Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Car disguised as SDG&E vehicle can't fool Border Patrol

Sedan disguised as SDG&E vehicle can't fool Border Patrol

By Greg Gross
    UNION-TRIBUNE BREAKING NEWS TEAM

2:46 p.m. August 14, 2008

SAN DIEGO – The San Diego Gas & Electric logo on the doors of the white Ford Taurus looked authentic enough, but it still couldn't fool Border Patrol agents in the backcountry.
    When they searched the sedan Tuesday morning in Campo, they found 20 bundles of marijuana, about 223 pounds worth, in the trunk. The 28-year-old woman driving the car was arrested.

Agents first spotted the bogus service vehicle at Forrest Gate and Sheridan roads near Campo, about 50 miles east of San Diego. When they tried to pull the driver over on Buckman Springs Road, she immediately made a U-turn and headed back toward the border, but crashed into thick brush, a Border Patrol spokesman said.

She then left the car and tried to run into Mexico, but the agents caught her first, the spokesman.

What prompted the agents' suspicions?

The first giveaway was the car itself, a Ford Taurus. The utility company usually use trucks. Next, when they did a radio check of the Taurus' license plate, the plates were registered to a Chevrolet Cavalier. Finally, a closer look revealed that the plates themselves were counterfeit.
    When agents let one of their dogs take a sniff around the car trunk, it was “GAME OVER.â€
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

All in a days work for the overworked BP :P

Thanks BP good job
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

KEEP UP THE FIGHT
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

GOOD WORK BP
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*

There are 46 comments left at the source link so far.

Take care BP, we support you!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I love a happy ending
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

WOW! They're really good, those BPs!!

I would love to sit around a campfire with some BPs and listen to them recount stories of apprehension -- the funny ones first of course!
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

They are true hero's and get treated like crap from the Bush Admin. and the OBLer's, which really ticks me off....I am surprised they can get anyone to do the job after the way Ramos and Compean were treated..

Thanks BP, you are truly very special people!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)