Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Can Obama grant amnesty to illegals with the stroke of a pen

June 24, 2010

Can Obama grant amnesty to illegals with the stroke of a pen?

Rick Moran

Apparently, he thinks he can because 7 GOP senators sent a letter to the president demanding that he not do so: http://www.numbersusa.com/content/news/ ... nesty.html

We understand that there's a push for your Administration to develop a plan to unilaterally extend either deferred action or parole to millions of illegal aliens in the United States. We understand that the Administration may include aliens who have willfully overstayed their visas or filed for benefits knowing that they will not be eligible for a status for years to come. We understand that deferred action and parole are discretionary actions reserved for individual cases that present unusual, emergent or humanitarian circumstances. Deferred action and parole were not intended to be used to confer a status or offer protection to large groups of illegal aliens, even if the agency claims that they look at each case on a "case-by-case" basis.
    While we agree our immigration laws need to be fixed, we are deeply concerned about the potential expansion of deferred action or parole for a large illegal alien population. While deferred action and parole are Executive Branch authorities, they should not be used to circumvent Congress' constitutional authority to legislate immigration policy, particularly as it relates to the illegal population in the United States.

What a monumental insult to the Constitution and a severe blow to the very fabric of law in the United States if the president were to actually go through with this. Respect for the law means that you not only follow the letter of the law but its spirit as well. Barack Obama would show contempt for the laws of the United States if he usurped the legislative branch by abusing his powers in this manner.

I don't think he'll do it. He wouldn't dare.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/201 ... o_ill.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I think that he will. The gloves are off. They came off before he came into power with the open looting of the nation. We all know that we are mere slaves now. There is no more pretense. I believe that Jonathan Voight is correct and that it will plunge us into Civil War. I am amazed at how brainwashed people are and how little common sense there is. All sides totally believe and know that they are right in their heart of hearts and will not give. I cannot believe the level of discourse that is allowed in our press - they have aided this divide hugely and I keep saying - we need some major lawsuits to get these people in line. I truly believe with all of my heart that Obama's directive is to destroy the U.S. and that he is trained, ready and willing to sacrifice himself for that goal.
    Restitution to Displaced Citizens First!

I keep hearing about celebrities and Barack Obama, golf and Barack Obama, parties and Barack Obama . . . . . . who else parties hardy when they know they are going to die?
    Restitution to Displaced Citizens First!

Deport all illegal aliens

WE AMERICANS WILL NOT ALLOW THAT. OBAMA THINKS HE IS THE KING. HE IS NOT . I AM GLAD WE WILL ELECT A NEW PRESIDENT IN 2012. I AM TIRED OF OBAMA.

Quote Originally Posted by sarum
    ...how brainwashed people are and how little common sense there is.
    Brainwashing was used in the Stalinist era to march millions of Russian citizens to their deaths. "The Workers' Paradise" was created by slaves who thought they were "working" for this goal when in fact they were often used up or murdered by troops with machine guns after a period of only a couple of years. The same government often left "workers" in the freezing sub-zero cold so that the weak workers would die sooner than the strong ones.

Deport all illegal aliens

WE HAVE TO TELL OBAMA THAT HE IS NOT HUGO CHAVEZ OR FIDEL CASTRO. THIS IS AMERICA AND OBAMA HAS TO DO WHAT AMERICANS WANT: NO AMNESTY NEVER. DEPORT ALL ILLEGAL ALIENS. THAT IS WHAT WE WANT OBAMA.

Re: Can Obama grant amnesty to illegals with the stroke of a

Quote Originally Posted by AirborneSapper7
    Respect for the law means that you not only follow the letter of the law but its spirit as well.

And when the spirit is lacking, they fish for every loophole they can find to destroy the laws they just passed! That is why the healthcare bill was a scam to make the cost of healthcare more expensive not less.

I am reminded of the disturbed statements Dennis Hastert made about securing the border. He once held a press conference because he was in charge of hammering out local agreements about border fencing. He said something to effect of "we have reached an agreement on building the border fence. The fence will be built in [border area] under conditions layed out by the [border area Indian tribe]."

Since the Indian tribe in question had already forbidden fence construction on their land between Mexico and the US, Hastert essentially said "we are going to build the border fence in this highly trafficked Indian area by not building it."

Hmmm: Senators worried about Obama granting amnesty via executive order?

And we all know how much he likes doing things by executive order.
    Even so, and mindful of the fact that some O critics consider him capable of anything, I’m skeptical.
    Several Senators have learned of a possible plan by the Obama Administration that would provide a mass Amnesty for the nation’s 11-18 million illegal aliens. Led by Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), eight Senators addressed a letter to the President asking for answers to questions about a plan that would allow DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano to provide an amnesty if they can’t secure enough votes for a bill in the Senate.
    The letter that was sent to Pres. Obama earlier today asks the President for clarification on the use of deferred action or parole for illegal aliens. The executive actions are typically used in special cases and are evaluated on a case-by-case basis, but if 60 votes can’t be secured in the Senate to pass a mass Amnesty, the Administration may use the discretionary actions as an alternative.
    The boss emeritus reminds us that there’s a long, dismal history of the feds granting de facto amnesty via non-enforcement orders, which is true, of course — in individual cases. A mass amnesty of millions of illegals is a different ballgame, and if done by fiat would strike me as being … oh, what’s the term? Ah yes: Political suicide. Yeah, granted, after promising Latinos the sun, the moon, and the stars on immigration, Democrats are desperate to make a move on amnesty. But they’re also keenly aware of how popular Arizona’s law is — to the point that Arizona Dems are now pleading with The One not to challenge it in court lest the voter backlash wipe them out in the fall. If Obama slammed his fist down on the national immigration chessboard by granting some sort of blanket legalization, not only would border enforcers go berserk but it would cement the narrative that his statist ambition has become dangerously authoritarian and desperately requires checking by a GOP Congress. The Republican wave would become a Republican tsunami, which means even if he wanted to do it, the politics are simply too poisonous to allow it. That’s why, I assume, only eight senators signed the letter that’s quoted above (McCain and Kyl both passed on it). It’s simply not a credible enough possibility for most of them to worry about it.
    http://hotair.com/archives/2010/06/23/h ... r/?print=1
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Deport all illegal aliens

Quote Originally Posted by immigration2009
    WE HAVE TO TELL OBAMA THAT HE IS NOT HUGO CHAVEZ OR FIDEL CASTRO.
    Ahhhhhhhh, but he is the same as Huge Chavez and Fidel Castro. He has nationalized banks, nationalized automobile companies, he has nationalized health care, and would love to nationalize the oil industry. I don't see much difference between the 3. In fact, I'll be Chavez and Castro are laughing about how Obama is just like they are and America elected him.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Re: Deport all illegal aliens

Quote Originally Posted by bigtex
    Quote Originally Posted by immigration2009
    WE HAVE TO TELL OBAMA THAT HE IS NOT HUGO CHAVEZ OR FIDEL CASTRO.
    Ahhhhhhhh, but he is the same as Huge Chavez and Fidel Castro. He has nationalized banks, nationalized automobile companies, he has nationalized health care, and would love to nationalize the oil industry. I don't see much difference between the 3. In fact, I'll be Chavez and Castro are laughing about how Obama is just like they are and America elected him.
    And that, I suspect, is why he is standing in the way of the oil cleanup in Louisiana. Let the crisis go from bad to worse so he can take over the industry.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast