Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

patbrunz,

How come we don't hear of some group like that (how about a Council of Americans?) in the U.S. saying that?
    How about ALIPAC, NumbersUSA, the MinuteMen, etc......
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

The Canadian public was not consulted and there has been no parliamentary debate on this plan developed by our governments behind closed doors,” says Brent Patterson, director of organizing at the Council of Canadians. In Cancun, only representatives of large corporations were allowed to sit at the table with the three leaders. “We are taking this opportunity to let the American government know how Canadians outside the big business community feel,” says Patterson.
    I think we should get together with them and form a Northern coalition against globalization and "migration".
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by curiouspat
    patbrunz,

How come we don't hear of some group like that (how about a Council of Americans?) in the U.S. saying that?
    How about ALIPAC, NumbersUSA, the MinuteMen, etc......
    Yes, I thought of that. But I was thinking that the Council of Canadians was a major, mainstream political and/or government organization in Canada that has power, gets tons of publicity and is often referred to in the Canadian mainstream media and perhaps I'm wrong. Shows my ignorance of Canada I guess.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

patbrunz, didn't search it so don't know. Those listed groups just flashed to mind.
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

patbrunz

They seem to be a citizen's action committee

Founded in 1985, the Council of Canadians is Canada’s largest citizens’ organization, with members and chapters across the country. We work to protect Canadian independence by promoting progressive policies on fair trade, clean water, safe food, public health care, and other issues of social and economic concern to Canadians.

We develop creative campaigns to put some of the country’s most important issues into the spotlight. We organize speaking tours, days of action, conferences and demonstrations. We also produce research reports, create popular materials, and work with individuals and organizations across the country and around the world. We do all of this to ensure that governments know the kind of Canada we want.

The Council does not accept money from corporations or governments, and is sustained entirely by the volunteer energy and financial assistance of its members.

If you believe that our social programs and public services should be strengthened, not privatized; that our foreign and trade policies should be independent, not subservient to the United States; and that our water and natural resources should be protected, not exploited, please join us as a member.
    TIME'S UP!

These could be our "brothers & sisters in arms."
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

yep, 2nd. I didn't explore the site, that's why I didn't put the link on the post

If I get a chance, I'll go back and look at the internal links. I just put the name in my browser.
    TIME'S UP!

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    These could be our "brothers & sisters in arms."
    Yes, I think they are. I did a little looking around on their website and found they have a term called, "Deep Integration," for how they refer to the integration of them with the US, but I didn't see any mention of Mexico. Perhaps they aren't aware of that part of it?

It sounds like they are very opposed to a North American Union too.

Here's something from their website:

http://www.canadians.org/browse_categor ... 10&iscat=1

DEEP INTEGRATION FEATURES

A Citizen’s Guide to Fighting Deep Integration

Dear Concerned Citizen,

Deep integration between Canada and the United States is not a theory or a fear – it is a reality. For several years now, a plethora of task forces, working groups, commissions, coordinating committees and cross-border consultations have been operating to harmonize Canada-U.S. programs and procedures. This has led to an incremental and systematic harmonization of Canadian and American regulations and standards governing health, food safety, and all aspects of the environment.

This harmonization process has been central to the demands of the big-business community in Canada. They contend that the only way to secure trade across the border and continued access to the U.S. market is to merge trade and border policies, including all regulatory, environmental and inspection systems. The Canadian Council of Chief Executives (CCCE), an organization that lobbies the government on behalf of Canada’s largest corporations, argues that because the economies of the two countries are now so integrated, our domestic laws are essentially redundant.

Those pushing for deep integration are looking at a common customs union, as well as harmonizing existing policies, standards and regulations to a common norm. Combined with joint Canada-U.S. inspection and security procedures, this would essentially wipe out the Canada-U.S. border. This push will lead to the privatization of our health care, the loss of control of our resources, further compromises in trade deals like what we have seen with the softwood lumber dispute.

But there is hope. We can stop the integration of Canada with the United States by demanding that the Canadian government stop working with big business and put a moratorium on deep integration initiatives.

This is not a call to put up borders around Canada. Nor is it an announcement of presumed moral superiority with respect to our neighbours. What I believe, and what The Council of Canadians believes, is that Canada must decide if it is in our interest to forge deeper economic, foreign policy, social and resource ties with the United States under its most aggressive government in modern history, or if we are going to stand with moderate countries and people around the world to form a counterweight.

This booklet includes background information, key demands and suggestions of how you can get involved in the fight against deep integration with Bush’s America.

Make your voice heard.

Maude Barlow
    National Chairperson, The Council of Canadians
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

They have to know Mexico is involved.

I too feel this group could help us out.

They need to have a "leave message here", or forum or something.

Anyway, I was glad to see some Canadians are fighting this too.
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

Hi all. I'm kind of new here. I haven't posted previously but have been an avid watcher.
    I am a Canadian. I live in the USA. I came here legally on Sept. 6th. 2001. My first day in my newly purchased home was 9/11/2001. I have lived through some real ups and downs here in the USA. Ever since I moved here I have been met with nothing but open arms, open minds and smiles. I can truely say KUDOS to all of you whom are standing up for the rights and freedoms that you have all faught so hard for. As a Canadian living in the US... it has been hard at times. The immigration attorney that my company hired, as well as the company I work for kind of dropped the ball on my "PERM" status and green card application. I have to leave the USA and return to Canada by August 7th. at the latest. I wrote and many of my friends and customers wrote a local Congressman to assist me in my plight to stay. It is all to no avail. Since I came here LEGALLY, stayed here LEGALLY and will depart LEGALLY I am in hopes that someday I may return with a Green Card and eventually become a citizen. However, givne that majority of the new "Green Cards" will be issued to people living here ILLEGALLY my chances are less.
    The things that I will miss the most about the United States of America. Not my home (that I bought and pay taxes on). Not my job (which I pay taxes). Not my cars (which I purchased here and pay taxes on). I will miss my friends. The USA has become my HOME. Yes, I will always have a soft spot for Canada. I am sure you would feel the same if you were in my shoes. But... this is my home. Even my parents who still reside in Canada are upset at the situation. Granted they are happy that I will be closer to them again but they are up in arms over the immigration situation (especially my conundrum)!
    What I want to say is this. In Canada, immigration is and always will be a hot topic. Canada's government has always been welcoming to newcomers. Canada's citizens on the other hand, are not far off as to where the USA currently sits as a nation. Granted, Canada does not have a huge influx such as the USA. Most of Canada's immigrants are from Asia, the Middle East and Europe. It would be VERY rare to see a "Mexican" in Canada. Too cold I guess!!!
    Canada as a country is very aware of what is happeneing in the USA as far as the flux of Mexican Illegals. And believe me... Canada is not impressed with potential amnesty. The south is marching north... how long until they do get to Canada.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast