to even edit some of it.

"I believe it!"
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I own a rental and pay a management company to take care of all the details. I do insist on full credit and background checks for anyone who wants to rent from me. It's the only way to protect my financial stake and there's nothing illegal about it.

Illegal aliens will not pass either background or credit check, problem solved.
    "