Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Capital Area Groups Unite to Fight Illegal Immigration

Capital Area Groups Unite to Fight Illegal Immigration
    Thursday , April 17, 2008
    By Ben Meyerson

WASHINGTON —

Ten groups from Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C., announced Thursday they're joining forces to fight illegal immigration in the region surrounding the nation's capital.

The newly-formed Capital Area Alliance Against Illegal Immigration hopes to pool the resources and knowledge of member organizations to end what it calls "political and legislative support for illegal immigration" in the region.

"Crime, unfortunately, doesn't know political boundaries too well," said Greg Letiecq, executive director of Save the Old Dominion and leader of the Virginia branch of the Alliance.

Chuck Floyd, head of the organization's Maryland arm, agreed.

"We're going after them with this particular group and trying to coordinate policies in the region, because we find that Virginia, Maryland and D.C. are not on the same sheet of music when it comes to enforcing policies," he said.

Floyd, Letiecq and Washington branch leader Bill Buchanan praised some of the Virginia General Assembly's recent political moves, including passing bills that revoke the license of a business found hiring illegal immigrants and to deny bail to illegal immigrants.

Maryland and Washington could benefit from adopting policies like Virginia's, Letiecq said.

"As the impacts of different policies between jurisdictions become more obvious, it's going to be important to help citizens of Maryland understand what the solutions are that are working in Virginia," Letiecq said.

Maryland Delegate Victor Ramirez, D, saw the organization as an attempt for the groups to increase their numbers to gain more leverage.

However, the multi-state hierarchy of the Alliance might end up causing the group trouble, Ramirez said.

"I think their plan may backfire on them," he said. "In Maryland, it's a more progressive state than Virginia, and if we see people from Virginia meddling in Maryland's policies, I think it's going to galvanize support against people who advocate these Draconian policies that create hate."

The Alliance's founding member organizations are the American Border Patrol, Defend D.C., Help Save Loudoun, Help Save Manassas, Help Save Maryland, Judicial Watch, the Maryland Minuteman Civil Defense Corps, Save the Old Dominion, Vienna Citizens' Coalition and the Virginia Minuteman Civil Defense Corps.
    http://www.foxnews.com:80/story/0,2933,351655,00.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Capital Area Alliance Against Illegal Immigration
    Ten Citizens’ Groups to Announce Formation of New Coalition to Combat Illegal Immigration in Washington Capital Area
    Press Office 202-646-5188

Ten grass-roots, citizens’ organizations, representing thousands of concerned citizens across the Washington, DC metropolitan region, have joined today to form the “Capital Area Alliance against Illegal Immigration.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    Maryland Delegate Victor Ramirez, D, saw the organization as an attempt for the groups to increase their numbers to gain more leverage.
    Sounds logical to me.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I think it is a great idea and more states should do the same , they will accomplish more standing together.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

However, the multi-state hierarchy of the Alliance might end up causing the group trouble, Ramirez said.
    Oh really? These are AMERICAN citizens against ILLEGAL invaders, so how's that going to cause trouble for them?

Not much different than laraza busing people in from all over to add "leverage" to their numbers, no?
    "

Capital area groups

This is great. We need many more rational, law abiding Americans to stand up and make their voices heard.

I especially loved the critic who said a state should not meddle in the affairs of another state----What about Mexico meddleing in American legal affairs.........

Of course, it will not matter how law abiding, rational, or justified these groups are, they will be called a "hate group"

Cohesive Group

This is a great way to do this! Instead of one-you have many forming a cohesive group!....Keep us posted on your progress.
    If your ILLEGAL...get out of my country...get out of my state...get out of my community...get out of my face!...otherwise, have a nice day!
    http://nebraskaobserver.wordpress.com/

This is great! I see folks on it that have had success already and will do well in the new structure. Best of luck.
    287(g) + e-verify + SSN no match = Attrition through enforcement