Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Can You Get In Trouble For Hiring An Illegal Immigrant?

In light of the federal raid on the Palm Springs Baking Company, the question has to be asked, can individual citizens face charges if we hire illegal immigrants to do housework or yardwork or other work commonly done by the undocumented?

Federal law has been clear since the immigration reform act of 1986, it's illegal for anyone to hire an illegal immigrant for any purpose. You also must verify your potential employee's status with documentation such as a drivers license or a greencard.

An Immigrations and Customs Enforcement offcial tells KPSP Local that they direct their resources to major alleged violations such as the Palm Springs Baking Company, so the lilkihood that individual citizens will be prosecuted for hiring day laborers is low.

Also, An important exception to this law occurs where you hire a contractor who employs illegal immigrants to to the job. In that case, only the contractor can face criminal penalties, which can range from a hefty fine to 6 months in jail for every illegal worker hired.
    http://www.deserttelevision.com/Global/ ... ?S=8988635
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Can You Get In Trouble For Hiring An Illegal Immigrant?

In light of the federal raid on the Palm Springs Baking Company, the question has to be asked, can individual citizens face charges if we hire illegal immigrants to do housework or yardwork or other work commonly done by the undocumented?
    So you are willing to take a chance on being strangled by an illegal like that actress in NY was? Anybody who does this might get a Darwin award.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

WHY would you want to hire someone you cannot communicate with?? That's just plain stupid! But then again, if you don't care about the quality of the work....nahh, it's still stupid. It's also not safe. Read what almost happened to my mother

My mother, may she rest in peace, hired a "contractor" to fix her house after a flood, thinking she was saving money. Let me tell you, in less than 7 years she had to spend quadruple to actually fix the damage done by this "contractor". Yep, hispanic helping hispanic, eh? The owner was a legal permanent resident married to a US citizen, the workers were ALL illegal aliens.

Couple of years later, mom was in the hospital being threatened by her "aide". I drove over and she tells me that her "aide" was one of the men who had worked on her house and was threatening and making sexual comments to her. She was 86!!! This mans job was to give the patients spongebaths!!! I called the cops and asked them to come back the next day during his shift so they could confront him. They did one better. They sent a policewoman and put her in the next bed. When this man walked in and started his threats, she recorded everything! She (and my other) spoke Spanish also. Police come walking in and arrest him, he feigns ignorance, calling it racial profiling. Joke was on him when the female cop got out of bed and told him he'd been caught threatening an old lady with violence. He's still in jail with a hold on him.

You decide if it's worth hiring illegal aliens. I don't think it's worth my life or the life of my loved ones.
    "