Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar

Carolinas Roundup

Carolinas Roundup
    Posted: Friday, Jul. 03, 2009
    ICE launches workplace immigration crackdown

Twenty-six companies in Georgia and the Carolinas were among those nationwide receiving notices of inspection related to investigations into hiring of illegal immigrants, a spokesman for Immigration and Customs Enforcement said Thursday. The agency would not disclose the firms' names.

The Obama administration launched investigations of hundreds of businesses around the country Wednesday as part of its strategy to focus immigration enforcement on the employers who hire illegal workers. ICE has begun notifying businesses of plans to audit their I-9 forms – employment eligibility documents that employers fill out for every worker – the agency told members of Congress in an e-mail.

Immigration officers served “Notices of Inspectionâ€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

ELE

No work, No free service............take away incentives.

For Employers: "If you hired you should be fired".
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Okay, so the audits are going to be done. Something is always better than nothing.

But, why were the companies notified and how long will it be before they are actually inspected? My own opinion is that these things should be done on a surprise basis. It sure would eliminate any6 chance of records tampering and the feds just might come across evidence indicating other types of crimes.

Or, would unannounced visits look too much like "raids"?

Also, how many of the employers will actually be prosecuted?

It would go a long way in assuring the public that they are serious in doing anything they claim to be doing if they would get rid of the "knowingly" language in the law and close that loophole, stop playing games with E-Verify, detain the illegal aliens found to be working, and then maintain a site where people could go and track progress of cases against employers.

It's just a few simple things and until they are willing to do that, I really hope that they understand we're not buying into appearances.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

No action was taken

So first problem is are the paper fakes; and just look authentic. How are employers to discern between fake and legitimate documents. They cannot. Exactly, an employer's excuse for hiring illegals is "we are not document experts". Next, the employer's says, "we did not want to be sued for racial discrimination" so we just collect the I-9 information and do not question anyone. These employers are free to hire illegal immigrants with no safety net for the American Workers.

Why is there NOT a safety net for the American Workers? The I-9 was put in place after the 1986 amnesty to fool Americans into thinking businesses were only hiring legal workers. And employers only have to file the useless I-9 paper in a file cabinet with NO VERIFYING BY ANYONE. So where is the safe guard for all of America Jobs?

Congress Stop Ignoring the American Workers; Pass an AMERICAN FIRST HIRE LAW. This law could make sure massive legal immigrants and illegals aren't displacing American workers.

vmonkey56:
    Congress Stop Ignoring the American Workers; Pass an AMERICAN FIRST HIRE LAW.
    Problem is we are also fighting corporations (and in some cases small business owners) that want to hire cheaper labor forces.

Reading some articles on slavery and indentured servants (do you remember them?)here in the USA. Found the same reasons applied to these categories of people in our history due to the fact that even then they always said they needed more labor force,more workers and here we are today with that SAME SUPPOSED PROBLEM. How can you be short a labor force when a great deal of our jobs have been shipped out.

I do agree........HIRE AMERICAN FIRST
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Re: Carolinas Roundup

[quote="FedUpinFarmersBranch"]Carolinas Roundup
    Posted: Friday, Jul. 03, 2009
    ICE launches workplace immigration crackdown

Twenty-six companies in Georgia and the Carolinas were among those nationwide receiving notices of inspection related to investigations into hiring of illegal immigrants, a spokesman for Immigration and Customs Enforcement said Thursday. The agency would not disclose the firms' names.

The Obama administration launched investigations of hundreds of businesses around the country Wednesday as part of its strategy to focus immigration enforcement on the employers who hire illegal workers. ICE has begun notifying businesses of plans to audit their I-9 forms – employment eligibility documents that employers fill out for every worker – the agency told members of Congress in an e-mail.

Immigration officers served “Notices of Inspectionâ€
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Re: Carolinas Roundup

More propaganda! Seeing is believing. When they actually arrest someone and hold them accountable I will believe that the Obama administration is serious bout doing anything to protect ths country.

Unfortunately, I think it is just like I heard someone say on TV the other day, "only Osama can help us now." It just may take another 911 before America finally wakes up and puts and end to this out of control, arrogance from our elected officials.
    I agree with you.

I think he's NOT serious about it.
    It's all a part of his plan to make the uninformed "think" he's serious about illegal immigration.

Reality is the illegals GO NO WHERE! They get work permits and the employers go to jail and pay fines.

It's all smoke and mirrors!

DON'T BELIEVE IT FOR A MINUTE!

I also believe it's gonna take another 9-11.
    I think there will be four to five 9-11's at the same time.
    They tried to do it last time but the CIA or whatever, caught the others.
    This administration won't be able to help America, they are too ignorant, pitiful, and arrogant to think it will happen.
    How can tax cheats, Lobbyists, and people that are Kenyans, find their way out of a bag of s*it
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris